◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Random question to wheel users about driving the high powered LMP cars. Which ones stock are relatively easy to maintain control of? The Bentley Speed 8 is really good, but what others are?

I used the Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 for the events that required it in career mode. It was pretty easy to handle. I just adjusted gearing for each track and left everything else stock.

Almost forgot. Happy TueZday!

nissan-370z-nismo.jpg

Notification of Changes of Penalty Settings

At the start of the April season, division 2 and 3 started racing with penalties turned off. This was done as a testing ground to see if our other divisions should follow suit. After five seasons it has been determined that we are moving on to phase 2 of the process and penalties will be turned off for divisions 4 and 5 beginning with the September season.

Phase 3 of the process will be to trickle the change down to all of our divisions as long as we don't run into any major problems as we move down the divisional ladder. Assuming that we have a successful run in D4 and D5, D6 can expect to start running with penalties off as early as the October season. D7 and D8 would then follow suit in the following months.

The reasoning behind opening this up to two divisions right now is that over half of D4 was in D3 and they are already used to running with penalties off so it should be a very easy transition for them.

The main differences between penalties on and off are two fold. First, the game will not penalize for shortcutting so it will be up to the drivers to police themselves and the fellow drivers if shortcutting is going on. Use the IR process and let the stewards do their job. The second is that cars will no longer ghost when there is contact. This will require drivers to be more aware of what is going on around them. With penalties on, ghosting can save a driver who is not paying attention. With penalties off, it will be up to the driver to be responsible for their actions on track without the safety net of ghosting.

Last edited:
I guess I'm allowed to answer because the movie is older than I am...

WarGames. (1984) Love it!

Another similar type of movie from the same era, that I also really enjoyed (this one from my birth year, 1986) - The Manhattan Project. Who knows that one? Pretty tense buildup just like WarGames. There's also a great trivia bit to the # associated with that tense moment at the end...

It was a good one. Matthew Broderick in his hey day.

This is 68180. It appears to be a slow game, much like the computers of the era in the movie referenced above. For bonus points, does anyone know the name of the movie? nmcp, you can't play since you obviously know.
Is it wargames?

I think I am in the right place but if not someone tell me where to go.I received a random message several days ago asking me to come join the SNAIL league. I think I would like to accept that invitation. So if this is the spot my PSN ID is jeremy6strings. TY

I think I am in the right place but if not someone tell me where to go.I received a random message several days ago asking me to come join the SNAIL league. I think I would like to accept that invitation. So if this is the spot my PSN ID is jeremy6strings. TY

@jeremy6strings

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

It was a good one. Matthew Broderick in his hey day.

This is 68180. It appears to be a slow game, much like the computers of the era in the movie referenced above. For bonus points, does anyone know the name of the movie? nmcp, you can't play since you obviously know.

Wargames

wgames.jpeg

DesertPenguin09, post: 10037894, member: 246781"]Random question to wheel users about driving the high powered LMP cars. Which ones stock are relatively easy to maintain control of? The Bentley Speed 8 is really good, but what others are?
The peugot 908 HDi FAP. I love this car.

would like to join thanks

@mach3001

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Hi, I'd like to join. Thanks!

@dexatron

So I had my first go with the new combos for this week, gotta say I like em , Still can't get comfortable in the VW @ Spa but I'll keep at it . The Camaro @ Indy will be tons o fun and the Shelby Series One @ High Speed Ring will be fun too , I really like that car .. Good job prize winners !!

Hello,
I received a message about joing SNAIL, and would like to take this opportunity to join up. My PSN is Draxom84, I eagerly await your reply.

@ESettlemyer

I don't know how I managed to do it, but my managers approved my availability switch for Sunday, the busiest day of the week. I now have it set so I can't work past 8:30pm EST. This way I have time to get home, take care of some things, and get ready for racing. So with this and Wednesdays off I am in the Race Car Series, I'm in two SNAIL series full time. This feels good. How do most of you others manage to race almost every night of the week? Work from home? Older guys are retired?

Edit: The availability change starts the work of October 5th. For the September season we'll have to be lucky.

Notification of Changes of Penalty Settings

At the start of the April season, division 2 and 3 started racing with penalties turned off. This was done as a testing ground to see if our other divisions should follow suit. After five seasons it has been determined that we are moving on to phase 2 of the process and penalties will be turned off for divisions 4 and 5 beginning with the September season.

Phase 3 of the process will be to trickle the change down to all of our divisions as long as we don't run into any major problems as we move down the divisional ladder. Assuming that we have a successful run in D4 and D5, D6 can expect to start running with penalties off as early as the October season. D7 and D8 would then follow suit in the following months.

The reasoning behind opening this up to two divisions right now is that over half of D4 was in D3 and they are already used to running with penalties off so it should be a very easy transition for them.

The main differences between penalties on and off are two fold. First, the game will not penalize for shortcutting so it will be up to the drivers to police themselves and the fellow drivers if shortcutting is going on. Use the IR process and let the stewards do their job. The second is that cars will no longer ghost when there is contact. This will require drivers to be more aware of what is going on around them. With penalties on, ghosting can save a driver who is not paying attention. With penalties off, it will be up to the driver to be responsible for their actions on track without the safety net of ghosting.
I think all divisions should be the same, the sooner the better I say. When everyone realizes there could be consequences to risky moves they will think twice. 👍

I don't know how I managed to do it, but my managers approved my availability switch for Sunday, the busiest day of the week. I now have it set so I can't work past 8:30pm EST. This way I have time to get home, take care of some things, and get ready for racing. So with this and Wednesdays off I am in the Race Car Series, I'm in two SNAIL series full time. This feels good. How do most of you others manage to race almost every night of the week? Work from home? Older guys are retired?

Edit: The availability change starts the work of October 5th. For the September season we'll have to be lucky.

my work gave me sunday and monday off so therefore i can be here every week, but sometimes on sundays i have plans so i just dont race

I think all divisions should be the same, the sooner the better I say. When everyone realizes there could be consequences to risky moves they will think twice. 👍

Serving as a steward and watching the replays from the lower divisions with ghosting enabled is the reason for going one division at a time. Some drivers that are racing with penalties on either don't know where their car ends and someone else's begins or they don't care. I don't want to think of the spike in IR's if we changed it for everyone at the same time so it will occur in phases.

Back