◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
It's a classic mistake, one I've done, one I've learned not to do!
Don't rush turn one on the start, especially from mid pack and on the inside!
You'll have so much speed and since your on the inside, passing all the drivers to your left who are in the correct line to negotiate the corner, it's impossible for you to slow down enough and negotiate the corner, hit the the apex and accelerate quicker then them without causing an "INCIDENT", yea your passing other drivers BuT!

I'm speaking about all tracks but this happened to me at SPA tonight and though I fully understand what happened cause I've been "THAT GUY"! (Wish I knew it was coming, would have stopped and proceeded after the car crossed my front).
I started in third, gotta a great start passing second before second gear then passed first at third gear, even before the little red line!
Set up for the corner and just before apex, BLAMO, once I got turned around and back on track I was next to last.

Just spoke with the party I was referring to and since I didn't stick around so as to save the replay, I was informed that the driver that hit me was knocked off line by another driver thus causing the contact!
Everything I have said above still applies!

The driver @chatva refers to is me and what actually happened was that we were all braking normally for turn 1 and a driver (who I don't think is a member of SNAIL) did a Romain Grosjean and forgot to brake. He hit me so hard I was launched into the pack like a bowling ball that JL would have been proud of!

It is a classic mistake, and I certainly have had my guilty moments as far as this type is concerned, but I wasn't the guilty party here so, while it is always good to highlight turn 1 at the start dangers, it also highlights what can happen if someone points a finger and rage quits before learning the true facts.

Last night was particularly busy with random drivers popping into SNAIL practice rooms and they caused a fair share of havoc. In one room Maddog was forced to eject at least 4 drivers who refused to leave the track despite numerous reminders, over a prolonged period of time, from a number of SNAILs that they needed to change car. Perhaps the practice room titles need to spell it out more clearly with the words Spec and League incorporated in them.

The driver @chatva refers to is me and what actually happened was that we were all braking normally for turn 1 and a driver (who I don't think is a member of SNAIL) did a Romain Grosjean and forgot to brake. He hit me so hard I was launched into the pack like a bowling ball that JL would have been proud of!

It is a classic mistake, and I certainly have had my guilty moments as far as this type is concerned, but I wasn't the guilty party here so, while it is always good to highlight turn 1 at the start dangers, it also highlights what can happen if someone points a finger and rage quits before learning the true facts.

Last night was particularly busy with random drivers popping into SNAIL practice rooms and they caused a fair share of havoc. In one room Maddog was forced to eject at least 4 drivers who refused to leave the track despite numerous reminders, over a prolonged period of time, from a number of SNAILs that they needed to change car. Perhaps the practice room titles need to spell it out more clearly with the words Spec and League incorporated in them.
Turnupdaheat is a hundred percent correct about the incident last night. I remember seeing both parties skidding off the track behind me coming out of turn 1. During practice last night I remember looking up all people in the room and not seeing, I think, two people that, for whatever reason, weren't on the drivers list. and one of the non-SNAILers, I think the one you are talking about, got into trouble a few times through out the night.

Before SNAIL I never did much online open lobby racing, for various reasons, and before last night had only ever hosted two rooms. Needless to say I am not the best host. To the people that were in my room last night during the havoc, or anytime, what were some things that I could have done to make it better? Or was last night just an odd night of some unruly people? Thanks in advance.

Turnupdaheat is a hundred percent correct about the incident last night. I remember seeing both parties skidding off the track behind me coming out of turn 1. During practice last night I remember looking up all people in the room and not seeing, I think, two people that, for whatever reason, weren't on the drivers list. and one of the non-SNAILers, I think the one you are talking about, got into trouble a few times through out the night.
Before SNAIL I never did much online open lobby racing, for various reasons, and before last night had only ever hosted two rooms. Needless to say I am not the best host. To the people that were in my room last night during the havoc, or anytime, what were some things that I could have done to make it better? Or was last night just an odd night of some unruly people? Thanks in advance.
I think that it was just an off night

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Aug 17 2014
Penalty Rate 33%
Banner by dabneyd

SNOLR Quote for the Week:

Below are the results of the 6 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 3 - 2 incidents on file
FloptaStr8
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points. 1 week probation.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, tezgm99 and USERID_77a23 for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's document and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​
Flopta??? Wooot?

