◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
okay, hows this. The general population from Panama city to Jacksonville and down Orlando, Daytona then over to Tampa/St. Petersburg and Sarasota are comprised mainly oh us "damn yankees" how moved here from northern states. Although Jax and Tallahassee are both southern bible belt areas, Daytona to Sarasota are like being in "lower New York" as per population. We are a "right to work state" meaning union and non-union have to same rights per job site/field and those of us who work outside enjoy working all year around and wages are comparable to most northern states. Our homes have to adhere to the Dade County specs meaning most houses are built to with stand cat 2 hurricane force winds state wide. Average temps are 75/95 in the summer and 54/78 in the winter. The biggest draw back to living here is that no one has basements and most don't have fire places. All in All I invite anyone to come and visit some part of florida during the winter. I'll bet my left arm you'll second guess yourself when it comes time to go back.

In my case, you'd be losing the arm. Been to FL more than once and if I left a toothbrush there, it can stay. While it isn't precisely the same as Florida, I lived in SoCal for a number of years, both as a child and adult, and the "steady" weather has no draw from me at all. I will give the edge to California in the area of variety however, since you can go surfing in the morning in February and if your of a mind, hit the slopes in the afternoon for some skiing or boarding. I don't know of very many other places in the world where that can be done. All that aside, I prefer 4 seasons, even if I don't really care for shoveling snow from time to time.

also you get in your buggy in the hottest part of the day (95%) and race it up the mountain cross the creek on your way to the snow!

I love Florida and even spent a Christmas and New Years there near Cocoa Beach. Slept through the Storm of the Century in 93 and it didn't bother me one bit. I can deal with snow and extreme cold (worked outside for over 12 years) but c'mon man...sun, sand, surf is what I like. Plus, the coldest winter I've ever spent was a summer in San Francisco. :odd:. Ok, I've never had the pleasure of going to San Fran but I had to say that.

I well remember a ride down HWY 18 out of the San Berdeaux mountains chasing one of these,
1983_Honda_Interceptor_VF750F.jpg

Hwy18SoCal.PNG

on my '81 GS750.
Suzuki%20GS%20750EZ%2082.jpg

He went by me and I spent the rest of the downhill run trying to catch up. Didn't until we hit the bottom and he got stuck at a red light.

I've got some really old celluloid generated pics of that bike. Maybe someday I'll get them scanned in somewhere so I can use it somehow.

@xACE58x

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

@xACE58x

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Division 6 Gallery take two.
HSR
001HSR.jpg

002HSR.jpg

Indy Road Course grid start.
006IRC.jpg

@ExoSphere64 followed by @MajorBlixem , @joe_diben , @Handlebar ,and @GTP_Nobby
005IRC.jpg

That's new member @dexatron leading this group around the speedway.
001IRC.jpg

@joe_diben and @Rockhound18
002IRC.jpg

R1 start at Spa with @Rockhound18 leading into La Source.
006SP.jpg

@Handlebar has the inside line here with @ExoSphere64 , @USERID_77a23 , and @Scott G
007SP.jpg

@goofytyler leads through Eau Rouge in R2.
003SP.jpg

@MajorBlixem at Eau Rouge.
002SP.jpg

Good battle here with @GTP_Nobby and @joe_diben
004SP.jpg

Last edited:
In my case, you'd be losing the arm. Been to FL more than once and if I left a toothbrush there, it can stay. While it isn't precisely the same as Florida, I lived in SoCal for a number of years, both as a child and adult, and the "steady" weather has no draw from me at all. I will give the edge to California in the area of variety however, since you can go surfing in the morning in February and if your of a mind, hit the slopes in the afternoon for some skiing or boarding. I don't know of very many other places in the world where that can be done. All that aside, I prefer 4 seasons, even if I don't really care for shoveling snow from time to time.
Right on. Hey, it's not for everyone. I've lived in many places myself. I was only just trying to make conversation. Lesson learned.

