◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,670 comments
The combos that bred very close battle for other divisions turned out to be a chaos for D1, we should all have been more patient in the regarding races but at the same time we don't need 2 combos of the similar attribution... It was just too frustrating a night that I have to vent a bit.

I know the Lambo was too much a handful for other divisions but either way I hope the new prize A combo this week won't be another high downforce, easy to throttle and brake car. We somehow have 2 combos with 2 SuperGT silhouette cars. The Silhouette cars are the worst in terms of that.

I'd say the lambo was the best combo, as overtaknig actually was possible there, the others where a complete chaos, accidents all over the place, and I was even involved in one of them:indiff:

Really rough night for everyone, even my pedal wrecked me it was that rough LOL the first couple laps is just a made scramble for position it's crazy!

The combos that bred very close battle for other divisions turned out to be a chaos for D1, we should all have been more patient in the regarding races but at the same time we don't need 2 combos of the similar attribution... It was just too frustrating a night that I have to vent a bit.

I know the Lambo was too much a handful for other divisions but either way I hope the new prize A combo this week won't be another high downforce, easy to throttle and brake car. We somehow have 2 combos with 2 SuperGT silhouette cars. The Silhouette cars are the worst in terms of that.

Just to add, it wasn't just the cars. D1 had a perfect storm of a big field, lots of new faces, and lag like I've never seen in snail races before, it was pretty messy.

We're other divs getting lots of lag? It wasn't just a handful of people, everyone in the room it seemed complained of lag events at one time or another.

Really rough night for everyone, even my pedal wrecked me it was that rough LOL the first couple laps is just a made scramble for position it's crazy!
That's really how they race in DTM these days but it leaves a sour taste in the drivers' mouth a lot of times.. and many many euros flying off the cars..

No lag in D5. Only problem we had before the first race was a couple drivers couldn't see all on the track before i started the first race. I started a new room to see if it would correct the problem. After first race started, it went good the rest of the night.

I jst want to say I really enjoy racing with u guys in div1 even it might not seem like it when I type in chat box in rm, Im learning some skills racing with u guys but also I keep making mistakes reverse grid races because I know I'm slowing u guys up, slower guys need to be respected too, one thing I'm learning is u guys race more aggressive then other divisions So I'm starting to be more aggressive too, but I can't jst can't let ppl pass because I won't learn nothing, Srry for my mistakes with Lamborghini combo, another thing we all should practice is if we get raced dirty, hard, etc etc is not to take are frustration on another driver during that race.

I jst want to say I really enjoy racing with u guys in div1 even it might not seem like it when I type in chat box in rm, Im learning some skills racing with u guys but also I keep making mistakes reverse grid races because I know I'm slowing u guys up, slower guys need to be respected too, one thing I'm learning is u guys race more aggressive then other divisions So I'm starting to be more aggressive too, but I can't jst can't let ppl pass because I won't learn nothing, Srry for my mistakes with Lamborghini combo, another thing we all should practice is if we get raced dirty, hard, etc etc is not to take are frustration on another driver during that race.
Just be patient when you have a car like the Lambo that is high speed and has not-so-good brakes. Most of the time, the smallest difference in timing your braking point will be amplified, I saw you coming and made room to avoid you t-boning me, which was fine until you top it off with the unsafe re-entry that agitated me.

At the same time that braking characteristic can also be used as a very effective weapon to take the inside line from someone by braking a hundredth of a second later because the defender is still at threshold braking when you sneak up along side him, he will be unable to alter his line and you'll snatch his apex. It may seem like a divebomb but it's fair play at this level. timing is key here.
Anyway it's cool man, you are fully aware of the mistakes, both yours and ours and you're improving by the race. Looking forward to more fun racing with you in the future.

I have a couple questions about off track. If it is safer to remain on the gas to maintain race pace than let off and have a possiblitity of spinning in front of the field, is it the right thing to do? And If you fall off track due to lack of visability, then lift as you cross grass, but continue at a safe pace until you could enter right between cars, but the rear car doesn't need to lift because you went off the race line to give room, could you be penalised for these if no advantage is gained?

Participated in my first league race in Div 2...had a blast, lots of good drivers and racing, seemed like me and nmcp1 were pretty much battling it out all night...great experience, stewards did a excellent job keeping the races flowing, thank you everyone in Div 2.

I have a couple questions about off track. If it is safer to remain on the gas to maintain race pace than let off and have a possiblitity of spinning in front of the field, is it the right thing to do? And If you fall off track due to lack of visability, then lift as you cross grass, but continue at a safe pace until you could enter right between cars, but the rear car doesn't need to lift because you went off the race line to give room, could you be penalised for these if no advantage is gained?

If you go off the track, it is your job to reenter safely, regardless of how or why you left the track:

* Quickly return to racing surface (not hundreds of yards of full throttle, grasschewing, Dukes of Hazzard stuff)

* As you return to racing surface, it is YOUR job to ensure no other racer has to reduce speed or come off the racing line. This is a dangerous situation, it is a six point penalty.

* Does not matter how or why you left the racing surface, it is that driver's job to return to track once he has control.

It isn't fun no matter the cause, I went from first to next to last in the final combo because the pack was still pretty tight and it was not safe to slide in yet.

Yes! All votes and scores have been entered. @JLBowler @Dragonwhisky

Last edited:
Would someone keep checking the results document for me. If google doesn't get the thing back online by the time I get home from work today I will probably see if we have a backup copy I can use to restore it.

Back