◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
I will be available so if you want me to host then I'm in ;)

D2 members should probably send requests to Ice_Warden soon if you guys want me to host.

btw @Pizzle13 :

Banner design is sick ;)

Doesn't really matter to me who hosts. I seem to recall @nmcp1 saying he wanted someone else to pick up hosting for D2 for a while. That's why I asked.

We still need a primary scorekeeper for D2.

image.jpg

[/quote]

Amen to that!!!
"Jim" Garner got hooked on racing during his filming of Grand Prix and then in Winning . He not only drove himself ( and was quite good) but in 1968 (I think) he created a racing team called American International Racing. He had famed Corvette Builder Dick Guldstrand build
L88 Corvettes that were powered by Traco engines. His drivers were Guldstrand and Ed Leslie. Here is the concours restoration before and after. He LOVED racing.
image.jpg

@Azure Flare and @Pizzle13

I know it looks like the batlle should continue on a paintball course, but we actually need more than one person to be able to produce world class banners. Two people can work together and increase the quality further, they can share the skills and tools and be back-up when the other is not available.

@Azure Flare - you can make or collect the car picture shots for now and learn from @pizzle how to use/create the templates, so when either of you are away for the week the other can keep the good work up.

I don't agree with the negative poking that came out of some of the posts - lets see if we can turn this into a positive

:gtpflag::cheers:
Well said!! We have multiple members who collaborate on many positions within the league, so why can't we do the same with the banners? Hopefully @Pizzle13 and @Azure Flare can work something out where they share the workload rather than compete for it. Or perhaps just back each other up so that we always have banners in the event that somebody is out of town or just doesn't have time to produce banners for any given week. 👍

I don't know if @zer05ive will have time to edit post 2, which looks much cleaner with just those banners, by the way, before racing tonight, but, I'd use those latest banners as a template (you probably already set up that way) for future use. :cheers::bowdown:
The lineup post has been updated. I was surprised to see that all three combos were combined into one picture, but it certainly made updating the post insanely easy!

@Pizzle13, I know there have been a lot of unsolicited suggestions on your banners so I apologize in advance if it seems like I'm piling on. However, combining all three banners into one file doesn't allow me to credit the photographer under each one. If it takes extra effort on your part to combine the banners, I would say don't worry about doing so. That way, I can put the photographer's name under each. Unless of course you feel like listing the photographer on the banner itself would be better. However, I know everyone's been asking you to add things to the banner and I don't want to add any unnecessary clutter to them. :nervous:

@Pizzle13, I know there have been a lot of unsolicited suggestions on your banners so I apologize in advance if it seems like I'm piling on. However, combining all three banners into one file doesn't allow me to credit the photographer under each one. If it takes extra effort on your part to combine the banners, I would say don't worry about doing so. That way, I can put the photographer's name under each. Unless of course you feel like listing the photographer on the banner itself would be better. However, I know everyone's been asking you to add things to the banner and I don't want to add any unnecessary clutter to them. :nervous:

i could do something like this to avoid the clutter:

ifbxnm.jpg

Requesting to join SNAIL. No wheel yet.

@Jason Bica

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I will be available so if you want me to host then I'm in ;)

D2 members should probably send requests to Ice_Warden soon if you guys want me to host.

Doesn't really matter to me who hosts. I seem to recall @nmcp1 saying he wanted someone else to pick up hosting for D2 for a while. That's why I asked.

We still need a primary scorekeeper for D2.

@JoeW Let's have you host tonight.

ATTENTION ALL D2 DRIVERS

Please send a friend request to Ice_Warden.

As far as scorekeeping I can't for the time being until I figure out why my crap Windows Vista laptop doesn't want to connect to my new network. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and pick up one of those Chromebooks...

Interested in joining SNAIL. What are the next steps?

@Daniel Setili

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

-Division 3 Reminder-

We are racing in a 'friends only' room and it is up to you to send a 'friend request' to tcrash15 if you are racing in Division 3. If you are not sure, click HERE and check the current Drivers List. I will be accepting friend requests up until 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT. So make sure you get that done:) See everyone on the track and lets not be late. Room will be open at 9:10pm ET / 6:10pm PT. I would like to start immediately after we get the all clear to start the night.

hey guys ...
i just wanted to thank everybody that suggested something to the banners !
looking at the first one i created as a test, the new ones with all the suggestions actually do look alot better.
thanks fellas

2eq9id1.jpg

vfyxea.jpg

2rw2ski.jpg
Great job! Looks great!

I ran a X:XX.XXX for the time trial, where would that put me?

You should go back and -re-read your welcome post. It contains very specific instructions on what exactly you should be doing to join the league.

Also we don't discuss time trial results on the thread. You might want to edit your post above.

Back