◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,697 comments
Are you interested to see which are the 12 most popular cars by weeks raced?

Here is it anyway....

Car Weeks Raced
Lotus Elise Race Car '96 20weeks
Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera 12weeks
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 10weeks
Acura NSX LM Race Car '91 10weeks
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 8weeks
Honda S2000 '06 7weeks
Gran Turismo 350Z RS 7weeks
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 6weeks
Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model '08 6weeks
RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 6weeks
Mazda RX-7 Touring Car 6weeks
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Test Prototype 6weeks
May we never see any of those cars again;)

Many great cars but lets find the next car to make that list instead of even thinking of using one of those again.

Remember we have nearly 1300 cars to choose from.

... and here is the 11 most popular tracks...

Track Most Popular Track
Suzuka Circuit 24weeks (including upcoming weekend)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 24weeks
Road Course - Daytona 19weeks
Nürburgring GP/F 19weeks
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 19weeks
Road Course - Indy 15weeks
Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse 13weeks
Tsukuba Circuit 12weeks
Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse 12weeks
Nürburgring GP/D 11weeks
Grand Valley Speedway 11weeks

May we never see any of those cars again;)

Many great cars but lets find the next car to make that list instead of even thinking of using one of those again.

Remember we have nearly 1300 cars to choose from.
but you forget many of us were not here and many who raced them are gone. this is a fluid society with a very few remaining as constants. So do not think that because a car was used for 20 weeks that we don't want see it again. Whatever happened to the race proposed for old Combos.

it looks like the D6 tab is missing for 10/08/2014
but you forget many of us were not here and many who raced them are gone. this is a fluid society with a very few remaining as constants. So do not think that because a car was used for 20 weeks that we don't want see it again. Whatever happened to the race proposed for old Combos.
i had suggested starting up a new series to race old combos a little while ago. if i can figure out a free night that coincides with my schedule i would be happy to still do it. let me see if there are any nights that work...

it looks like the D6 tab is missing for 10/08/2014

i had suggested starting up a new series to race old combos a little while ago. if i can figure out a free night that coincides with my schedule i would be happy to still do it. let me see if there are any nights that work...
Fixed. Google must have screwed up and moved the tab when I didn't want it to.

I like your thinking. Best of SNAIL events

I understand this argument (and I am not even racing so really have no say). However by your argument if someone joins the league and on the first week they are eligible and win prize A and choose a lineup that was run the previous month is that ok? Sure it is within the rules and their choice but kinda sucks for the others.

I have run most of those cars and they are all great. But there are so many cars that are equally good why not run them? I would bet most of the repeat cars have more to do with someone not actually taking the time to see if a car has been run before.

It is a balancing act to try and keep this many people happy. One of the reasons I started the DTC was I saw a trend in SNAIL of faster and faster cars and more often than not them being race cars. I wanted an outlet that allowed the normal cars to be used. When I started SNAIL that was one of the things that they stressed was using Normal Cars. Now SNAIL has moved on since then. But what I see is more repetition in the cars we use and car choices that are revolving more and more around racecars and not normal cars.

I end with this thought. If the answer to all questions is Miata and the statement Because Racecar is true. Then the only car for SNAIL is the Miata TC;)

Last edited:
I have a room open if anyone wants to join some random racing.

It's two classes. Red Bull X2014 Jr. and WSR F3. They are the two entry level formula cars and just such a damn fun pleasure to drive.

Hey guys, on recommendation from Aerolightflight I am asking to join the Snail spec series. Thanks.

@Mike Lobban

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

D2 Pics! It's been awhile so honk if you love pics!

We had a full grid for the first time I have ever seen. I didn't write down names so it's up to you to find yourself ;) I can't tag everyone and then get half of them wrong ;)
di_a7Ce8D85_Ascari_Full_Track.jpg

di_CbCfECA0_Ascari_Full_Track_1.jpg

di_C7C4e57F_Ascari_Full_Track_2.jpg

di_9DfbA8D5_Ascari_Full_Track_3.jpg

di_3Ca2CB18_Ascari_Full_Track_4.jpg

di_C10F30EC_Ascari_Full_Track_5.jpg

di_45Bccab0_Willow_Springs_International_Raceway_-_Big_Willow.jpg

di_8Ba1DE7b_Willow_Springs_International_Raceway_-_Big_Willow_1.jpg

di_45345537_Willow_Springs_International_Raceway_-_Big_Willow_3.jpg

di_A7EAeA4d_Willow_Springs_International_Raceway_-_Big_Willow_4.jpg

di_F63fB5A3_Willow_Springs_International_Raceway_-_Big_Willow_5.jpg

di_5A60CDFC_Willow_Springs_International_Raceway_-_Big_Willow_6.jpg

di_D9591c1E_Willow_Springs_International_Raceway_-_Big_Willow_7.jpg

di_Daea08ca_Suzuka_Circuit.jpg

di_DdBEeFea_Suzuka_Circuit_1.jpg

di_A7ee4585_Suzuka_Circuit_2.jpg

di_344cfF7d_Suzuka_Circuit_3.jpg

di_5e5630F6_Suzuka_Circuit_4.jpg
di_7c5dEbFC_Suzuka_Circuit_5.jpg

di_0AD493cE_Suzuka_Circuit_6.jpg

di_38De9207_Suzuka_Circuit_7.jpg

Unnecessary honking is frowned upon (Right D4?) :grumpy:

In a new tangent; I don't know if any of you mentioned it in the past or are aware of its existence, but for all of you analog stick ticklers out there without a wheel, I highly recommend finding an HKS PS3 controller.

It may be wired, but it basically has a 180* 'wheel' and analog 'pedals' in place of the left stick and X&[] buttons respectively:

I bought it when it came out as I was still rocking the DS3 and didn't have a stand for my GT wheel. It made a world of difference, literally from sweating for silver on the license tests to reasonable golds on all of them, albeit with a little getting used to...

They look to be gone from normal retail, but there's some on Ebay and the like... LINK TO MORE INFO

Pretty sure I only paid like $70 for it new a couple of years ago... Not really worth the $100 they want on Amazon...

Back