◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Correct me if I'm wrong but none of these Vision cars actually exist...no working prototypes just concepts on paper or in a computer . That kinda spoils it for me cause I like racing cars that actually physically existed at some point.
But hey that's me, I'm weird like that.
That being said, I will race on Sunday and I will have fun!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but none of these Vision cars actually exist...no working prototypes just concepts on paper or in a computer . That kinda spoils it for me cause I like racing cars that actually physically existed at some point.
But hey that's me, I'm weird like that.
That being said, I will race on Sunday and I will have fun!!!
The Aston Martin, Nissan, Mercedes, and VW all have 1:1 scale prototypes. And I believe the VW is actually functional.

I didn't ask if you tested it, I asked if the person that choose the car tested it:)

Good point. To your point of never seeing a car that came with race tires downgraded, I don't remember PD ever putting race tires on something that wasn't a full blown race car. It has done it in this case.

I don't know if Jakedog tested the car with sports tires on it or not but I did extensively and the car handles great. It is a concept car and in these cases, I have to look closely at the car and determine where it should fall as far as SNAIL is concerned.

I did all my testing on Racing Hard tires. When I was creating the post, I noted the PP and thought, in haste I admit, that it should be on RM tires - thinking it was a race car. I only tested on my own, as my time to practice was very limited. I do believe that Sport Soft tires will make it more fun, as it will take a little more throttle control on some of the high speed corners.

After hearing @JLBowler's thoughts on in not being a race car, I felt pretty foolish. It doesn't have a roll cage, therefore can not be a race car. I should have known this since we're building a chump car and of course, it has to have a roll cage to race.

picture by @dangerzone641

augl1.jpg

Last edited:
@JLBowler , @zer05ive , @CoachMK21 ,@GamingPete

Using Dangerzone's reported lap time and adding a couple seconds, the maths I use put our race laps for the Spa combo at 5 with 3 qualifying laps. This will put qualifying time at 6.4 so might as well use 7 minutes to allow most to get in 3 laps.

I also thought 5 laps after I did my testing, but I didn't want to suggest a number without others giving it a go first.

@GamingPete After some more maths, my head is starting to hurt now, it looks like qualifying minutes should be 8 for the Spa round, wherever it lands in the round ranking. Also, unless @Xradkins picks a car with more PP, this combo will be Round 3, the GTR will land elsewhere in the lineup, again, depending on what Xradkins chooses.

Last edited:
Not a fan of racing fantasy cars. The entire physics model is based on what someone guesses it should drive like.

Even if there is mock up of the car, like the VW, it is not a complete vehicle ready for testing.

Meh...I'll still drive it this weekend but I won't get any pleasure out of it.

I buy and drive cars in the game that I think look nice and have some sort of actual history. Even though it's a game, I treat it like a simulator in certain aspects.

In some small way this game connects me to cars I have driven before and actual cars I would like to drive. I would like to think that the physics models are derived from actual tests performed in the car.

These "tests" can't be performed on drawings, clay models or one-off concept creations. So there is no basis in fact on how these cars drive. Just speculation and scientific guesswork.

So, to me, these cars are undesirable. I honestly have no idea how this game is made but if I can't conceivably buy or see a car on the highway, then I don't want to drive it in the game.

Just one of my many GT idiosyncrasies :)

Back