◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Oh dear God, this is the first cassette I bought (in 4thgrade...)
511FW88A84L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Lololololol.

No regrets tho, it got me into electronic, which led to industrial and the heavy/weird shiz I've listened to for the rest of my life...

Edit: plus euro babes!!! Yeah!!! :eek:

Oh dear God, this is the first cassette I bought (in 4thgrade...)
511FW88A84L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Lololololol.

No regrets tho, it got me into electronic, which led to industrial and the heavy/weird shiz I've listened to for the rest of my life...

Edit: plus euro babes!!! Yeah!!! :eek:
if i posted the first album that i bought you wouldnt feel so bad.....

Edit: Listening to Ace of Base right now

I have no idea. Also, what are the combos for this Sunday?
Click here for details on this Sunday's event and click here to know why we're having a special event.

For next Sunday's combos, one combo is staying, one combo is is changing, and one combo is being replaced entirely. We're waiting on @Xradkins to decide which of the suggested combos (suggested by D2 drivers) he is going to choose.

#STBT Topic - What was the first album you remember buying?

Mine was a Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet cassette. I was nine years old and I couldn't stop singing Livin' on a Prayer :lol:

66d1e1322d932c263d61e42f8b816c0f.jpg

(not my picture)
I had bought a couple of 8 track cassettes (to listen to in dad's van) and some 45's, but this was my first actual "album" I bought. Wonder my sense of humour is a bit warped:crazy:
Zappa.jpg

My official D2 vote for Prize A.

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (415pp w/ oil change) at SSR5 full. Car has NEVER been used in SNAIL and can't remember the last time this track has been used.

I've never won a single solitary prize. So here is my quirky yet challenging vote. Ignore at will...but try it first ;)

@Xradkins

This is the closest I have ever come to winning a Prize...being able to vote for one. That's pretty sad.

My vote for Prize A is the Shelby GT350 '65 on Sport Med at Madrid Reverse.

My suggestion for Prize A is the Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 at High Speed Ring (Forward).

@Xradkins

PRIZE A SUGGESTION

Toyota SUPRA RZ '97 @ Nurburgring GP/F
Dealer PP471

@Xradkins
Prize A suggestion - Abarth 500 '09, Dealer PP 371 @ Autumn Ring Mini.

@Xradkins
Prize A Suggestion: WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna on Silverstone International Circuit
Dealer PP 551 (RH Tyres) Weight 455Kg
(No painting or numbering unfortunately)
Cr 1,000,000 but it is free if you get it through the Senna Challenge
After Oil
PP 559
HP 172
Estimated lap times: 1:05.xxx for the snaliens. 1:11.xxx if you miss a few brake points an turn-ins
10 Laps of wheel to wheel racing will be approx 11:30 to 11:50
5 min of Qually

@Xradkins These are your choices. It's been over two days since the results were posted and these are the suggestions.

It's the typical Thursday lull.. Let's see if we can change that!

Introducing #STBT (SNAILThrowbackThursday) :lol:

STBT Rules:
  1. Anyone can start a topic.. as long as it's Thursday
  2. You have to include a picture (or video) with your STBT post
  3. Stay on topic - don't post a picture of "your first girlfriend" if the topic is "your first car" (unless your first car was your first girlfriend.. :odd:)
I'll give everyone five minutes to start the first STBT topic. If nobody does, I'll start one. :)

Here's one for you. But it's a very recent throwback! :)

I joined GTPlanet back in 2009 when I was informed of the site by 2 guys (1 an American, the other Portuguese) whom I met in an online lobby playing a game called Ferrari Challenge. We became friends and raced against each other regularly and the group began to grow. We raced with guys from all over (USA, Canada, Brazil, Ireland, England, Finland, Germany, Holland and Portugal) and graduated through different games like Supercar Challenge, Superstars V8 Racing and onto GT5.

Over the last couple of years alot of the guys have moved on, some to the likes iRacing, others to trackday driving and yet others to God knows where and we don't hear from most of them. But, as it happens, I have stayed in touch with the 2 GTP guys that I originally met and we share our stories of trackday driving and, in the case of my Portuguese friend Mario, hillclimb competing.

Mario is a big fan of Morgans and he owns and competes in a Morgan Plus 4 so when I heard of the launch of the Morgan 3 wheeler

brooklands1_zps3b1dcc15.jpg

I immediately thought of Mario and how he'd love that and, well, I was right. Towards the end of last year he informed me he was buying one! 👍

Not only that, he also told me that the plan was to collect the car, at the Morgan factory, and bring it on a roadtrip home which included a visit to Ireland to meet up with me!

To cut a long story short, we met up the week before last and I got to drive the craziest and most fun car I've ever driven! As you can see from the following photo, Mario fits into it better than I do! :lol:

DSC_0065.jpg

Personally, I just think it's brilliant that people with a common interest in online racing can meet up and forge long lasting friendships and I certainly feel that in my relatively short time as a member of SNAIL that similar friendships are evolving.

I'd like to formally request to join. This looks like a fantastic league to be part of! Let me know what to do to fulfill the time trial requirements and I'll take care of it. Thanks!

@brendan7_

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

You guys and all your sweet music. I just bought some albums yesterday. Technically not a throwback but the first album was released in '66 and the second is a remastered one that was out in '11
image.jpg

image.jpg

And then we have the music that makes up most of my playlist on my phone. The rest is on iTunes.
image.jpg

Thats kinda crazy, as I'm taking a pic of a Zappa album to post you're posting this at the same time, and both albums released in "72!
That is funny. 'Another Band From LA' is a Live album for the Fillmore West with Flo And Eddie and 'Apostrophe' is a studio album without Flo and Eddie but with Captain Beefheart. I have everything Zappa released. Even some bootlegs from concerts he did in Europe. He was more popular in Europe than the US.

I just finished my first race with the brand new MAZADASPEED series from the UK. It is an independent series for MX5s raced in the same form as the SCCA MX5 Series. Very low key but an awesome learners series as it is true spec and "slow" enough to allow the average or new driver to hone and improve his skills. I have constantly asked why SNAIL does not have a beginners series and I always get a head fake as the answer.

The owner is a rookie...and is "feeling" his way. We only got 8 for the first weekend. It runs 2300 GMT (5 pm central ) on Tuesdays so there is no conflict with ANY series that I know of.

The owner is favorably disposed to a future NA Room and runoffs after each season. My internet will not allow me to host but if someone out there in SNAIL is interested PM me and we will see what we can do.

But right now we need non Alien drivers to fill the field as the most important aspect of MX5 racing is door handle to door handle racing...and to do that you need.....door handles (attached to cars :crazy:).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mazdaspeed-miata-spec-racing-sh-limited-tuning.314212/

It is VERY IMPORTANT that all understand that this series can be announced on this thread because I cleared it with @zer05ive. His approval was based on the fact that it does not conflict with or compete with any existing SNAIL Series.( I would love to see it become a SNAIL Beginners Series limited by Division but time will tell.)

Back