◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
To whom was your check addressed?

check? all I did was take the survey test and qualify. then I hit the submit button. then I am supposed to wait for someone to post my division.

I think what dabney may be trying to point out there was, SNAIL operates with an all volunteer work force. Almost everyone in that workforce has a "day job". While your expectation might not be completely unreasonable, since you didn't pay real money for entrance to SNAIL, some patience is in order.

give it 24-48, but pretty safe to say D1
congrats BTW

Hogn is being fairly generous with his time values. While JLBowler is usually very efficient with notifications to incoming drivers, it is entirely possible that you won't know for certain what your division placement is until late Saturday/before noon or so on Sunday. JL does have one of those despicable day jobs and when he's not active in his local community, doing a bunch of different things, he wears several hats for SNAIL, only one of which is processing incoming drivers. So, bear with us while the business end of SNAIL is being worked. Thanks.

Sorry, I must have neglected to use the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags.

I think I saw a drip or 2 from those tags dabney. ;)

Hey guys, I've been using the behind the car view since Gran Turismo 2 and I feel like it's limiting me. Am I wrong in thinking that most of you fast snails use the hood view or the one where you only see gauges? Which view would you guys recommend I use? I think the hood view would be easier for me to get used to but I'm concerned about being able to see the other cars around me as I'm used to being able to see a wide area around my car.

Hey guys, I've been using the behind the car view since Gran Turismo 2 and I feel like it's limiting me. Am I wrong in thinking that most of you fast snails use the hood view or the one where you only see gauges? Which view would you guys recommend I use? I think the hood view would be easier for me to get used to but I'm concerned about being able to see the other cars around me as I'm used to being able to see a wide area around my car.
I use the hood/roof view and tends to give me the feel of being in the car. But also I can see the sides of my car too

I'm not that fast but I use the 3rd person/behind the car view. For me, when racing online, it allows me to see other cars around me and I'm able to hit my brake points a little better. It also allows me to see further up track in the event something is going on ahead of me and gives me time to try and avoid it.

The only thing I hate about it is that when someone is directly behind me, I can not hear my car at all.

I use the hood view and put the indicators for awareness on, I also use the directional buttons to look around me all the time just in case someone is closing fast and have to defend a position

I use the hood view and put the indicators for awareness on, I also use the directional buttons to look around me all the time just in case someone is closing fast and have to defend a position
Haha we basically do the same exact thing. Only difference is I am slow as (insert word here):)

I think what dabney may be trying to point out there was, SNAIL operates with an all volunteer work force. Almost everyone in that workforce has a "day job". While your expectation might not be completely unreasonable, since you didn't pay real money for entrance to SNAIL, some patience is in order.

Hogn is being fairly generous with his time values. While JLBowler is usually very efficient with notifications to incoming drivers, it is entirely possible that you won't know for certain what your division placement is until late Saturday/before noon or so on Sunday. JL does have one of those despicable day jobs and when he's not active in his local community, doing a bunch of different things, he wears several hats for SNAIL, only one of which is processing incoming drivers. So, bear with us while the business end of SNAIL is being worked. Thanks.

I think I saw a drip or 2 from those tags dabney. ;)
I am sorry I wasn't trying to rush anything and I was also unaware about contributing money. I was just curious as to how long it took to get put into a division. I apologize if I came off the wrong way. Thanks.

I am sorry I wasn't trying to rush anything and I was also unaware about contributing money. I was just curious as to how long it took to get put into a division. I apologize if I came off the wrong way. Thanks.

Just to be clear, no one pays to get into SNAIL.

Maybe some verbiage in the welcome message like, "You'll be placed in a division and notified of that placement when someone gets around to it. It will be before Sunday night's races."

i use bumper and occasionally cockpit cam
it stuck with me from my lfss2 days because there in some leagues
it was possible to enforce cockpit view for everybody

i filled out my survey yesterday and did my qualifying last night. How long will it take to hear back from someone about what Division I will be in?

