◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
The oval race for this Sunday has 28 drivers signed up in just under 24 hours since it was announced. Keep 'em coming. For those that ran last time, I'm tweaking the scheduling for the night so that any down time will be less than it was in May.

A little down time is good...I need time to reload my beer. :cheers:

Oshawa-Joe said
My vote for Prize A is the Shelby GT350 '65 on Sport Med at Madrid Reverse.

Reverse? What planet are you on? :P

Nothing wrong with the combo, however, that first chicane will have the IR Form filled up quickly. Unlike Ascari, there is only room for one through there. If you miss - you are nose to the wall until the field clears.... haha - or even worse - two or three cars may get stuck and block everybody else.

So far we had two good choices!

We have raced Madrid Reverse a few times in various SNAIL mixed division events and it hasn't been an issue. People will need to be respectful and get pass done well before the corner instead of trying kamikazi late braking passes. No room for error at the bottom.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the F1 race this weekend with Rosberg trying to get the crap hanging off the antennae? It was literally hitting him in the helmet while driving. If his team mate wasn't such a dip wad they could have finished 1/2 but noooo....

Becoming a big Ricciardo fan...love that guy.

Last edited:
Results Summary for D5 - 8/24/14

Pole Honors
Combo 1 @jimeez 1:59.148
Combo 2 @jimeez 1:23.779
Combo 3 @CoachMK21 2:20.218

Race Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 - Total Race: 12:02.490

Gold @jimeez
Silver @JJLopez427
Bronze @CoachMK21

Combo 1
Race 2 - Total Race: 12:17.069

Gold @CoachMK21
Silver @MajorBlixem
Bronze @goofytyler

Combo 2
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:24.014

Gold @jimeez
Silver @ExoSphere64
Bronze @Scott G

Combo 2
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:31.477

Gold @USERID_77a23
Silver @ExoSphere64
Bronze @Handlebar

Combo 3
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:43.402

Gold @CoachMK21
Silver @ExoSphere64
Bronze @jimeez

Combo 3
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:51.869

Gold @MajorBlixem
Silver @jimeez
Bronze @CoachMK21

Fast Lap Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 @CoachMK21 1:59.066
Race 2 @CoachMK21 1:59.553

Combo 2
Race 1 @ExoSphere64 1:23.706
Race 2 @ExoSphere64 1:24.243

Combo 3
Race 1 @CoachMK21 2:19.799
Race 2 @CoachMK21 2:20.245

Congrats to @jimeez for the overall win breaking a tie with @CoachMK21

Did anyone see the F1 race this weekend with Hamilton trying to get the crap hanging off the antennae? It was literally hitting him in the helmet while driving. If his team mate wasn't such a dip wad they could have finished 1/2 but noooo....

Small correction... it was Rosberg with the crap on his antenna and Hamilton is the dip

Did anyone see the F1 race this weekend with Hamilton trying to get the crap hanging off the antennae? It was literally hitting him in the helmet while driving. If his team mate wasn't such a dip wad they could have finished 1/2 but noooo....

I love the way he always has a huge smile, he's doing much better than Vettel this year as well. Rosberg, ugh, what can you say, just bad all around for Mercedes this weekend. Rosberg was the one that had...whatever it was, stuck to the antenna, Hamilton was in the backfield the whole race asking to retire :(

Edit: Why is Hamilton a dip? I thought it was pretty clear it was all Rosberg's fault, he certainly wasn't gonna pull off a pass there. On Sky they were even talking about "The Golden Rule".

Actually, Sire - it was on Rosberg's antenna
But your closing statement was Pure Truth.

Haha - everybody has an opinion. Mine is that Hammie is the cry baby and he makes a lot of mistakes when the pressure builts up. Agree he is a faster driver overall, but he takes more risk (his pass on Verne in Hungary....), but you have to stay on the track to win or score decent points. He is as much to blame as Rosberg for the incident at SPA. In snail racing I have come to learn not to put your car where you might get hurt, even if it is not your fault - e.g. at the start of the race - if you go on the outside of the first hairpin - don't be surprized if you end up on the grass....

Haha - everybody has an opinion. Mine is that Hammie is the cry baby and he makes a lot of mistakes when the pressure builts up. Agree he is a faster driver overall, but he takes more risk (his pass on Verne in Hungary....), but you have to stay on the track to win or score decent points. He is as much to blame as Rosberg for the incident at SPA. In snail racing I have come to learn not to put your car where you might get hurt, even if it is not your fault - e.g. at the start of the race - if you go on the outside of the first hairpin - don't be surprized if you end up on the grass....
I agree everyone has their opinion, and I agree with you on a lot of points about Hamilton, but not about the incident at Spa, lol. I agree about learning to not put your car where you might get hurt, but this was on the 2nd lap and Hamilton easily had the lead and the line. I can't believe I am defending Hamilton, but after watching this a few more times just now, I just don't think Hamilton was in any way to blame for the incident and that Rosberg should have backed out a little sooner, even Toto and Nikki said it.

I think that the Belgian audience godsmacked Roseburg's attitude. You never want to see a driver treated that way but, something had to give.

@Biebs74 I'm not referring to HAM just at Spa. That's my overall opinion. I agree ROS may have been able to avoid the incident but looking at HAM season (and career).. he always comes across as the cry baby
I agree with you completely on that, even on Sunday he was on the radio several times wanting to throw in the towel, and it seems like every race he's on the radio complaining about something.

Sorry I haven't got the Data Entry in I have been away from my PS3 the while day. Have been getting ready for High School

Back