Right on. Hey, it's not for everyone. I've lived in many places myself. I was only just trying to make conversation. Lesson learned.
No lesson to be learned here. You was makin' conversation, so I was conversatin' back. I was just in FL this past February and got to drive a convertible Camaro around Miami for a day. Jumped on a boat and hit the Bahamas for a few days, then dropped back in and putted around southern FL in a Charger for a bit. It wasn't a bad time. Just wasn't something I'd make a point to do again. Still wanting a Camaro though.

Maybe PD could introduce a race track in Canada and we can race these:

Just because it snowed in Calgary yesterday doesn't mean we're a frozen tundra all the time :P

I'd love to try to generate a point to point similar to the Sea to Sky highway from Vancouver to Whistler with the course generator. From the south end, there's long wide open highway sections with long gentle curves, some really fun twisties as you start to go north, then some narrower tighter turns that would link together so well. Great road to drive, amazing views the entire way too.

Coming form one who has been born and raised in Florida. I can tell you it blows. From the 95-97 degree temps with near 100% humidity in the summer, all the retarded drivers who turn their damn flashers on in the rain. If I had the chance to get the hell out of here I would.

No lesson to be learned here. You was makin' conversation, so I was conversatin' back. I was just in FL this past February and got to drive a convertible Camaro around Miami for a day. Jumped on a boat and hit the Bahamas for a few days, then dropped back in and putted around southern FL in a Charger for a bit. It wasn't a bad time. Just wasn't something I'd make a point to do again. Still wanting a Camaro though.
You know the irony of what you had said was exactly what I was thinking about SoCal. I've been to both L.A and San Diego. There are a lot of similarities. Miami is cool. South Beach is crazy. Sebastian inlet has some of the best surfing in Florida. As for mountains, you got me. I'd rather hang out at the 24 hours of Daytona or Sebring. After all hey the first Hooters is still up in Clearwater!

You know the irony of what you had said was exactly what I was thinking about SoCal. I've been to both L.A and San Diego. There are a lot of similarities. Miami is cool. South Beach is crazy. Sebastian inlet has some of the best surfing in Florida. As for mountains, you got me. I'd rather hang out at the 24 hours of Daytona or Sebring. After all hey the first Hooters is still up in Clearwater!

Yep spent many a night in the first hooters. I think I have paid the tuition of many girls in there...

Last night during the Miata races I mentioned that my faithful automobile despising significant other bought me some new driving shoes on amazon.

image.jpg
They are Sebago Denton Driving shoes on amazon for 41 plus tax and free shipping. They, Sebago ( hand sewn in USA) also make the lime rock Driving shoe which appears to be identical except no tightening cord with cute bow. The rawhide cord actually has a function it snugs the shoe....but in a real car it would be a disaster just looking for the most inopportune moment to happen. Gee I can't understand why she suddenly got me these ( the day after I wore the somewhat worn ones to friends house to pick her up.)

Soles are interesting but function well.
image.jpg

@Falango It is a nice stretch of highway... Until you get caught in traffic at the ferry terminals! The fastest I've gone through there was a constant buck 40 in an old Chev Panel van with my grandpa in the passenger seat, then we hit Lions bay and had to slow down :P

Coming form one who has been born and raised in Florida. I can tell you it blows. From the 95-97 degree temps with near 100% humidity in the summer, all the retarded drivers who turn their damn flashers on in the rain. If I had the chance to get the hell out of here I would.

If you are anywhere near Tampa just give me a shout and I'll smuggle you to the Georgia line in my Expedition where @kendawg can take over and smuggle you to the next state...and so on...until you get where you need to go :)

If you are anywhere near Tampa just give me a shout and I'll smuggle you to the Georgia line in my Expedition where @kendawg can take over and smuggle you to the next state...and so on...until you get where you need to go :)

I am in the Bay area. But I need work to get out of FL. Race cars and going fast have me hooked.

So I was skimming the GT6 app...and besides it being a decent car database and info...the other section of the app has a crap load of info about cars, physics and tuning in general. I just skimmed a couple pages but dang it's really detailed...check it out if you have a ton of time. I might actually read it someday...

Back