Don't worry about asking. You're not the first new driver to ask and you won't be the last. Honestly, I would rather have a new driver asking questions about when they will get placed as opposed to the new driver that runs the time trial and then never bothers to race.

Some have attempted to answer the question about when you will find out your division. I can tell you that I like to do the placements in batches of three to five and only have to do it a couple of times a week. I usually do placement on Tuesday for anyone that submitted information between late Saturday night and the time on Tuesday I am placing drivers. I will usually do another batch on Thursday depending on numbers of unplaced time drivers. The last group is done late Saturday night or Sunday morning for those that just beat the deadline.

Unless you embrace the old axiom "time is money", no one pays anything to race in SNAIL. If you do embrace that old axiom and want to contribute, grab a shovel, jump in the ditch with the others moving the mud, and consider yourself a paying member. I don't think we've ever done a metric study of how many manhours it takes to get ready for one Sunday, but I'd guesstimate it around 150+- total. @zer05ive may have some harder numbers for this than I'm going with.

Don't worry about asking. You're not the first new driver to ask and you won't be the last. Honestly, I would rather have a new driver asking questions about when they will get placed as opposed to the new driver that runs the time trial and then never bothers to race.

Some have attempted to answer the question about when you will find out your division. I can tell you that I like to do the placements in batches of three to five and only have to do it a couple of times a week. I usually do placement on Tuesday for anyone that submitted information between late Saturday night and the time on Tuesday I am placing drivers. I will usually do another batch on Thursday depending on numbers of unplaced time drivers. The last group is done late Saturday night or Sunday morning for those that just beat the deadline.
Thank you for your help. Thank you to every one that puts this together.

I'm not that fast but I use the 3rd person/behind the car view. For me, when racing online, it allows me to see other cars around me and I'm able to hit my brake points a little better. It also allows me to see further up track in the event something is going on ahead of me and gives me time to try and avoid it.

The only thing I hate about it is that when someone is directly behind me, I can not hear my car at all.
Oh that is why I can't hear my car! LOL I keep missing my shift points because I cant hear my engine.

I use chase Cam :) works great for me!

Nicktune said
Tommykaira ZZII '00 / Apricot Hill Raceway Reverse.
Kgffy said
Morrison corvette'60 at Mazda laguna seca
Neovre said
My pick is: Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640-4 Super Veloce '09 at Silverstone Grand Prix.

The more fun and challenging track would be Mount Panorama.
@LLOYDZELITE69 Those are your combos to choose from. You have until 11 PM ET tonight to make a decision.

Looking forward to 'the Decision' that you shall announce soon. :cheers:

Nicktune said
Tommykaira ZZII '00 / Apricot Hill Raceway Reverse.
Kgffy said
Morrison corvette'60 at Mazda laguna seca
Neovre said
My pick is: Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640-4 Super Veloce '09 at Silverstone Grand Prix.

The more fun and challenging track would be Mount Panorama.
@LLOYDZELITE69 Those are your combos to choose from. You have until 11 PM ET tonight to make a decision.

Looking forward to 'the Decision' that you shall announce soon. :cheers:
Hint, never did apricot hill in reverse!
Ask @Schmiggz I'm not to comfortable on Laguna!
Silverstone is challenging.

Personally, I'm tired of Silverstone at the Moment.

The ZZII looks interesting. The Corvette '60 just looks like corkscrew carnage incarnate to me...
The Lamborghini is great if you like pitching it in then power sliding through a corner.
The zzII is AWSOME and the track in reverse is something to "learn"
Laguna is just SOOOO! Easy for me, in June I took pole, and both races, clean sweep!

Personally, I'm tired of Silverstone at the Moment.

The ZZII looks interesting. The Corvette '60 just looks like corkscrew carnage incarnate to me...
I was gonna suggest Spa in place of Silverstone but I am probably even tired of Spa than you with Silverstone and that is why I picked Silverstone. The car is tricky through the esses but if you want too racing it has to be on a wide track. Unless everyone feels comfortable with committed dive bomb braking at Mount Panorama or else you will just either form a parade or end up in a heap with this car.

Back