Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Race of Champions

Racing is underway!

Starting Grid:

1- SHOCKY_WELLHELL
    2- JakeDog23
    3- euclid58
    4- imjimeez44
    5- turnupdaheat
    6- Sand__68
    7- Unleashed159
    8- nmcp1
    9- Nic-KL

Combo 1: RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 at Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course

@Jakedog23 is still leading after the first two laps, with @Nicktune moving from 9th to 3rd on the 3rd lap.

@turnupdaheat is putting up a fight to keep @Nicktune behind him, but @Nicktune makes it past with @socalnatv following passed as well.

It takes nearly 7 minutes, but @Nicktune makes his way to the lead. @Jakedog23 has a 2 second lead over @socalnatv in 3rd. It's very close for the next 3 spots as well.

After 11 minutes of 20, @Nicktune has extended to a 5 second lead over @Jakedog23 with @socalnatv another 1.5 seconds back of second. @GTP_unleashed is giving @socalnatv all the pressure he can handle too.

With 5 minutes remaining, @Nicktune has a 7.7 second lead. But the battle for 2-3-4 is very tight between @Jakedog23 @socalnatv and @GTP_unleashed. @jimeez is all alone in 5th and @nmcp1 just moved into 6th past @euclid58, after having an early mishap. He's closing on 5th.

With 1 minute left in racing, no positional changes have happened, but @socalnatv has closed the gap to @Jakedog23.

Finishing Order:
    1- @Nicktune ------ best lap 1:22.259
    2- @Jakedog23
    3- @socalnatv
    4- @GTP_unleashed
    5- @jimeez
    6- @euclid58
    7- @turnupdaheat
    8- @SHOCKY_WELL
    9- @nmcp1 (disco'd just as the checked flag was waving - was in 6th)

Combo 2: BMW M4 Coupe at Apricot Hill Raceway (Reverse Grid)

Race 2 is underway and @nmcp1 has the early lead, followed by @SHOCKY_WELL and @turnupdaheat.

On lap 2, @turnupdaheat moves into 2nd with @socalnatv and @euclid58 moving into 3rd and 4th, respectively. @Jakedog23 sits in 5th with @Nicktune in 6th.

After 4 laps / 6 minutes, the top 5 are separated by less than 3 seconds.

At the halfway point, @nmcp1 has a 1 second lead over @socalnatv with @Nicktune closing fast in 3rd. @turnupdaheat and @euclid58 round out the top 5.

At the 13 minute mark, tire wear is beginning to have an effect. Every driver has at least two tires in the 8's.

At 14 minutes, @Nicktune is all over @nmcp1 and makes a brilliant pass in the last turn. @turnupdaheat and @euclid58 are in a close battle for the final podium spot.

With 3 minutes remaining, @nmcp1 is not letting @Nicktune get away without a fight. They have over an 8 second lead on the battle for 3rd.

Two minutes to go and @jimeez is getting close to the mix for a podium spot. I'm not sure he'll have time to catch them, but he's making a great run at it.

@nmcp1 pressed a little hard and went wide into turn 1, with just less than 1 lap to go. Fortunately, he's still in a safe place for 2nd.

Finishing Order:
    1- @Nicktune ------- best lap 1:25.827
    2- @nmcp1
    3- @turnupdaheat
    4- @euclid58
    5- @jimeez
    6- @GTP_unleashed
    7- @socalnatv
    8- @Jakedog23
    9- @SHOCKY_WELL

Combo 3: GT-R GT500 Base Model '08 at Grand Valley Speedway (Reverse Grid)

Scoring is very tight after 2 races. @Nicktune has 64 points, while @Jakedog23 @euclid58 @turnupdaheat @jimeez @socalnatv @GTP_unleashed all have 48 points.

The final race of the night is underway and @socalnatv has the early lead after 1 lap with @GTP_unleashed and @Jakedog23 in 2nd and 3rd, respectively. @nmcp1 and @Nicktune are in 4th and 5th with @SHOCKY_WELL in 6th, @euclid58 in 7th, @turnupdaheat in 8th and @jimeez in 9th.

With 9 minutes done, @socalnatv leads @Nicktune by just under 2 seconds with @GTP_unleashed about a half second back of him. @nmcp1 sits in 4th with @Jakedog23 currently in 5th, but @euclid58 is closing the gap.

It took just over 13 minutes (7 laps), but @Nicktune is now leading after a clean pass on @socalnatv.

Places 2, 3 and 4 are fairly evenly spaced (about 1 second between each) with 5 minutes to go. There is a good battle for 5th between @Jakedog23 and @euclid58 going on.

With under 1 minute to go, it's @Nicktune with a sizeable lead over @socalnatv who is in a tight battle with @nmcp1. @GTP_unleashed is in 4th with a good view of it. @Jakedog23 and @euclid58 are still in a tight battle.

Finishing Order:
    1- @Nicktune -------- best lap 1:46.584
    2- @socalnatv
    3- @GTP_unleashed
    4- @nmcp1 (a near heroic pass turned into a brush with the wall and he gave up a spot)
    5- @Jakedog23
    6- @euclid58
    7- @jimeez
    8- @turnupdaheat
    9- @SHOCKY_WELL

Overall a lot of great, close racing! Final scores coming soon.

