Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Jayc2k

Jayc2k

Ya we just finished, but will be practicing again later, I will keep you updated in the tread

2. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

@Jayc2k ...Nice triple post there bud!

[​IMG]

goofytyler and dangerzone641 like this.
  3. fizzer

fizzer

I would just like to say that after spending a weekend instructing in and pounding around an autocross course in F430s and Gallardos that my love affair with the Ferrari is completely warranted - would not mind seeing in pop up again in a spec combo ;)

Even though we were forced to do the demo drives in "rain" mode, it was absolutely the best street-legal car I've ever driven. It was like a miata with almost 500hp while still retaining a supernatural ability to point the front end exactly where you wanted it. It just dares you to take corners faster every lap and when you push it a little too hard it lets you know very politely.

The Gallardo in contrast is a brute that you fight all the way through the corner, but the mid range punch of that V-10 did induce some grins once you straightened it out.

I had never driven "supercars" before and while I can see what all the fuss is about, I'm still amazed that people pay over 200k for these things for any reason other than showing off. The performance and feel was certainly not something unattainable in a well built tuner car for 1/10th the price.

Inconspicuous, zer05ive and 88GTA like this.
  4. Jayc2k

Jayc2k

Hey its auto correct t I swear!

5. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

LOL!... If that happens just go back to your original post and use the edit button.

That will keep you safe from flying fish

goofytyler likes this.
  6. Jayc2k

Jayc2k

But if I triple post then I get entertaining gifs!

7. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

8. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Cape ring periphery loves it too:ptoo
    Lloyd, aren't you prize a winner?
    What happened to Azure Flare? Is he gone?
    Desert Penguin... :tup:

9. llNovall

llNovall

Just a suggestion for the Lotus. Any thought on taking it home to London city course.

Nail-27 likes this.
  10. Jayc2k

Jayc2k

I tried and didn't like it haha

And shmiggz, lloydz is not a winner

11. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

I don't wanna be known as the guy that's like someone else lol. I am my own person.

Also, you're welcome, those are the only GIFs I keep saved as reaction gifs. I'm gonna check out some tracks for the Lotus.

12. Jayc2k

Jayc2k

I already got it narrowed to 2 choices
    :tup:

13. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

If you were going to take it home Brands Hatch 80's might be a better option.

88GTA and Jakedog23 like this.
  14. noseknows36

noseknows36

I'm opening a room that's tuning prohibited where we can race various pp's and cars. Stop by if you'd like.

Room ID:

1472-4711-0167-3386-6450

Jayc2k likes this.
  15. Jayc2k

Jayc2k

Nah this lotus ain't lebron james! Haha

16. llNovall

llNovall

I was just thinking something different that could take advantage of the nimble nature of the Lotus. Brands Hatch is always a fun track.

turnupdaheat likes this.
  17. Cynthius

Cynthius

Hey guys would l love to join S.N.A.I.L. Racing. Thinking I'll be in one of the lower brackets lol! Hopefully Sunday works out more often than not, but seems you have other things going on throughout the week.

Didn't see next week's lineup posted so I'll wait it out for time trial.

zer05ive and CoachMK21 like this.
  18. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Apricot Hill Raceway is fun. Not too many places the car over-reacts to elevation changes or anything. Just the opening esses of course you need to watch throttle and brake. Otherwise it's a fun lap and is in the low 1:30s

19. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Cynthius

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive and Dragonwhisky like this.
  20. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

[​IMG]

21. Camcard

Camcard

I'm interested in joining. Love racing and I love meeting new racers.

Rockhound18, zer05ive and CoachMK21 like this.
  22. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Camcard

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive and Dragonwhisky like this.
  23. Cynthius

Cynthius

@nmcp1 - Thank you sir. Will get on the TT later today :)

Handlebar, zer05ive and nmcp1 like this.
  24. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Better on Brands Indy

alienracing likes this.
  25. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

for those using the gteye, did you guys also change the springs in the others pedals as well ie:
    GTEYE Brake Spring - Brake Pedal
    Original Brake Spring - Clutch Pedal
    Original Clutch Spring - Gas Pedal

????

Nail-27 likes this.
  26. aerolite

aerolite

D7 data inputted to results document.

27. Rednose58

Rednose58

I think the most drivable course for the Lotus is in the USA - Daytona Super Speedway - keep it in the high line!!

28. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Autumn Ring was actually easier than I thoguht it would be.

29. Jayc2k

Jayc2k

T
    I actually have that as 1 of the 2 choices lol

30. Rednose58

Rednose58

Are you interested to see which are the 12 most popular cars by weeks raced?

Here is it anyway....

Car Weeks Raced
    Lotus Elise Race Car '96 20weeks
    Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera 12weeks
    Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 10weeks
    Acura NSX LM Race Car '91 10weeks
    Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 8weeks
    Honda S2000 '06 7weeks
    Gran Turismo 350Z RS 7weeks
    Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 6weeks
    Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model '08 6weeks (including upcoming weekend)
    RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 6weeks
    Mazda RX-7 Touring Car 6weeks
    Chevrolet Corvette C7 Test Prototype 6weeks

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014