◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
Tonight's SNAIL Concourse Car Club was a ton of fun thanks to everyone who came out and raced clean and hard. We'll definitely do it again, though a minimum of six weeks out from now. We decided to keep another part of the Sunday night model, in that we're keeping one combo in the next event: the Alfa at Spa. The one we ran tonight was perhaps the best two-race combo of my GT6 online career in that it was incredibly close and well-driven all the way around. We also agreed that the Lambo Miura ought to be in the next event, and we'd figure out the track and the third combo along the way. If you have suggestions for either the track for the Miura or the third combo please do jump into the conversation.

Sorry for my lateness
Been busy with some other stuff lately
Didnt even snap a pic to have 3 diffrent colors
So i took the posted pics ... r1 and r2 pictures by @DesertPenguin09

View attachment 218808 View attachment 218809 View attachment 218810

Also, i will probably not be racing this sunday.
l may need to get out early so no 3am gaming for me lol.
You flipped the first picture! I was trying to figure out what turn that was and then I saw the license plate. Hehe. Looks good, that and the othere one. I was hoping it would show the car and the long straight of Indy but it still looks cool.

Miura at 80s Monza. I'd love it if they added more configurations for tracks that have changed over the years. Like a 60s/70s faster more dangerous track, and the modern revised versions.

...nice..Super Cub?
Always wanted to be a bush pilot !!

Meet my best friend of all time....

This was the Bird...I was a FAC (Forward Air Controller in SEA, Korea, and in Europe)...California still uses these as Fire Control Ships...they control the fire crews and the retardant drops like we used to control fighters. The OV, also known as the Bronco, was an absolute hoot to fly.

OV over the trail cc.jpg

Photo taken of a squadron mate over the Ho Chi Min Trail in late spring of 72

This was the job..
not a staged photo...just a lucky one. The FAC is re-marking the target with a 2.75 inch willey pete (white phosphorous) smoke rocket, as the lead F-100, just finishing strafing his run, streaks by.

OV-10 & F-100.jpg

uncredited photo from SVN (or even possibly at Eglin AFB in Florida) as the OV has no drop tank attached.

This was the kid at the time..no common sense what so ever...can't believe they actually paid me. They actually gave me an OV loaded with rockets and strafe, with a 230 drop tank, patted me on the fanny and told me to come back in five hours...well there was a bit more to it....but still very stimulating work. 1972 and 1973 are the ONLY years that I NEVER saw a race...hell I didn't even know who won the world championship until Autoweek caught up with me after the hostilities ended.

Ned Helm tiger  shot  NKP 1973.jpg

This is what we called a "Tiger Shot"...everyone took one with their a/c....usually one with their name painted on 'em.
We used a static call sign for our entire year long tour. In combat I was Rustic 15, and for the second tour in peacetime I was Nail-27.

I still want your cub!!!!!!

EDIT: I thank God every day that I was a MUCH better pilot than a race car driver. :P

Last edited:
Sorry for my lateness
Been busy with some other stuff lately
Didnt even snap a pic to have 3 diffrent colors
So i took the posted pics ... r1 and r2 pictures by @DesertPenguin09

View attachment 218808 View attachment 218809 View attachment 218810

Also, i will probably not be racing this sunday.
l may need to get out early so no 3am gaming for me lol.
Thanks for the banners! Unfortunately I won't be able to update the lineup post until later. I'm on a road trip and GTP12 doesn't allow large posts to be edited from phones (at least not my phone :confused:)

Does anyone else with a large post have any issues editing it from a phone or mobile device? (while on a mobile broadband connection). When I hit the 'Edit' button, nothing happens..

Thanks for the banners! Unfortunately I won't be able to update the lineup post until later. I'm on a road trip and GTP12 doesn't allow large posts to be edited from phones (at least not my phone :confused:)

Does anyone else with a large post have any issues editing it from a phone or mobile device? (while on a mobile broadband connection). When I hit the 'Edit' button, nothing happens..
I had an issue like this once, then I realized I just needed to scroll down.

...nice..Super Cub?
Always wanted to be a bush pilot !!

1942 J5 Cub Cruiser, gone now, got traded for an Acrosport II biplane. I just liked that pic.
Gonna build this for myself (instead of others) one of these days:A Super Cub on steroids. Bearhawk Patrol.
IMG_1363.JPG

I've always thought the OV was a very cool plane. Ya must miss those days!

I am really liking this group and people sharing their hobbies, photos, and videos. It's nice to see a couple fellow aviators (I noticed the super cub frame in you garage photo the other day, aerolite). My profile photo was taken during a tour in Bosnia back in '95, the Blackhawk is ours, and the APC belongs to the Norwegians we were stationed with, awesome group of people. I love anything that flies, but thanks to the Army my heart has always been in rotary wing aircraft. I've been up in everything from a Robinson to this monstrosity, the Russian Mi-26 Halo (Not my photo, but I like this one for the size perspective).
Mi-26.jpg

Is that Halo actually toting a Boeing CH-47 Chinook? If that's what's on the sling anyway?
You are correct, this was taken in Afghanistan back in 2002, carrying a 26,000 lb Chinook off a mountain. The Halo can carry roughly 50,000 lbs total, almost as much as a C-130 Hercules.

Submitted my time trial! Let's see how accurate the division placement will be... I'm gonna guess D4-D5, based on how well I think did vs what i used to see in those divisions. Looking forward to my first Sunday race in a long while!
Glad to see you back. Always great door to door racing against you. Good luck wherever you land.

My trick for posting the welcome messages from my phone is to use Chrome instead of the stock browser. I still use the stock browser for viewing and web surfing but when it comes time for editing posts, Chrome works better. It's still cumbersome and I wouldn't edit large posts from a phone but since I'm just copying and pasting it's bearable. Phone is a Galaxy S3 btw.

That one was from the computer :lol:

l
l
l
l
V

If your still allowing new members I would love to join in on the fun, thx!

@Glowplug007

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Back