◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
PP on the VW is 616 for me.

good catch there, ◆ typo fixed

Beautiful banners! The lineup post has been updated!

@GamingPete, I noticed that a couple of banners from August 3rd and August 10th aren't posted anymore. Are you able to retrieve those? If so, I can save them onto my imgur account so that you don't have to keep them saved on your end. :)

just sent them to you in a conversation
i started by uploading with tinypic but later upoaded using the "GTP" function

Last edited:
I can't drive that thing on elevation changes for some reason. I always have trouble at Nurburgring GP/F
I struggled with that one for awhile, but I've gt it down now. Apricot Hills gives me the most trouble, I almost always end up 2nd or 3rd there, seemingly no matter how fast I go, lol.

Just finished doing my laps for time submission and already completed the quiz, read all the rules, saved the url's, watched the video (It's like job orientation for the coolest job in the world lol) and I'm looking forward to getting assigned and doing some racing this weekend! :dunce:

Just finished doing my laps for time submission and already completed the quiz, read all the rules, saved the url's, watched the video (It's like job orientation for the coolest job in the world lol) and I'm looking forward to getting assigned and doing some racing this weekend! :dunce:
I hope you're in Division 4! We'd love more racers

Azure Flare - 21st August 2014 - Was on last warning from previous incidents. Somehow, then decided that racism was a good thing to post.

happy-birthday-the-best-present-ev.jpg

Just messing around with these new combos.. Haven't had a chance to give them a go...
I Have a room open if anyone wants/needs practice before practice? :D I do so...

Room ID: 1472-6681-3415-7078-8510

Finally got my wheel. I suck at driving with it but a few more ajustments on the stand and a lot more practice, I will be ready to go.

You probably suck now, but give it a week or so and you'll wish you had been using it months ago...work on the seasonal event TT's, too. The week I got mine that and karting around kart space were all I did and it helped quite a bit.

Is anyone interested in doing a monthly "SNAIL 1%er" special event? This would be a one-Friday-per-month event where we drive the very, very expensive cars using the SNAIL model - clean above all else, no tuning, and mirroring the Sunday night 3 combo model.

I very much want to race the Ferrari 250 GTO against you guys . . .
It appears there is enough interest to have a decent sized grid for a Friday night SNAIL 1%er special event. How about we try for next Friday, August 29 at 9:30 Eastern? The Ferrari 250 GTO will be one of them. Does Mt. Panorama work now? If so, that's where we'll run the GTO. If not than Deep Forest or Trial Mountain (I can never remember which one is which - the track I'm thinking of is the one where we first ran the RE Amemiya). I am also open to other track suggestions if Bathurst is a no-go (I'm not locked into Forest-Mountain per se).

I can come up with the other combos if needed but would rather have our community take the lead here.

If I should start a new thread for this please let me know. I know this is a busy thread to begin with and I don't want to unnecessarily decrease the signal-to-noise ratio.

It appears there is enough interest to have a decent sized grid for a Friday night SNAIL 1%er special event. How about we try for next Friday, August 29 at 9:30 Eastern? The Ferrari 250 GTO will be one of them. Does Mt. Panorama work now? If so, that's where we'll run the GTO. If not than Deep Forest or Trial Mountain (I can never remember which one is which - the track I'm thinking of is the one where we first ran the RE Amemiya). I am also open to other track suggestions if Bathurst is a no-go (I'm not locked into Forest-Mountain per se).

I can come up with the other combos if needed but would rather have our community take the lead here.

If I should start a new thread for this please let me know. I know this is a busy thread to begin with and I don't want to unnecessarily decrease the signal-to-noise ratio.

Sign me up!

I'm in too.. be advised the road car version of the 250 is geared rather short, but it's still great on most any track though. Silverstone or Spa are good ones for it...

Suggestion: a good name for this would be "Concourse Club".

I'm in too.. be advised the road car version of the 250 is geared rather short, but it's still great on most any track though. Silverstone or Spa are good ones for it...

Suggestion: a good name for this would be "Concourse Club".
Excellent suggestion - one-percenter did confuse some folks. SNAIL Concourse Club it is. And Spa would be great with that car too, so let's go with that and avoid potential Bathurst network issues.

Sign me up!
Excellent! Will be nice to see you on the track again . . .

Greetings Snails... the usual suspects that have been hosting Blue Room has been playing hard to get lately. I would like to open it up to the general audience if there is anyone available to host Blue Room on Thursday's consistently.

I will continue to post the usual thread but if I don't get anyone by 9 I will just post HOST Needed.

It's a classic mistake, one I've done, one I've learned not to do!
Don't rush turn one on the start, especially from mid pack and on the inside!
You'll have so much speed and since your on the inside, passing all the drivers to your left who are in the correct line to negotiate the corner, it's impossible for you to slow down enough and negotiate the corner, hit the the apex and accelerate quicker then them without causing an "INCIDENT", yea your passing other drivers BuT!

I'm speaking about all tracks but this happened to me at SPA tonight and though I fully understand what happened cause I've been "THAT GUY"! (Wish I knew it was coming, would have stopped and proceeded after the car crossed my front).
I started in third, gotta a great start passing second before second gear then passed first at third gear, even before the little red line!
Set up for the corner and just before apex, BLAMO, once I got turned around and back on track I was next to last.

Just spoke with the party I was referring to and since I didn't stick around so as to save the replay, I was informed that the driver that hit me was knocked off line by another driver thus causing the contact!
Everything I have said above still applies!

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Aug 17 2014
Penalty Rate 33%
Banner by dabneyd

SNOLR Quote for the Week:
05: Running into the car ahead of you:
A:
The behind driver must take all necessary care and responsibility not to run into an ahead driver.

Below are the results of the 6 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 2 - 3 incidents on file
GamingPete
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 12 points halved to 6 for self report. 3 weeks probation.
Division 3 - 2 incidents on file
FloptaStr8
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points. 1 week probation.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, tezgm99 and USERID_77a23 for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's document and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Back