That was a strange time. Most times people are cool and get the right car without hassle. You did the best Ya could buddy. Best thing Ya can do is make it clear what's going on ASAP and get them off track. I think our problem for awhile was every time someone new came in we had a couple of different cars on track so they jumped in any car.

Ahhh.. the dreaded one-two post while lurking for a TOPP. :P I should have just snagged two posts in a row like I usually do when TOPP-hunting, but it's Friday (which is usually the slowest day of the week on this thread) so I didn't think I would need to. Oh well, lesson learned. Anybody want to help me get to another TOPP? Who has cool plans this weekend? :D

That was a strange time. Most times people are cool and get the right car without hassle. You did the best Ya could buddy. Best thing Ya can do is make it clear what's going on ASAP and get them off track. I think our problem for awhile was every time someone new came in we had a couple of different cars on track so they jumped in any car.
I've found that sometimes setting drivetrain, tires, pp and, horsepower is effective.

I've found that sometimes setting drivetrain, tires, pp and, horsepower is effective.
For sure, more detailed the restrictions , the less likely they can get in with the wrong car

Sorry buddy
Ahhh.. the dreaded one-two post while lurking for a TOPP. :P I should have just snagged two posts in a row like I usually do when TOPP-hunting, but it's Friday (which is usually the slowest day of the week on this thread) so I didn't think I would need to. Oh well, lesson learned. Anybody want to help me get to another TOPP? Who has cool plans this weekend? :D

Here's a pic for ya. . :sly: The wife got me a little toy for our 12 year wedding anniversary last week! 1141 magical pieces that make up an F1 car! Gonna be a tough choice for what to do Sunday night! :lol:

View attachment 209686
That's pretty sweet I mess with Legos too(pic to come) and that one has been on my wish list for far to long

In an effort to help @zer05ive .....

For any of our newer SNAILs (and as a reminder to everyone else), if your looking for racing during the week, SNAIL offers different options throughout the week in addition to the Sunday Races we all know and love..

Each of these events are well organized and offer something different to meet your racing interest. If you haven't don't so yet, you should check them out.

As for the Wed Night Race Car Series, we just wrapped up our Season 2 All Star race and getting ready to start Season 3 in the 2006 Chevy Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car. Below is the spotter guide for Season 3. We have room for 4 more active drivers so if your interested, please be sure to stop by the topic and take a look and sign up if this sounds like something for you. If you have questions about this series, or any of the others, be sure to stop by the topics and check them out. Im sure you will have a blast in them.

14808630617_0fee015747_o.png

Here's a pic for ya. . :sly: The wife got me a little toy for our 12 year wedding anniversary last week! 1141 magical pieces that make up an F1 car! Gonna be a tough choice for what to do Sunday night! :lol:

View attachment 209686
Nice set! I swear Lego is taking over the world.. To think they were in some serious financial trouble a few years back. Now they're absolutely on fire! They have all the top licenses (Star Wars, Disney, etc) and even their own IP is popular as hell (if you have kids, you know about Ninjago, Chima etc). And they're now popular with girls too with the help of their new "Friends" line. The Disney products got my daughter interested in Lego products, but now she just loves to build. I can't think of another toy brand that is so popular with people of all ages and genders. 👍

The only thing that would make me stop liking them would be if anyone chose them over SNAIL. :odd:

:lol:

I have another autocross event this Sunday. This will be my first time competing in a regular class, not the novice group. I'll be in the STU (Street Touring Ultra) with my '03 350Z.

Nice set! I swear Lego is taking over the world.. To think they were in some serious financial trouble a few years back. Now they're absolutely on fire! They have all the top licenses (Star Wars, Disney, etc) and even their own IP is popular as hell (if you have kids, you know about Ninjago, Chima etc). And they're now popular with girls too with the help of their new "Friends" line. The Disney products got my daughter interested in Lego products, but now she just loves to build. I can't think of another toy brand that is so popular with people of all ages and genders. 👍

The only thing that would make me stop liking them would be if anyone chose them over SNAIL. :odd:

:lol:
While on the subject of Legos.... Check this out.

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/08/functional-chocolate-legos-by-akihiro-mizuuchi/

Just imagine a chocolate lego F1!!!!!

lego-1.jpg

Back