◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Tonight on four or five occasions while down shifting from fifth to second with the paddles on my G27 it appeared to do something bizarre. All engine sound vanished and Deceleration seemed to halt...as if I had selected neutral...most disconcerting when you are expecting to slow down :eek:. It may be as simple as...how do you select neutral with a g27 using the paddles...can one inadvertently select neutral while down shifting (even if I didn't mean to....since I don't know how to :dunce: ) Or have I broken the damn thing already.

Tonight on four or five occasions while down shifting from fifth to second with the paddles on my G27 it appeared to do something bizarre. All engine sound vanished and Deceleration seemed to halt...as if I had selected neutral...most disconcerting when you are expecting to slow down :eek:. It may be as simple as...how do you select neutral with a g27 using the paddles...can one inadvertently select neutral while down shifting (even if I didn't mean to....since I don't know how to :dunce: ) Or have I broken the damn thing already.

u can accidently hit clutch under braking, if stick is in neutral it will go in neutral
happened alot to me when i first got my g25
also if you leave stick in reverse and you accidently hit clutch it will go in reverse, i sometime do it on purpose just for fun hahahah at 320kph hit reverse

D2 replays are up. I'm hitting the rack. Gonna be a short nap before work later this morning.

Really a great night racing in D4 we spoke before racing begun and I believe we all agreed to immolate what D3 is doing, meaning;

So, you plan to burn what D3 is doing? :dopey: :rolleyes::sly:

Thought that I would have time to get in D4 but it wouldn't let me in 8 min before 9:30

Warden, u hosting? Thought it was TEX36? Does that mean I'll have to miss another night of racing???
I'm sorry you guys couldn't get in, along with NOVA. We discussed this in the divisional conversation during the week - three times I indicated I would be the new host and two of those posts also called out the SNAIL requirement to friend-up your host well in advance. 8:45 PM is the deadline, though had any of you sent one by 9 I would have backed out to accept it.

The issue has to do with the room host becoming your friend after their room has been created. It does not matter if you have other friends in the room, it is the host's current friend status that drives this.

I'm sorry you guys couldn't get in, along with NOVA. We discussed this in the divisional conversation during the week - three times I indicated I would be the new host and two of those posts also called out the SNAIL requirement to friend-up your host well in advance. 8:45 PM is the deadline, though had any of you sent one by 9 I would have backed out to accept it.

The issue has to do with the room host becoming your friend after their room has been created. It does not matter if you have other friends in the room, it is the host's current friend status that drives this.
No worries Warden. I unfortunately never recieved the D4 conversation/reminder earlier in the week to know the change. Anyhow, it was on me to have a friend request in to you. Hope the racing was good. Catch you guys next week.

No worries Warden. I unfortunately never recieved the D4 conversation/reminder earlier in the week to know the change. Anyhow, it was on me to have a friend request in to you. Hope the racing was good. Catch you guys next week.

This is my fault. When I created the conversation I couldn't figure out how your name was and it wouldn't let me add it in any variation I tried.

I really love seeing 3 diffrent flags on the podiums ... i wish more nations could run with the league altho i know its rather hard to arrange due to timezones.

2014-08-11 16.16.42.jpg

This is my fault. When I created the conversation I couldn't figure out how your name was and it wouldn't let me add it in any variation I tried.
No problem Coach. Half the time I can't remember if they are lower L's or upper I's...lol. I believe for GTP ID they are lower case L's and PSN, it's upper case I's. Anyway, I did just get the message for being added to the D4 conversation thread. Thanks for getting it squared away and all the time you invest with SNAIL.

I really love seeing 3 diffrent flags on the podiums ... i wish more nations could run with the league altho i know its rather hard to arrange due to timezones.

View attachment 202456
Time zones aren't the only issue with having more international flavor in our grids. The most glaring other issue is network latency across those ponds.

