Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. socalnatv

socalnatv

If you didn't catch the small print in one of Dragons most resident TOPP's, yesterday was the two year anniversary of his first race in SNAIL.
    I want to congratulate him on his second gold star, and say thanks for all he has done and is doing to make this league what it is today:cheers:.

Well done sir.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    zer05ive, aerolite, Rednose58 and 6 others like this.
  2. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

No doubt there will be an advert released some time in the near future depicting Ronaldo kicking the ball and Button neatly flicking it with the MC-12's rear quarter panel accurately into some sort of target. They'll make it look like it happened on the first attempt too! :lol:

Jakedog23 likes this.
  3. LTRigby

LTRigby

My bad @)

4. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Boy howdy, you went digging for that. So, I went digging for yours.

Man that feels so "way back in the day".

5. Roman_SPQR

Roman_SPQR

Got to give some brother love for the victory

zer05ive and LLOYDZELITE69 like this.
  6. fzappa

fzappa Premium

Turning on the 'way back machine'

I requested to join on page 52, post 1557, on March 10, 2012.

That's 68197 posts and 718 pages ago. Boy has this league grown:eek:

Congrats, @Dragonwhisky on two years and I also want to thank you for all that you've done to help this league:cheers:

7. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Since everybody is feeling nostalgic. I joined this league in January with the intention on learning my wheel much better. Still having a hard time gauging my progress as I feel I have stayed way to consistent. Hopefully by my one year mark I will see some more improvement in my speed. Just want to thank the people that have helped unknowingly @chatva (for having constant speed) & @USERID_77a23 (knowing when to follow and when to pass)

zer05ive, USERID_77a23 and chatva like this.
  8. Rednose58

Rednose58

I bet you have improved. Do the Snail Time Trial on your own from time to time to see if you are more consistent and getting faster.... but DON'T post the results on the forum

Sometimes I go back to license tests, or my favourite, Goodwood Hillclimb and see if I can improve on previous times.

9. Wardenclyffe

Wardenclyffe Premium

I fear this Friday night Concourse Car Club announcement may have been missed over the holiday weekend. The inaugural run at this special event will take place this Friday, September 5 at 9:30 PM Eastern. Combo 2, the Ferrari GTO, needs a community vote on the track we'll use and there are only a handful of tracks where the car won't bounce off the redline due to its extremely low gearing and high HP. Details:
    Combo 1
    Abarth 1952 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 Concept (Pebble Beach Award 2010) on Comfort Soft, 305 PP & 77 HP after oil change (no dealer info: "--")
    Madrid Reverse - 5 laps

Combo 2
    Ferrari 1961 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 on Sports Medium, 461 PP & 288 HP after oil change (454 PP & 276 HP in dealership)
    Track TBD; choose from:
    Eiger Nordwand Short (Forward or Reverse)
    Brands Hatch '80s GP
    Trial Mountain
    Twin Ring Motegi East
    Autumn Ring
    Tsukuba

Combo 3
    Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 on Racing Hard, 494 PP & 177 HP after oil change (486 PP & 169 HP in dealership)
    Spa-Francorchamps - 4 laps

zer05ive, Handlebar and euclid58 like this.
  10. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Well I looked back to find that I had joined on 7/24/12
    and found that @Schmiggz joined 7/26/12
    and found that @TEX36 joined on 7/27/12

We three sure been racin a long time together, even before SNIAL!

zer05ive, TEX36 and nmcp1 like this.
  11. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

I want to join but I don't have time to grind the credits needed, and I moved plans with a friend to Friday night so I can't make it anyway. But I really wanted to. I swear.

12. jeremy6strings

jeremy6strings (Banned)

:dunce: I guess this is the only thing i could find that I did not do was the little guy with the hat. I did everything else and I am awaiting placement.After Completing the Quiz on Racecraft and after Completing the entry tt at Laguna Seca, I even completed the car color and number registration.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  13. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

It doesn't matter how many different time trials you submit, if you don't submit your PSN ID correctly, you won't be placed. Please PM me your correct PSN ID so I can add you to the necessary documents and place you in a division.

14. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Budz, put another year before snail :gtpflag:

chatva likes this.
  15. dexatron

dexatron

Hi JL, I'm new to the PS3, I went to playstation.com and sign in with my email , my userid when I log in is 'dexxy', is that what you are looking for?

Thanks!

zer05ive likes this.
  16. nmcp1

nmcp1

Isn't that considered common-law marriage in some states???!! Hmmm.. :lol:

17. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

That is what I'm looking for. Thank you.

18. Rednose58

Rednose58

I made this suggestion as a wishful future feature in GT6. Please go there and like it if you like it...

GTP_Nobby, TEX36 and CoachMK21 like this.
  19. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

I'm looking forward to this and my combo 2 track vote goes to Brands Hatch '80s.

20. Roman_SPQR

Roman_SPQR

For the next 3 rounds, what is the hp limit for the Shelby, Camaro and GTI

21. Rednose58

Rednose58

Combos.png

Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 335HP
    Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 604HP
    Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT 578HP

zer05ive, Roman_SPQR and CoachMK21 like this.
  22. flesxruoyxllik

flesxruoyxllik

Great, just got a G27, and wanted to resubmit my time trial as I am never going back to controller. I will run some laps when I get home.

23. GTP_Vertigo

GTP_Vertigo

SNAIL SPEC MIATA testing 1472-6681-3415-7082-9871

zer05ive and RobbiefromBC like this.
  24. XR_RACER_11

XR_RACER_11

I would like to participate in the Sunday races

25. nmcp1

nmcp1

@XR_RACER_11

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

fzappa and zer05ive like this.
  26. XR_RACER_11

XR_RACER_11

Thank you very much nmcp !

27. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

I think the VW could beat the SS...feels like it anyway.

reigninblood likes this.
  28. USERID_77a23

USERID_77a23

I very much appreciate the kind words , that is something I truely work on everyday. (probably to a fault...lol) Always fun racing around you as well ...see ya on the track

29. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

Just read that an new update is due next week to include a new track.... hope they fix the server issues as well. Lol

30. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Keep hoping.

"Expect Little to change" - it is the PD way.