◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
I might have claimed 10 shells in the last six months. I just get started doing things and then don't ever get back to claim the shells for doing them.

Right there with you JLBowler. I have over 100 welcome posts to log!

My trick for posting the welcome messages from my phone is to use Chrome instead of the stock browser. I still use the stock browser for viewing and web surfing but when it comes time for editing posts, Chrome works better. It's still cumbersome and I wouldn't edit large posts from a phone but since I'm just copying and pasting it's bearable. Phone is a Galaxy S3 btw.

That one was from the computer :lol:

l
l
l
l
V
Yup, I use Chrome for everything so I don't think it's that. However, I did notice that I only have that problem when all I have is a3G signal. When I'm on 4G LTE, I able to use the edit function on large posts. It's not ideal to edit large posts from a phone, but at least the option is there. 👍

Does anyone here drift with a g27? I've had mine for about 6 months now and I used to do a lot of drifting on gt5 and could really use some guidance on what I'm doing wrong now that I'm on a wheel.
So basically I'm asking anyone free for some drifting tutorials?

Does anyone here drift with a g27? I've had mine for about 6 months now and I used to do a lot of drifting on gt5 and could really use some guidance on what I'm doing wrong now that I'm on a wheel.
find one of my buddies from MCR to help you out

My I've got two pieces of advice. First. Get a few of the usual drifting suspects. Rx7, Silvia, so on, find one that you feel most comfortable with, the one you can get to drift, or close to it. Now, head to the hardware section of this forum, find the stickied post about hidden g27 functions. It will show you how to change your steering ratio. I prefer setting my wheel to 650 for, well, everything now. Anyway, after that, practice a lot. Once you feel you can at least handle the car around a corner, do one mod at a time. I say start with the diff myself. Support mods then power mods. Get the full adjustable, set initial to 5 and the rest to 60. Take it for a sound thrashing and get used to it. Adjust as needed. Next do suspension, just slowly adjust. Then clutch fly wheel and trans, then get the power up to 350-450 HP.
I'm having fun with a 270r Nissan, with only a diff.

Aerolite said...do you miss it....

Every single day. What is really interesting is everytime I see a fighter (note i DID NOT call it a fighter jet...stupid newsy term) I act just like I did when I was a kid...gee I'd like to do that...then I think...oh yeah, I did that. How fast the good moments are gone.

@jnmjeeper

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Just wondering how long should I expect to wait for a pm from JLBowler? Took the Racecraft test, ran the time trial, and was hoping to run Sunday night.

If I have to wait until next week that's fine, I totally understand how much work goes into managing a club/league of this magnitude.

@jnmjeeper as long as you submitted the time trial before the deadline you will receive a pm well before race time. This gives you time to get the friends request out to the right people before time to race.
Ahhh... Probably a pm on the PSN network, huh?

I've been checking my gtplanet inbox.

10-4 Thanks. I'll keep an eye out.
JLBowler will probably send out any notifications for drivers submitting TTs today, tomorrow morning or late tonight, after the deadline for submitting them has expired.

JLBowler will probably send out any notifications for drivers submitting TTs today, tomorrow morning or late tonight, after the deadline for submitting them has expired.

That is the correct answer. The deadline to submit and race this week is 11:59 PM ET tonight. I will place and send messages either just after that deadline or tomorrow morning. Please be aware that I am in the Pacific time zone so what is morning to me may be afternoon to you.

S.N.A.I.L. [Enduro] Racing Season 19 Begins Tonight

94-dtm-norisring.jpg

Tonight S.N.A.I.L. [Enduro] Racing will be debuting our new "class" system, which allows us to expand from everyone running the same car. The "classes" are made up of cars that have raced alongside each other in real life, but have been balanced so that all cars are as close as possible. For Season 19, we are racing a trio of '90s DTM legends; the Alfa Romeo 155, Mercedes Benz 190E, and the Opel Calibra. The race details for tonight are posted below, and to join the league please follow the link below. Friend requests will be sent and accepted until 9:00 ET, and the room will open at 9:30ET

Season 19 Race 1:

Time:
10PM ET

Race Length:
2 Hours with 2 Mandatory Caution Periods(40 & 80 Min. from the start of the race)

Track:
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s

Cars:
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 - 360HP/ 510PP

Opel Calibra Touring Car '94 - 373HP/ 510PP

AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - Evolution II '92 - 390HP/ 524PP

In the event the we exceed the number of drivers for the room, another room will be opened we will split the rooms evenly. The points for the race would be determined then by the finishing time of each driver, as all drivers are scored together.

S.N.A.I.L. [Enduro] Racing Season 19 Begins Tonight

94-dtm-norisring.jpg

Tonight S.N.A.I.L. [Enduro] Racing will be debuting our new "class" system, which allows us to expand from everyone running the same car. The "classes" are made up of cars that have raced alongside each other in real life, but have been balanced so that all cars are as close as possible. For Season 19, we are racing a trio of '90s DTM legends; the Alfa Romeo 155, Mercedes Benz 190E, and the Opel Calibra. The race details for tonight are posted below, and to join the league please follow the link below. Friend requests will be sent and accepted until 9:00 ET, and the room will open at 9:30ET

Season 19 Race 1:

Time:
10PM ET

Race Length:
2 Hours with 2 Mandatory Caution Periods(40 & 80 Min. from the start of the race)

Track:
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s

Cars:
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 - 360HP/ 510PP

Opel Calibra Touring Car '94 - 373HP/ 510PP

AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - Evolution II '92 - 390HP/ 524PP

In the event the we exceed the number of drivers for the room, another room will be opened we will split the rooms evenly. The points for the race would be determined then by the finishing time of each driver, as all drivers are scored together.
Like like like like

Hello folks quick question, got my time trial submitted, however the first car in round one is the Shelby series one supercharged, the banner says it has 335hp yet the only one I can buy only has 319, am I missing something?

Back