Rough D2 Race Report

For the first time I can remember, in any division I've raced in with SNAIL, we posted 16 drivers on the grid. It was with mixed feelings that some of us participated last night. The grid size was awesome. The hazards of network issues however, served to justify the negative side of those feelings. We fielded 16 drivers for the first 4 races. There were some lag events that ruined some drivers races and 1 or 2 disconnects. In race 5 it was "discussed" a bit and 5 drivers left to reset PS3s, routers and switches. It was also decided to run with mics turned off for the remainder of the night. Almost everyone made it back for race 5, albeit a couple were to late to get in on qualifying, so had to sit out that race. It was getting late by the time race 6 was about to start and we lost a few more drivers to fatigue and/or responsible sleeping habits. We did manage to put 10, (maybe 11 or 12, don't rightly recall now) on the grid the last race, after settling on a course to cure certain drivers not being able to see others. We persevered and got the night done about 45 minutes past our usual finishing time and overall, with the unprecendented number of drivers we fielded, the night went better than some of us expected, but worse than we'd hoped.

Thanks to @JoeW for hosting and the rest of the crew for sticking with it.

I don't know how I can express to everyone in SNAIL, new, old or future, the critical importance of ensuring your home network is as bulletproof as you can make it. Wired connections in favor of wireless. If your ping times and upload rates exceed some rough minimums, about 200ms or less on ping times and, I wouldn't play with less than 1Mbps upload, you may want to upgrade your service. If you experience modem desynchronization, (meaning your modem reboots of its own accord), you should be calling your ISP to determine why and get it fixed. Gran Turismo is not an FPS or MMO game with dedicated servers to connect to. The weakest link in the peer to peer network will cause issues, and the more connections it has to try and keep up with, the more exagerated the effects will be. All that aside, there is absolutely nothing SNAIL can do about lag related incidents. When it happens to you, and it's not a matter of if, tuck your chin, get back on track and drive on.

It is also critical, if a driver can't see another, one or all of the drivers that can't, should not stay on the track. It is entirely unfair to the rest of the field, for one or two drivers, when it can be determined, to hold up the racing because they are to stubborn and selfish to call it a night. If the measures taken can't fix the issue in 5 minutes or less, your motor is blown or your chassis is cracked, and you just ain't gonna get it fixed in time. Put that car on the trailer and bring it back next week, after you've repaired the damage. It is the epitomy of selfishness to remain on the track while not being able to see everyone, and not say so.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite. Lol
I tend to mess myself up. Pushing too hard and such. C3-R2 last night I started on pole and got such an unbelievable start. I was way ahead going into turn 1. Then I went a little wide and spun doing a full 360. Stayed in 3rd and was actually making up time lap by lap, almost close enough to draft when I went wide again on the final turn exiting the chicane. I was turning in and everything, but must've had slightly too much throttle or didn't turn in at the right time to get the grip on the tires. Ruined myself.

Race 1 Lap 2. I fell off the track on the grass. You passed me. My car hit the ashphalt patch and swung back onto the track in reverse. B A M !!!

Dont you just love that? I done that a few times last night I was telling myself come Alien get it together man:banghead:, jokes aside very good racing you guys last night I wish I would have to able to start sooner in 3 when I left 5 but work wouldnt allow it.

Come on Mark get it together man :sly:

OK..I will

The problem lies more in my current internet connection from my phone. We're on vacation in the Outer Banks and the house we're renting doesn't have internet connection. However, we're able to "steal" the wifi from a neighbors house. It cuts out sometimes and when I posted, that was one of those times. I didn't know the post was sent, but I guess it was....3 times. Back to the beach.

I snuck in one final track session this morning in a rotax, 4 15min sessions.
This is my final session.. Well the first 5 minutes of it because GoPros like to run out of battery when you're putting up the best part of the show... The final lap in the video was a decent one with a 58.12 but I was doing a string of mid 57s after the GoPro went dead. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm on my phone, so I don't see post #s, but i think that means were now about 10 away...

So did anyone catch motogp this weekend? I'll make a brief video of the last few laps and post it later tonight for anyone interested in checking it out.

Also, that wreck at the glen yesterday was gnarly. Glad everyone walked away fine, including the guy manning the camera right in front of the first wall impact.

I'm on my phone, so I don't see post #s, but i think that means were now about 10 away...

So did anyone catch motogp this weekend? I'll make a brief video of the last few laps and post it later tonight for anyone interested in checking it out.

Also, that wreck at the glen yesterday was gnarly. Glad everyone walked away fine, including the guy manning the camera right in front of the first wall impact.

I recorded all three and watched them today, but the Moto3 race was the best I think.

Back