◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,669 comments
Hi I signed up like 5 months ago and got put into D2, I never made a race however because my schedule changed, anyways i told your staff back then when it changed that I would be back at some point and here I am:) anyways I believe I am up to speed for D1 because in the last 5 months I improved a lot! Could I redo the time trial? It is the 86GT at save right?

Hi I signed up like 5 months ago and got put into D2, I never made a race however because my schedule changed, anyways i told your staff back then when it changed that I would be back at some point and here I am:) anyways I believe I am up to speed for D1 because in the last 5 months I improved a lot! Could I redo the time trial? It is the 86GT at save right?

@nmcp1 will be along shortly with an updated welcome message. In the past 5 months, D1 has gotten quite a bit faster as well, thanks to @LLOYDZELITE69.

@CodDemon101

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Like Alonso and everyone in the final stint of the S

Did you finally watch hit?
Yes, it was a very good race and it definitely put me in the mood to race last night. Unfortunately I couldn't connect to the lobby and missed the first week, which really sucks after spending all those credits for these cars and doing all the practice I did, needless to say I was not a happy camper.

Jake - 14 - Div 6
JD3 - 15
DS - 19 - Div 3
JR - 20
FL - 22
NOSE - 22
DP - 25
FSportIS - 28
KG - 29
MM-30 Not quite placed yet.
Chev - 32 - Div 4
USER - 35 - Div 5
05 - 37
MK - 39 - Div 5
nmcp1 - 39 - D2
GB - 40
JoB1 - 43
SG-44
JW - 45
Schm - 45
HB - 47 - Div 5
GGG - 47
Sand - 49 3/4...Div 3
MB - 52
TC15 - 53 Div 3
TUDH - 53 Div3
X - 54 Div2
Aero - 54 - D7
Chatva - 55 -Div 4
SPTR -56-Div 1
Eucl - 56 - Div 6
RN 56 - Div 2
JC -72 - Div 4

Avg age = 40.21

Everyone can add themselves to this list. Don't even have to log in to google to do it either. I do ask that you put in your GTP or PSN ID however.

Jake - 14 - Div 6
JD3 - 15
DS - 19 - Div 3
JR - 20
FL - 22
NOSE - 22
DP - 25
FSportIS - 28
KG - 29
Chev - 32 - Div 4
USER - 35 - Div 5
05 - 37
MK - 39 - Div 5
nmcp1 - 39 - D2
GB - 40
JoB1 - 43
SG-44
JW - 45
Schm - 45
HB - 47 - Div 5
GGG - 47
Sand - 49 3/4...Div 3
MB - 52
TC15 - 53 Div 3
TUDH - 53 Div3
X - 54 Div2
Aero - 54 - D7
Chatva - 55 -Div 4
SPTR -56-Div 1
Eucl - 56 - Div 6
RN 56 - Div 2
JC -72 - Div 4

Avg age = 40.21
According to the google doc linked up there, the average age is 38.38 with 45 drivers entered. If you've not added your data there, and wish to be included in this data collection effort, please click that link and go to the first blank line at the bottom and add yours in.
Thanks.

Not for another hour plus a bit.[/QUOTE
Nail posted this in our division convo - same guys tweeted in a bomb threat to American Airlines for the flight carrying the president of Sony Online Entertainment.

http://kotaku.com/sony-online-presidents-flight-diverted-after-hacker-bom-1626249376

FBI is on it - hope they send these jerkoffs to prison for 10 years.
throw the parents in jail too!
Wow! How did that happen?
I wanted to say, throw the parents in jail too!, as they clearly did not do their job!

Oh crap!

Last edited:
Use edit within your first post to say more!, try not to double, triple post.
:scared:
Not trying to be mean, but Dragonwhiskey (sorry if I spelled it wrong) already discussed this on the same page about why not to double and triple post and the person who triple posted acknowledged it :)

It was another great night racing in D4 for those that were able to make it in. Third week in a row with absolutely no lag artifacts at all, which is a personal record. It was also great clean racing with tight battles throughout the grid everywhere but at Laguna Seca, where we all seemed to be a few seconds behind the person ahead of us, waiting for them to make a mistake while trying very hard to keep it pointed in the right direction. I even got my first SNAIL pole (followed by an off on turn one for that race, allowing me to get back-to-back poles and go from first to last for both races of that combo).

Jake - 14 - Div 6
JD3 - 15
DS - 19 - Div 3
JR - 20
FL - 22
NOSE - 22
DP - 25
FSportIS - 28
KG - 29
Chev - 32 - Div 4
USER - 35 - Div 5
05 - 37
MK - 39 - Div 5
nmcp1 - 39 - D2
GB - 40
JoB1 - 43
SG-44
JW - 45
Schm - 45
HB - 47 - Div 5
GGG - 47
Sand - 49 3/4...Div 3
MB - 52
TC15 - 53 Div 3
TUDH - 53 Div3
X - 54 Div2
Aero - 54 - D7
Chatva - 55 -Div 4
SPTR -56-Div 1
Eucl - 56 - Div 6
RN 56 - Div 2
NAIL-67 Div-6
JC -72 - Div 4

Wow! How did that happen?
I wanted to say, throw the parents in jail too!, as they clearly did not do their job!

Oh crap!

Although bringing down PSN was a hideous crime against humanity it's not in the same league as a bomb scare for a plane. It's safe to say that their mom can rent out their basement apartment. When the FBI is done with them they will not be coming home for long time

Probably because Spa Francorchamps is one of the best tracks in the world. It has a bit of everything.

Well, that'd be taking away from the car to just say that. It was a great car to race around that track, I thought it was gonna be a mess with Sports Softs and not racing hards but it was actually fun to drive quite raceable.

Last edited:
Really? I think 8 is the least amount of people I've seen. I know next week I have Sunday off so I will be there for everything.
REMINDER.. Please check our calendar for important information about next Sunday night. In short, we take four Sundays off every year:
  1. Super Bowl
  2. Memorial Day weekend
  3. Labor Day weekend
  4. Closest Sunday to Christmas
If you have an idea for a special event for next Sunday night, please post it on the thread. The idea that gets the most interest wins.

Ready, set.. GO!

REMINDER.. Please check our calendar for important information about next Sunday night. In short, we take four Sundays off every year:
  1. Super Bowl
  2. Memorial Day weekend
  3. Labor Day weekend
If you have an idea for a special event for next Sunday night, please post it on the thread. The idea that gets the most interest wins.

Ready, set.. GO!

I believe @JLBowler will be doing an oval event again. At least I hope so.

Edited: I'm up for putting it together. Will test cars for the return of SNAIL oval racing and announce car/track on Saturday. See two posts down for link to sign up. You must sign up in advance as the format requires it.

Last edited:
  1. Super Bowl
  2. Memorial Day weekend
  3. Labor Day weekend

Ready, set.. GO!

My vote goes to a @JLBowler Oval Event like earlier this year....

EDIT: oops...Ninja'd by the man himself

Yesterday race was fun. I'm so happy that in actual race, I'm 2 seconds faster than my normal practice in the GTR and consistent through the whole race and finished 3rd which is first time ever for me. I also did 7 seconds improvement on the SPA. What is interesting is that I have little to no practice this week. I came in this week with no expectation whatever except being last so I'm very calm knowing myself going to lose anyways. Somehow I BEAT MYSELF by seconds.

My hypothesis from this learning experience is that: Calm and cool head = faster driving! Seriously!!!

Back