◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,781 comments
What exact settings do you want...IE what servers. BTW I did not DC...I was part of a mass internet homicide and chose not to return in case it was my fault. I have joined other rooms and raced since. It a server problem,
Just one on the other side of the country from you will do.

If it truly was a server issue, wouldn't it be hitting everyone and not just certain rooms? All I'm after is as much information as I can get.

well i was DCd when someone else left the room now i cant get back in, sucks because i was about to make up my points -____- i wish they would fix that glitch.

well i was DCd when someone else left the room now i cant get back in, sucks because i was about to make up my points -____- i wish they would fix that glitch.
We have a procedure in place for what to do if the host is dc'd from a friends only room to compensate for that glitch. It allow the host to not miss the rest of the night if they get dc'd.

This actually reminds me of an idea that I've had since the last big patch came out. And since this has been a day of bringing up new ideas, here goes mine..

We currently have seven divisions in the league. What if every division was assigned a specific car number base and typeface? That way every car in the division would be uniform (pretty pictures!) and look as if they were in the same racing league. Also, it would enable us to tell which division we were looking at just by looking at the numbers. For example:

Division 1 - Type E Base / Type A Typeface
Division 2 - Type D Base / Type B Typeface
Division 3 - Type C Base / Type C Typeface
Division 4 - Type B Base / Type D Typeface
Division 5 - Type A Base / Type A Typeface
Division 6 - Type A Base / Type B Typeface
Division 7 - Type A Base / Type C Typeface

The above list is just an example of what I'm talking about and is not what I am proposing necessarily. It's just to help get the idea across. If the idea gets any traction, we could really sit down and dissect what kinds of real life series use what kind of bases and typefaces so that we can use that as a gauge as to which division should get which design. I think the only obvious choice is that D1 gets the Type E base (the one that says "Gran Turismo" at the top) since many of them will be driving cars that look like that at Silverstone in a few weeks. Thoughts?

I dug for this, but all my cars are running this setup for my Division. I personally like the idea for multi-division events, such as practice or the Enduros or racecars.

D1 vote.

martin20az--3
LLOYDZ_ELITE69 --2
Nic-KL--1
QwietStorm03--2
dgafaboutany1420--3
Kgffy28 --3
beatin_the_odds --2
PTslopoke--1
sprintr64--1
Bryds--2
kotobin--1
dangerzone641--3

edit: added danger's vote.

Last edited:
Great racing from D1, managed 2 wins from the corvette and overall it was a fun night with a bigger crowd than last week by far. Really wish I could've finished the night, but I had long time guests who had their last night staying with us so I had to miss the last race :/

Can someone link me to the scorekeeping doc? And, if possible, give me access to enter D6 scoring? I don't believe I have privileges at this time - only access to replays and data/timing stuff.

@Dragonwhisky - thanks!
@CoachMK21

Edit - working scores now.

Last edited:
Division 6 race report
One hell of a night. Had 3 different room crashes due to GT6 servers. By the time we started, we had 10 people in the room. The number of people in the room went down as each race went on because of the server issues. Nail was present for the races. By the end of the last race, we ended up with just 4 left. Myself, TbongX, Shrumpracer and Euclid. I want to thank everyone for sticking with the division tonight even with all the server issues happening. Thank you to all data recorders, replay uploaders and score keepers.

Hoping that the server issues get solved before next Sunday's race.

Race Clean, Race SNAIL :gtpflag: 👍 :cheers:

Great racing tonight. I was never close to a podium but it was still good, hard, clean, and immensely satisfying racing with my D4 brethren. We also gained racers with every combo, ending the night with more than we started with. As I mentioned in the room, you're a great group to race with.

This is the second week in a row where we didn't have any connection issues - no lag incidents period. Chatva had an issue connecting initially due to his ISP but was able to get it fixed just as we started the first race. Screaming Chief was also apparently unable to see the room.

That was a lot of fun tonight in D1! You guys were so good and made basically no mistakes, felt so silly when I made a few. That last race at Suzuka was so clean (at least at the front from my viewpoint), amazing job by LLOYDZ to come through the field to win. 👍

New Policy for Sunday race nights.

If you get disconnected and are going to post about it, please run a speedtest.net and pingtest.net to the furthest corner of the continental US from you and post it as well. This is for research purposes.

I did get repeatedly disconnected going into Spa qualy for some reason. It was really weird, at first when I went to run practice before qualy the car just drove itself, I had zero control. Then when they tried to start qualy my screen stayed black and I got kicked out. The host (I'm assuming) stopped the session so I could join, I again went out for practice before qualy and this time I had control of my car after it left the pits, but then then again when they tried to start qualy my screen went black and I was kicked out. First race went on without me, but I enjoyed watching, and I got to join the second race. Weird.

Anyway, just did a speedtest.net test to Key West, FL (I'm in Victoria, BC) and got a ping of 109ms. Then did pingtest.net and got a ping of 135ms to Tampa, FL, with a 7ms jitter.

I have replays from D3 saved and I have screencaps of the results for both qualifying and races if needed.

Anyhow, overall night was abit mixed.

Daytona: Well, there was a reason "Hold on to your butts" was the response I posted. Not exactly the favorite car and track combo.

Spa: I love the combo, just need to be abit more patient. Had great runs but just got carried away.

Suzuka: Finally got the best finish in the three weeks I've been here. Not a podium as I was hoping given the new found speed, but still got great.

Solid night though.

I'm so grateful to be in a room with no connection issues. The racing continues to be wonderful. Each week I gain more respect for my fellow drivers and with that comes even better racing. Rinse and repeat. Because race car.

Just one on the other side of the country from you will do.

If it truly was a server issue, wouldn't it be hitting everyone and not just certain rooms? All I'm after is as much information as I can get.
I rejoined the D6 room and found 4 drivers racing. I assumed they were having an "after" race. After they were done I found that I had watched the last FOUR survivors of D6 finishing Combo 3 R2. My presence had no effect on them. So Im not the "guilty bastard" after all. Pathetic really....Will PM my tests in the AM

We have a procedure in place for what to do if the host is dc'd from a friends only room to compensate for that glitch. It allow the host to not miss the rest of the night if they get dc'd.
@BayouSimDrifter was dc'd as host in C3 R1 and I scored him second last, as another dc'd after. So what about R2 (points wise) as he couldn't get back into room?

Thanks for the quick response
@JohnD3

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Thanks for the quick reply! :dunce:

Had a great time racing tonight! First time in S.N.A.I.L and I actually won the 2nd race in the Corvette in Div2 somehow, the GT-R gave me a really hard time though, qualified second to last and didn't finish much better lol! But overall a fun night.

Back