• 147,781 comments
Race of Champions
August Season
August 29, 2014
9:30 pm ET

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D7, D6, D5, D4, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 drivers + 1 host (@Wolfsatz or @CoachMK21)

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (275)
2- @Nicktune (241.2)
alt1- @dgaf95integra (239) [IN via @Daniel Setili being out]
alt7- @ptslopoke (239)

Division 2
3- @Xradkins (220.1) - A & H
4- @Dragonwhisky (197)
alt6- @JLBowler (175)

Division 3
5- @Daniel Setili (238)
6- @turnupdaheat (229)
alt4- @AJKVail (221)

Division 4
7- @chevron (255.2) - A & H
8- @SGETI (255.1)
alt3- @Grandpa Money (225)

Division 5
9- @CoachMK21 (239.1) - B & C
10- @jimeez (236.2) - C & H
alt2- @JJLopez427 (226) [IN via @Dragonwhisky being out]

Division 6
11- @Rockhound18 (240)
12- @euclid58 (239) - G & H
alt5- @Jakedog23 (216)

Division 7
13- @BayouSimDrifter (261.2) - C & E
14- @SHOCKY_WELL (253)
AL1- @aerolite (252) - E & H

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Driver Selection Process:
1- (14) Top 2 in each division
2- (1) Three At-Large Bids (AL) - Highest season point total of a non-top 2 driver (can not be from same division)

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- First non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month
2- Second non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection

1- GTR-GT500 Base Model '08 at Suzuka Circuit (all 4 weeks)
--- 518HP / PP 584 / RH tires

VOTE for 2 (TWO) of the following:
Do not vote for two combos that contain a shared half. i.e., Do not vote for the VW GTI at Spa AND the Corvette at Spa.

A- Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 at Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca - 2
--- 604HP / PP 602 / RH tires

B- Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT '14 @ Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 1
--- 578HP / PP 616 / SS tires

C- Lotus Elise 111R '04 at Daytona Superspeedway - 3
--- 203HP / PP 447 / SH tires

D- Art Morrison Corvette '60 at Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
--- 564HP / PP 541 / SS tires

E- Renault Sport Megane RS Trophy '11 at Ascari Full Track - 2
--- 274HP / PP 447 / SH tires

F- Lotus Elise 111R '04 at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow
--- 203HP / PP 447 / SH tires

G- RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 at Fuji Speedway F - 1
--- 337HP / PP 512 / RH tires

H- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow - 5
--- 476HP / PP 533 / SS tires

I will continue to update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision and / or vote.

B E look forward

Where do we save replays and how can i access them? Or even better, do we have any replay on youtube? I would like to watch the replays to learn and improve. Thanks.

Where do we save replays and how can i access them? Or even better, do we have any replay on youtube? I would like to watch the replays to learn and improve. Thanks.

You should be saving your replays each Sunday. If you don't have the replays, or wish to watch replays from another division, you could contact another driver that has the replays and have them push a copy to their google drive, if they have one set up, share it with you, then you can download and import them to GT for viewing. Replays on youtube are not interactive and are limited as to how much you can learn from them.

You should be saving your replays each Sunday. If you don't have the replays, or wish to watch replays from another division, you could contact another driver that has the replays and have them push a copy to their google drive, if they have one set up, share it with you, then you can download and import them to GT for viewing. Replays on youtube are not interactive and are limited as to how much you can learn from them.

Thanks for your response. I saved replays in my division. I would like to have the replays from other divisions. Anyone would like to share them with me for learning purpose, please PM me? I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your response. I saved replays in my division. I would like to have the replays from other divisions. Anyone would like to share them with me for learning purpose, please PM me? I really appreciate it.

Send me a pm and I can help you out with instructions and the files themselves. Note that I won't be able to do so until later this evening, maybe not until after wed night race car series practice as well.

Note that you'll need a USB memory stick or other FAT32 formatted USB drive to connect to the ps3. If not, I could make a video of certain combos of interest and share with you.

I'll share a few thoughts in the pm with you as well, with regards to this specific "training" method.

Another good option is to attend thurs night practice. I usually gain significant time for Sunday watching those replays.

They could be sort of "interactive" but thats a ton of work and requiers one of those recording devices

Record every driver in every view
edit virtual buttons into the clip and properly link them in the youtube editor

Probably takes half a day or entire day to do it, but would have been too cool.

I believe that @kcheeb or @Dragonwhisky Did something like that several months ago.

There was a D1 very very very fast, Then incrementally slower the other divisions. It was very surprising how close divisions two through four were in that scenario. It may have been even a year ago but it was very illuminating.

I believe that @kcheeb or @Dragonwhisky Did something like that several months ago.

There was a D1 very very very fast, Then incrementally slower the other divisions. It was very surprising how close divisions two through four were in that scenario. It may have been even a year ago but it was very illuminating.

I don't recall whereof you speak Handlebar. Since I don't remember it, it either, must not have been me involved, or, it didn't happen at all. Basically, links or it didn't happen. :sly:

I don't recall whereof you speak Handlebar. Since I don't remember it, it either, must not have been me involved, or, it didn't happen at all. Basically, links or it didn't happen. :sly:
you talking about this

So... if *I* didn't link it, but someone else did... it 'virtually happened (14 months ago).'

Last edited:
Found this a little bit ago while grinding the red bull races for credits, #8, and couldn't help but laugh, thought I'd share with any other geeks/nerds out there.
Heisenberg.jpg

Back