◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO SUPERVELOCE @ SILVERSTONE GRAND PRIX CIRCUIT FIRST TRAINING SESSION IMPRESSIONS:

Did you guys ever seen a Murcielago on a race track? Me either! :D
OK, rule nr.1, don't look at this car as a AWD but as its MR essence.
The car is beautiful and the "super veloce" tag fits perfectly.... On a long straight as when you start cornering it that's when your problems begin. It understeers badly, oversteers often, doesn't turn and doesn't break so it has to be driven as smoothly as possible so forget everything you learn about agressivity or sharp driving. Break waaaaay earlier than you would do with any other car using MR cars breaking technics, steer very gently and pay special attention at the whole back section of the track, specially those fast sss before the long straight.
While practicing, I couldn't stop thinking about the Snailers that complained about the GT-R :lol::lol::lol:

just tell me the hp and laps/minutes and were good to go

242vjgw.jpg
Awesome banner! The lineup post has been updated. :)

I'll edit future results posts so that prize winners are required to provide the post-oil change PP and HP. Hopefully, that will reduce the number of banner edits needed. 👍

Awesome banner! The lineup post has been updated. :)

I'll edit future results posts so that prize winners are required to provide the post-oil change PP and HP. Hopefully, that will reduce the number of banner edits needed. 👍

that would be great, i can figure out the PP by myself
but on my game its called KW and LP
LP is the same as PP and KW needs to be converted into HP
so it would be nice if i can see the info right away and just put it into the banner when its provided

that would be great, i can figure out the PP by myself
but on my game its called KW and LP
LP is the same as PP and KW needs to be converted into HP
so it would be nice if i can see the info right away and just put it into the banner when its provided
Yes, you can figure out by yourself, but it's better when the workload is spread among all of us. Since the prize winners should be testing their picks anyways, they should very easily be able to provide the PP and HP for their own picks. 👍

Really? Just brake early, drive chill and it is a dream to drive. IF you try to drive it hard YOU WILL HAVE A BAD TIME.

Please, stand in front of a mirror and look at who you are!
You/I and many more can drive just about any car on any track!, that did not happen over night.

Think "TOTAL PICTURE", it's taken me two years and I still haven't the mastery you have, yea I/we can do it, so shall we selfishly choose a track that challenges our own ability as opposed to something you/I/we may have enjoyed in the past and you/I/we learned on!

When a tack is chosen that is too challenging for a new comer it inevitable that come Monday, a lot of negativity about either the car or track will come out!

As a league, that's not conducive to an enjoyable learning experience to attempt the next challenge and progress.

Whoa! Did that all just come out of me?

Eh, such is the prize selection process. When the lower divisions get to choose, the upper divisions usually think it's too easy. When the upper divisions choose, the lower divisions usually think it's too hard. The guys in the middle rarely get to choose because the competition is so close, the winner rarely scores enough points to get a prize.

That's why we get to vote off what we don't like. You would think those that get to choose would start to take notice of what gets voted off quickly and try and stay away from that type of combo but, when you get right down to it, they won so they can pick whatever they want to. They can choose to pick something that only they may like or they can try to come up with something that everybody may like. I ask, which one is easier to decide upon? That's the one that will get picked most of the time.

If anyone is having trouble with the expert challenge in the new seasonal events, i used the Toyota Minolta 88C-V '89. I use a controller and the settings i used were No traction control, ABS 1, Skid Recovery Force On and Controller Sensitivity set at 0. Got to 1st place on the final lap right before the final turns before the finish line. It goes up to 951 HP after oil change.

D5 Entered into the results doc.

Fast Lap honors:

Round 1 Race 1 : @Fallen_log 1:23.437
Round 1 Race 2 : @Fallen_log 1:23.815

Round 2 Race 1 : @hognhominy 1:26.395
Round 2 Race 2 : @hognhominy 1:26.273

Round 3 Race 1 : @Fallen_log 1:48.280
Round 3 Race 2 : @Piler 1:48.972

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 :
@Fallen_log 11:17.960
Round 1 Race 2 :
@hognhominy 11:25.007

Round 2 Race 1 :
@hognhominy 11:44.762
Round 2 Race 2 :
@JJLopez427 11:54.386

Round 3 Race 1 :
@Fallen_log 11:00.323
Round 3 Race 2 :
@DigiImprov 11:07.779

Last edited:
I will give the Lambo a shot, I will like it or vote against it.

