◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,746 comments
I'd like to freeze Circuit De Spa Francorchamps

@zer05ive @JLBowler @Dragonwhisky

I'm proud to announce the car that we'll be racing at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps this Sunday.

View attachment 208211

Tires: Sports Soft (608 pre oil change)

Numbers listed above are after an oil change. Car is paintable. Wheels are not, nor are they replaceable. Also, can't put a number on it :(

Car is for sale in the Vision Gran Turismo section for 1 million credits. Hopefully, most of you won it for free when it came out.

Thank you.:bowdown: I have been waiting for this exact combo since they released the car. This was the first track I raced with the car and it was fantastic.

Last edited:

I'm proud to announce the car that we'll be racing at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps this Sunday.

View attachment 208211

I will agree that the Racing Medium tires (608 pre-oil change) provide a lot of grip, but it was very fun to drive around Spa. Numbers listed above are after an oil change. Car is paintable. Wheels are not, nor are they replaceable. Also, can't put a number on it :(

Car is for sale in the Vision Gran Turismo section for 1 million credits. Hopefully, most of you won it for free when it came out.

I got news for you. That's not a race car. It will run on sport soft tires.

D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 8/17/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (Lotus Elise 111R '04 @ Daytona Superspeedway): @JoeW / Ice_Warden - 56.282
Round 2 (Art Morrison Corvette '60 @ Circuit De Spa Francorchamps): @JoeW / Ice_Warden - 2:30.030
Round 3 (GTR-GT500 Base Model '08 @ Suzuka Circuit): @JLBowler - 1:58.643

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Dragonwhisky 55.189
Round 1 Race 2 : @JoeW / Ice_Warden 55.265

Round 2 Race 1 : @DrKronin 2:30.598
Round 2 Race 2 : @racefan78 2:30.238

Round 3 Race 1 : @JLBowler 1:58.404
Round 3 Race 2 : @AG07WRXTR 1:57.926

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Dragonwhisky 11:22.131
Round 1 Race 2 : @JLBowler 11:25.691

Round 2 Race 1 : @GamingPete 10:08.968
Round 2 Race 2 : @ConnorWolf 10:10.698

Round 3 Race 1 : @JLBowler 11:54.977
Round 3 Race 2 : @racefan78 12:02.146

Congratulations to Xradkins on the preliminary overall night win. He did it without winning even one race. He did however finish in the top 5, every race but one, where he finished 7th. Consistent finishes gave him a 4 point lead by the end of the night. 12 drivers out of fifteen made the podium, with five ascending to the top step.

Thanks to all in Division 2 for their cooperation, There was some minor lag experienced by a couple drivers, but it went much better than last week. :cheers:

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

It's not a race car. There is no cage. There is a passenger seat. There is nothing on this car that would constitute it as a full blown race car and is therefore run on sport tires.

The better question would be to ask PD why it came with racing tires.
It has front and rear adjustable downforce which can only be found on race cars, it has racing brakes, and fully customizable everything when it comes to transmission, LSD, etc.

View attachment 208211

Tires: Sports Soft (608 pre-oil change)

Numbers listed above are after an oil change. Car is paintable. Wheels are not, nor are they replaceable. Also, can't put a number on it :(

It's not a race car. There is no cage. There is a passenger seat. There is nothing on this car that would constitute it as a full blown race car and is therefore run on sport tires.

The better question would be to ask PD why it came with racing tires.

I really wish I was going to be able to race this Sunday, because this sounds like a blast. I will be around Saturday though, so I might try a SNAIL enduro for the first time to get my Spa fix :)

It has front and rear adjustable downforce which can only be found on race cars, it has racing brakes, and fully customizable everything when it comes to transmission, LSD, etc.

That makes it a highly adjustable tuner car. It would need a cage and some racing safety equipment in it to be classified as a race car for SNAIL purposes.

Ok thank you for clearing that up for me

I've been needing to go through and re-do the list of tuners and race cars that we had from GT5 and add all the new cars from GT6 and put it into a post that I can edit.

I've started the work on classifying the cars. I just haven't gotten the list put together and posted. Now that someone has picked a GT vision car, I should move that task up the priority list so it's known before the next one is picked.

I've been racing in Snail for 2 1/2 yrs and never have I seen a car that comes with racing tires get down graded to sport tires, that I can remember. I usually don't make these comments on the thread but I personally think that it will ruin the performance of the car making it not as fun to drive. I'm curious if it was tested on racing tires or sport?

I wouldn't classify the car as a street, tuner or race car. It's a concept car.

Last edited:
I've been racing in Snail for 2 1/2 yrs and never have I seen a car that comes with racing tires get down graded to sport tires, that I can remember. I usually don't make these comments on the thread but I personally think that it will ruin the performance of the car making it not as fun to drive. I'm curious if it was tested on racing tires or sport?

It is sticky as ever on SS tires.

You've known me for a long time. When have you known me to make a decision about anything without testing it first? It's not point and shoot like it is on race medium or race hard, but it's still pretty easy to drive even with a controller. Yep, I test stuff with a controller and the wheel when it comes to making decisions for SNAIL.

Last edited:
You've known me for a long time. When have you know me to make a decision about anything without testing it first? It's not point and shoot like it is on race medium or race hard, but it's still pretty easy to drive even with a controller. Yep, I test stuff with a controller and the wheel when it comes to making decisions for SNAIL.

I didn't ask if you tested it, I asked if the person that choose the car tested it:)

I didn't ask if you tested it, I asked if the person that choose the car tested it:)

Good point. To your point of never seeing a car that came with race tires downgraded, I don't remember PD ever putting race tires on something that wasn't a full blown race car. It has done it in this case.

I don't know if Jakedog tested the car with sports tires on it or not but I did extensively and the car handles great. It is a concept car and in these cases, I have to look closely at the car and determine where it should fall as far as SNAIL is concerned.

I like Verde Mela (solid), there is a nice metallic green, also Verde or Mela in the name, similar hue.

The new GT Fluorescence from a seasonal is bright as well.
I don't think I'll be able to get gold on that Spa lap with the Lotus 97T. So tough.

Do you remember where the metallic green was?

Can we do another room tomorrow for pictures? I want to be in a banner and I will be around tomorrow until 5pm.

There will be another banner photo session starting at 11:30 PM ET to about 1:00 AM ET. I am planning on making this a weekly practice/photo shoot. It falls late because of the Race Car series. I may change the timeframe for this based on the racecar series because I want as many cars on track as possible.

Why not way earlier in in the day? I work from 6pm-12 tomorrow night. A rule of a photo room should be that no matter what happens you maintain a bunched up group. Always wait for someone if they spin out or something.

Because I usally sleep earlier in the day due to current back issues. I will try to get an established timeframe tomorrow as this is mostly to see if there is interest. I am thinking that the first hour is all racing. Than, have a single run with the field bunched. I just don't want the photos to look staged or anything.

View attachment 208211

Tires: Sports Soft (608 pre-oil change)

Wow, I did not see that coming. Having driven that car, Combo 2 is going to be a really close one I think.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg
Just thought i'd throw some photos and see whether or not people like them, let me know if there's something I should do to make them better

Attachments

• Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg