◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,786 comments
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @ptslopoke and please don't let it curb your elation at winning your division for the night, but D1 is ineligible to win a prize by virtue of not having their replays uploaded by 8PM eastern tonight. At least I haven't found a set in either the Steward's folders or the public area.

Speaking of which, @GamingPete , you should be able to access this folder and download the set of replays the stewards will be using to review incidents.

@zer05ive does this mean that combo 2 and 3 are tied for votes again? You have to remove xrad's vote and coach's vote and that leaves us with a tie. The prize C winner vote for combo 1 so we can't use his vote as the tie breaker. Do we need to get the prize C winner to cast a separate deciding vote?

sarcasm/ I say you take the technical director's vote and count it as 2 to break the tie./sarcasm

The vette stays.. I actually liked that combo once I learned how to drive that thing
9651e121dac222fdac699ca6d962b84f288c75e6ec120f4a06e3c04f139ee8ec.jpg
Sorry, but I made a mistake in the vote calculation. I'll explain in more detail, but Round 3 is actually is the round that is staying. My apologies for the confusion, but the results have been updated up TOPP.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @ptslopoke and please don't let it curb your elation at winning your division for the night, but D1 is ineligible to win a prize by virtue of not having their replays uploaded by 8PM eastern tonight. At least I haven't found a set in either the Steward's folders or the public area.

Speaking of which, @GamingPete , you should be able to access this folder and download the set of replays the stewards will be using to review incidents.
My bad for jumping the gun on the results. The prize winners have been updated. Most notably, @jamilla is now the Prize C winner.

You just had to wait for me to post my celebration...
You've still got every reason to celebrate! You were celebrating beating Lloydz, not winning Prize B! Keep the champagne popping! :cheers:

Last edited:
Sorry, but I made a mistake in the vote calculation. I'll explain in more detail, but Round 3 is actually is the round that is staying. My apologies for the confusion, but the results have been updated up TOPP.

My bad for jumping the gun on the results. The prize winners have been updated. Most notably, @jamilla is now the Prize C winner.

You've still get every reason to celebrate! You were celebrating beating Lloydz, not winning Prize B! Keep the champagne popping! :cheers:

Thank you baby Jesus. Ding dong the vette is gone.

The challenge to every prize winner now is to pick something that will dethrone the Nissan GT500. It's not that great of a combo so it shouldn't be that hard. If you stay away from absolute garbage, it should go away next week.

The vette stays.. I actually liked that combo once I learned how to drive that thing

Yeah. I actually grew to really enjoy it too. A good lesson on slow is fast, which I need more of probably.

That being said, I also secretly hoped that it'd get 2nd in the votes, that spa would be frozen, and we'd get one of the senna cars to celebrate the Belgian GP. :-D

Woe is me... :-P

And in regards to the updates this week - zaharra finally? I'm not even gonna mention cour.....

You've still get every reason to celebrate! You were celebrating beating Lloydz, not winning Prize B! Keep the champagne popping! :cheers:

NOOOO!!! :)

We won't see another oval for a while. Too many guys don't know how to race them and it got voted off. Some of the best racing anybody will ever have in this game is on an oval with a group of drivers that know how to push and be pushed in and through the draft. We simply don't have that here so the experience is not what it could/should be.

We won't see another oval for a while. Too many guys don't know how to race them and it got voted off. Some of the best racing anybody will ever have in this game is on an oval with a group of drivers that know how to push and be pushed in and through the draft. We simply don't have that here so the experience is not what it could/should be.
I actually had fun doing the oval but like you said some aren't experienced enough for it.

I am interested in joining snail

@NOISEBOMB_MSR

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I was in the Motegi combo endurox that nail speaks of and it was very good, it didn't race anything like daytona so I think our people here would be fine with how that combo works if someone ever chose it

This whole recent oval track awareness is quite amusing. It almost sounds as though some one here is going to propose a nascar series. Having driven more nascar races then I care to remember I will say yes, there is a certain amount of skill unique to high speed group driving. Please remember the most defining quality to oval tracks, THEY ARE SOOOOO BLOODY BORING!!!!! I was in that enduro race this weekend. Do you know it took me 3 hours of circuit driving to remember how to turn right!?! I have only been in snail for a month. I love it! With that being said can we please, for the love of god not do another oval? That's my rant. Thank you for reading

Last edited:
I actually had fun doing the oval but like you said some aren't experienced enough for it.