RoC Results Doc

Final Scores:

1- @Nicktune --------- 96
    2- @socalnatv -------- 78
    3- @GTP_unleashed --- 76
    4- @Jakedog23 -------- 72
    4- @nmcp1 ------------ 72
    6- @euclid58 ---------- 70
    7- @jimeez ------------ 68
    8- @turnupdaheat ----- 66
    9- @SHOCKY_WELL ---- 50

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

As I stated, I was not sure if I was going to make it home in time and I didn't. Hope I didn't hold you guys up

KTR5 likes this.
  3. chatva

chatva (Banned)

@socalnatv Congrats! On your championship!
    Way to go dude.

socalnatv likes this.
  4. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Hooray for having the next two days off! And an avatar change!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  5. nmcp1

nmcp1

Awesome play by play @KTR5 ! That was a blast and I hope that I can be a part of that again someday! Congrats @Nicktune !

KTR5, socalnatv, Nail-27 and 3 others like this.
  6. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

To everyone that has submitted a time trial and not gotten a welcome message. Our divisional structure is very fluid right now. I'm trying to get all the divisions set up for the new season and add a 7th division for this season. There is a lot of work to do and data to study when moving drivers around. I had hoped to have this finished today but repeated power outages yesterday and some unexpected issues to deal with today have put me a little behind schedule. I will get the process finished tomorrow (Saturday) and get all the welcome messages out asap.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

7. TBongX

TBongX

8. TBongX

TBongX

This is TBongX, I need an invite. I have chosen #75. Where can I go to see people's colors, so I can choose a color?

chatva likes this.
  9. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I have no idea how you find the time to do all the work it takes to organize P and R for the season along with all the division placement. Thanks JL for all your time and work.

I'll take you to our leader....:nervous:

zer05ive, Neovre and RobbiefromBC like this.
  10. hognhominy

hognhominy

@nmcp1 will be along later today, he will give you an introductory post with all of the relevant instructions to join the league, including the method to select a number and color combination.

It is generally a better idea to wait until after you have completed the the prerequisites and are assigned to a division, as this will allow you have a unique combination in your division.

@JLBowler
    rosetteSnail[1].jpg

11. nmcp1

nmcp1

@TBongX

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive and chatva like this.
  12. Neovre

Neovre

TEX36, zer05ive and Ayhancan1998 like this.
  13. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

I already have a number and color. I use the cool blue from the Jaguar (French Racing Blue) and #42. Because Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

14. chevron

chevron

Thanks JL! Sounds like a lot of work...

zer05ive likes this.
  15. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

I'm gonna get my TT in today, it's my last chance.

16. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Usually, after someone is admitted to the League, and assigned a Division ....... it is THEN that the new driver will check with the Registered colors and racing number to see if it is available. Not prior to joining - Be patient. All is well, just don't get ahead of the process. And .......... Welcome to SNAIL - look forward to seeing you on the tracks

euclid58 and hognhominy like this.
  17. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

Just a reminder that once you are assigned to a division that those number and or color is not being used by someone else in that division as they will have priority.

Edit - Ninja'd by Tex

18. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

19. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Does anyone have some lap times from the following combos for tomorrow?

RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 (Race Hard tires)
    Fuji Speedway F (8 laps)

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 (Sport Soft tires)
    Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow

20. Ayhancan1998

Ayhancan1998

tonight have any practice?

21. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

Aliens - 1:17s
    Alien/Human offsprings - 1:18s
    Humans - 1:19s

22. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

Ran a few laps with some of the D1 guys last night with the Corvette. My PB was 1:19.4. They were running low 1:18's. I guess that means Lloydz will run a 57 sec LOL!

Key to a podium finish with the Corvette..... stay on the track and wait for everyone else to fall off :cheers:

23. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

With the recent influx of new drivers, please make sure your information is up-to-date in the color and number chart. There is a link in my signature as well in the post I've replied to above.

In addition, if you're now in a different division and it's wrong in the chart, either submit a new form (easiest) or send me a PM to make the adjustment (harder).

Thanks!

hognhominy likes this.
  24. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Starting to feel slightly human again but want to avoid doing any real work around the house for another hour or so. Anyone got a room open yet?

25. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

Vette: 1:16.9
    GTR: 1:56.4
    RX7: 1:41.8

Dragonwhisky likes this.
  26. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

I'll be on in about 15mins. Ish

Oshawa-Joe likes this.
  27. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

Sorry I forgot a category:

Alien to Aliens - 1:16s

SHOCKY_WELL and LLOYDZELITE69 like this.
  28. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Wow. I'm still 15th in the F1 TT. Hopefully I can stay in top 50.

Room open.
    1472-6681-3415-7080-5319

29. Neovre

Neovre

Anyone watching WTCC qualifying?

30. Piler

Piler

Looks like I'm going to have to miss tomorrow's races.