◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
I like Verde Mela (solid), there is a nice metallic green, also Verde or Mela in the name, similar hue.

The new GT Fluorescence from a seasonal is bright as well.

Sassy Grass. solid mopar color. Dodge Charger/ 'Cuda/ Challenger
I like light green colors on sports cars; I collected all I could find when I first got the game.

Sassy Grass Green is a little darker than Sublime. The LFA has one that's fairly bright (Lime maybe?) and it depends on the specific car as to which one is brighter than the other (some cars display the colors differently). Matte Light Green is close but I think it's a tiny bit darker.

Fantasiagrun, found on one of the Lupos, is even brighter but it's a bit more yellow than Sublime or Lime, though still in the light green family.

Also, I'm guessing if there's a GT-Fluorescence that ends up being green it will be brighter than any manufacturer's light green.

There a few more in that light green family and if desired I can look at my paint chips and report back.

I'm also color blind, so I'll check the ones you guys listed and see what my eyes find most appealing. It's for the wheels while my car is blue. I think blue and green is a cool combo that stands out but isn't too random. And it doesn't scream out at you.

I'm also color blind, so I'll check the ones you guys listed and see what my eyes find most appealing. It's for the wheels while my car is blue. I think blue and green is a cool combo that stands out but isn't too random. And it doesn't scream out at you.
I may not have the best color recognition, at least as compared with some female artist friends of mine, but I don't believe the bolded statement above to be true. It most definitely screams - that's the nature of lime green. I think it's a fine color combo for SNAIL but I'd never have lime green wheels on a street car in real life because of it's "screaming" nature. All this said, you should only go with a color combo that appeals to you. It's not my car and it really doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks of it if you are happy with it.

But it's not a street car, it's for race cars. Street cars for me just get black rims. Race cars can have more leeway because they try to match a livery or something. But if you're opinion is that of "it screams out at you", then so be it.

Sorry if I am not posting in the right place, but can someone explain what is the difference about the room categories, like race for fun, race for real and the others?

Sorry if I am not posting in the right place, but can someone explain what is the difference about the room categories, like race for fun, race for real and the others?
And shouldn't Sunday night be set as race for real? I saw other rooms set to race for fun.

I think it is all for formality purpose? Does it actually change the underlying race settings?? I see online rooms where people set it as race for real and all they do is cursing on the mics all days long. It is more like insulting for real lol.

I am just asking bcz was racing now with some friends and we noticed that who was behind was always fast, like a lot faster, we imagined that was the reason

I am just asking bcz was racing now with some friends and we noticed that who was behind was always fast, like a lot faster, we imagined that was the reason

Boost was likely turned on. If I understand right this gives cars behind a little more oomph so they can close the gap. We don't use that here, hence the notable difference.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on August 17, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1

• LLOYDZ_ELITE69 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • sprintr64 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Bryds ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • kotobin ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2

• GamingPete -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • turbo91stdcivic --- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 3

• Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • GTP_RACECAR ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 4

• CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • reigninblood1975 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Fallen_log -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 5

• JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • spyagent1439 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • John-Rambo_4g ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Vinnybear-O1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • DigiImprov -------- did not submit a vote
Division 6

• euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Cynthius ---------- did not submit a vote
    • Muriloantunes ----- did not submit a vote
    • MCR-Toretto ------- did not submit a vote
    • cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
    • Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
Division 7

• SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Ch11chcftzp ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Mr_Smile ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • dcschwinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • camcard ----------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Lotus Elise 111R '04 (Sport Hard tires) at Daytona Superspeedway (12 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Art Morrison Corvette '60 (Sport Soft tires) at Circuit De Spa Francorchamps (4 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CoachMK21 gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @jamilla so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review some data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

OK, great. I'll get started working on a new combo ASAP.

I may not have the best color recognition, at least as compared with some female artist friends of mine, but I don't believe the bolded statement above to be true. It most definitely screams - that's the nature of lime green. I think it's a fine color combo for SNAIL but I'd never have lime green wheels on a street car in real life because of it's "screaming" nature. All this said, you should only go with a color combo that appeals to you. It's not my car and it really doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks of it if you are happy with it.
I agree! I've had multiple vision tests in the military and various other activities I've done in my life. Light Green most definitely SCREAMS at you. I think that cars painted that color in real life can be seen from SPACE!

I just took the enduro car around spa in preperation for saturday's enduro race. AMAZING!!!!

We ran that something like 4-5 Sundays in a row a few months back. My favorite combo we've done since I joined in Feb-Mar timeframe. I think it's even more fun on the Nordschliefe/24hr.

E
I like Verde Mela (solid), there is a nice metallic green, also Verde or Mela in the name, similar hue.

The new GT Fluorescence from a seasonal is bright as well.

Where did you get the metallic green? I might wanna try that and see if it shines in photos well.

We won't see another oval for a while. Too many guys don't know how to race them and it got voted off. Some of the best racing anybody will ever have in this game is on an oval with a group of drivers that know how to push and be pushed in and through the draft. We simply don't have that here so the experience is not what it could/should be.

With that said, when will the next JLBOWLER oval invitational take place? The last one was one of the best nights in SNAIL!!!!

Results Summary for D5 - 8/17/14

Pole Honors
Combo 1 @jimeez 56.344
Combo 2 @MajorBlixem 2:32.829
Combo 3 @JJLopez427 1:59.658

Race Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:22.563

Gold @goofytyler
Silver @JJLopez427
Bronze @Scott G

Combo 1
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:27.655

Gold @Handlebar
Silver @mopar440
Bronze @CoachMK21

Combo 2
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:18.036

Gold @DMacs13
Silver @MajorBlixem
Bronze @nascarfan14

Combo 2
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:17.769

Gold @jimeez
Silver @Scott G
Bronze @JJLopez427

Combo 3
Race 1 - Total Race: 12:06.403

Gold @nascarfan14
Silver @DMacs13
Bronze @ExoSphere64

Combo 3
Race 2 - Total Race: 12:12.557

Gold @CoachMK21
Silver @DMacs13
Bronze @MajorBlixem

Fast Lap Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 @Handlebar 55.480
Race 2 @DMacs13 55.780

Combo 2
Race 1 @JJLopez427 2:32.483
Race 2 @DMacs13 2:31.907

Combo 3
Race 1 @DMacs13 1:59.494
Race 2 @DMacs13 1:59.254

Great all round racing. 11 of the 13 starters got to the podium!

Congrats to @CoachMK21 for the overall win breaking a tie with @JJLopez427

@zer05ive @JLBowler @Dragonwhisky

I'm proud to announce the car that we'll be racing at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps this Sunday.

GTI.JPG

Tires: Sports Soft (608 pre-oil change)

Numbers listed above are after an oil change. Car is paintable. Wheels are not, nor are they replaceable. Also, can't put a number on it :(

Car is for sale in the Vision Gran Turismo section for 1 million credits. Hopefully, most of you won it for free when it came out.

Last edited:
Back