Keep practicing.. you will improve on the ovals!! :sly: Have to agree though, whoever didn't have much experience or were new to it, that was not the best car to get your feet wet on!!.. Its funny how alot of people changed their minds so quick on getting rid of combo 1? lol Odd?? :confused:

This whole recent oval track awareness is quite amusing. It almost sounds as though some one here is going to propose a nascar series. Having driven more nascar races then I care to remember I will say yes, there is a certain amount of skill unique to high speed group driving. Please remember the most defining quality to oval tracks, THEY ARE SOOOOO BLOODY BORING!!!!! I was in that enduro race this weekend. Do you know it took me 3 hours of circuit driving to remember how to turn right!?! I have only been in snail for a month. I love it! With that being said can we please, for the love of god not do another oval? That's my rant. Thank you for reading

If it makes you feel more comfortable, I've been here since January 5th and this is the first oval we've raced on.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on August 17, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1

• LLOYDZ_ELITE69 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • sprintr64 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Bryds ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • kotobin ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2

• GamingPete -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • turbo91stdcivic --- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 3

• Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • GTP_RACECAR ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 4

• CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • reigninblood1975 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Fallen_log -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 5

• JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • spyagent1439 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • John-Rambo_4g ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Vinnybear-O1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • DigiImprov -------- did not submit a vote
Division 6

• euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Cynthius ---------- did not submit a vote
    • Muriloantunes ----- did not submit a vote
    • MCR-Toretto ------- did not submit a vote
    • cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
    • Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
Division 7

• SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Ch11chcftzp ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Mr_Smile ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • dcschwinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • camcard ----------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Lotus Elise 111R '04 (Sport Hard tires) at Daytona Superspeedway (12 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Art Morrison Corvette '60 (Sport Soft tires) at Circuit De Spa Francorchamps (4 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CoachMK21 gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @jamilla so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review some data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

View attachment 207420

Race Date: 17 August 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

We have 6 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, August 22nd, 2014.

Banners by dabneyd

I choose to pass the freeze to @jamilla.

So if any of you have ever raced in a practice room with me and Lloydz in it, you will realize that I talk nothing but **** to Lloydz, he makes it a bunch of fun and we both are very light hearted about it...but seeing as this is one of the few times I will have actually beaten him on a Sunday race night...below is my reaction when I realized I won...

GIFSoup

Great racing by everyone in D1 last night, it was one of the funnest nights I have had!
Getting caught in a wreck at Daytona and wrecking 3 times at Spa, obviously didn't help me. Congratulations man :) you broke my streak of a 6 sunday wins in a row :) and it won't happen again :P

10:4 to that. Smaller ovals would be so much more fun. 16 cars on a 2.5 mile track just doesn't cut it. My big toe was sore from holding the pedal to the floor.

I take it the Online servers are still down?

I for one, am not going to complain about PD doing maintenance - it may indicate someone is actually trying to improve the servers!

Now - I'm not necessarily betting they'll succeed, but I'm going to be an optimist and assume they're trying to do good.

Lesson I learned long ago - I can't recall where, but I know it was held as a truism for my friends who are high tech contractors and work with the government and government officials:

"Do not quickly assume the actions of another to be malevolent or uncaring, they are far more likely to be incompetent."

I must say that the thread regarding the 2-day maintenance going on today and tomorrow has been entertaining. Those folks were going crazy. 26+ pages of speculation, complaints and nonsense.

I have tried to feed in a lot of positive energy in threads like that but they all shut me down and convince me this game is so bad that everyone should quit. PD sucks this, PD sucks that. Yet, they are still playing the game and yet they are still going to this game forum :D

I stop responding to these negative complaints and nonsense and focus more on enjoying the game and enjoy it with the SNAIL team!!! Now I approve this message :D

I have tried to feed in a lot of positive energy in threads like that but they all shut me down and convince me this game is so bad that everyone should quit. PD sucks this, PD sucks that. Yet, they are still playing the game and yet they are still going to this game forum :D

I stop responding to these negative complaints and nonsense and focus more on enjoying the game and enjoy it with the SNAIL team!!! Now I approve this message :D

another, and in my case quite appropriate, message from the lunatic (GT6 that is) fringe about the updates (or not)

Just take your meds and you'll be fine-ish, at least until tomorrow. :lol:

And if we still don't get the update tomorrow then we're 🤬

OK, back to kicking more tires. :(

If anyone ever tells you that a car should have a Pre Purchase Inspection done by or a dealer, or a specialist, DO IT.

Just walked away from a car that sounded good but needed another 65% of purchase price in repairs.... :eek:

Back