Doesn't sound like fun yet, at least based on what others have said.

Some Prize A combos come out and I look forward to the fun or 'balanced challenge' of a combo. Other times, I loathe them unabashedly. I am going to look for my challenge (after reviewing last week's IRs this am).

The Lambo is difficult to drive, but the track does seem to favor the way the car drives better than some tracks I've driven. Early braking is key to keeping the car on the road here.

Eh, such is the prize selection process. When the lower divisions get to choose, the upper divisions usually think it's too easy. When the upper divisions choose, the lower divisions usually think it's too hard.

But the magic thing is that on the "easy choices" there will be upper divisions people losing those races and on the "too hard choices" there will be lower division people winning those races.

I drove it for a few laps last night, it's not bad at all. JUST BRAKE EARLY!!! it does have great traction coming out of the corners, so you can get on the gas sooner than you think.
Agree. Key is not to try and slow down while turning.... backside becomes the front side. Aim for the apex and break hard in a straight line, then keep forward momentum in the turn. (I think @TEX36 is going to do well with his carting skills here). If you have oversteer, just lift the gas ever so slightly and it turns in. You can power out fairly early and it is fairly easy to control the slide if you were under control coming into the corner. It's going to be a hard one, but once you approach it patiently you will have satisfaction if you score some good points. Then again, doing all this with 10-12 other screamin Bulls around you - who knows, eh?

Results Summary for D6 - 7/20/14

Pole Lap Honors:

Round 1 (RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 @ Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course): @McTrucker - 1:24.796
Round 2 (BMW M4 Coupe @ Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward): @McTrucker - 1.28.032
Round 3 (GTR-GT500 Base Model '08 @ Grand Valley Speedway): @McTrucker - 1:49.790

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Jayc2k-1:24.928
Round 1 Race 2 : @McTrucker 1:24.812

Round 2 Race 1 : @Jayc2k-1:27.467
Round 2 Race 2 : @McTrucker-1:27.215

Round 3 Race 1 : @aerolite-1:50.470
Round 3 Race 2 : @SHOCKY_WELL 1:50.040

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Jayc2k- 11:34.980
Round 1 Race 2 : @McTrucker-11:40.496

Round 2 Race 1 : @McTrucker-11:50.516
Round 2 Race 2 : @jamilla-11:57.348

Round 3 Race 1 : @Jayc2k-11:19.600
Round 3 Race 2 : @SHOCKY_WELL-11:09.602

Congratulations to Jayc2k on the overall night win.

I just ran a few laps in the Murc, and I have to say that albiet a challenge, that Bull is a blast to drive and rewarding if tamed. I only had time for about 12 laps, but I did find gear selection, especially on the downshift and the timing of when to downshift made a huge difference in stability when off off throttle or under braking. I wish I could spend more time with this combo, but I'm going away this weekend and won't be able to make the Sunday races. I hope that this combo will stick around to get a shot at it. Anyway, good luck to everyone racing this Sunday.

For D4 - I am reluctant to be the primary Host this weekend after last week's connection issues. I ran in Tex's Kart room on Tuesday with no problems, but couldn't enter the DTC room, could hear talking/talk back to them, but never entered the room successfully.

When I had my disconnects, all but one were when I was adjusting room/car settings, not in lobby or on track on Sunday.

I don't mind Directing, or Scoring, or Replays, assuming I am there all the races, but I don't want to mess everyone else by (mis)hosting, aka "disco-fever."

I will be racing this weekend - 7/27
I will be gone the weekend of 8/3.
I will return to my regularly scheduled racing on 8/10

For D4 - I am reluctant to be the primary Host this weekend after last week's connection issues. I ran in Tex's Kart room on Tuesday with no problems, but couldn't enter the DTC room, could hear talking/talk back to them, but never entered the room successfully.

When I had my disconnects, all but one were when I was adjusting room/car settings, not in lobby or on track on Sunday.

I don't mind Directing, or Scoring, or Replays, assuming I am there all the races, but I don't want to mess everyone else by (mis)hosting, aka "disco-fever."

I will be racing this weekend - 7/27
I will be gone the weekend of 8/3.
I will return to my regularly scheduled racing on 8/10
I can always host if needed

Back