◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
Hi guys, I'll probably want to run in a Red Practice Room tomorrow night. Do I need to have someone on my friends list to do so?

:P
Hi Drive Angry. You are very welcome to this racing community but I have to ask you one big favor... Don't drive angry in our events, please. :P[/QUOTE

Schmiggz lol sure won't very clean driver always have been and always will be. So now that I've done the Mazda Seca time trial with the scion fr-s and did the racecraft test so where do I go next so I can participate this Sunday with y'all I'm in Arizona 630pm right?

Last edited:
@DRIVE_ANGRY , please don't take this as more than friendly, please edit your post above and remove your TT time value. We don't use this public thread to display our times for that benchmark. It's only used for your initial division placement. After you've raced a season, or a couple of weeks at least, we'll have more comprehensive data to help decide what division would best suit your skill level.

Hi guys, I'll probably want to run in a Red Practice Room tomorrow night. Do I need to have someone on my friends list to do so?

Thursday's practice rooms are held in open lobbies. Room numbers will be posted here on the main thread around start time... 9:30 PM EST. 👍

Something to share with you all:

2 months ago, I started this game without knowing much at all. I only complete some license tests and then went straight to random online lobbies. I could not compete against any body because they are way faster, more aggressive and race like robbing a bank. It was very imitating and frustrating. I almost always lose in all online races and even being lapped badly.

Fortunately, I am lucky to join a public open practice SNAIL lobby and one guy (forgot who) directed me to this very thread and everything started to change for the better. As a relatively slow driver, I have played in division 7 now 8 for about 4 weeks now. By practicing and then actually participating in the races, I have learned so much about so many different cars and tracks. More importantly, I learned so much about driving techniques and when and when not to apply any particular technique. I personally improved a lot by my standard (not alien's standard of course). I can now not only gold many seasonal events with ease but I can consistently gold them because of knowing the right techniques and apply them properly.

Interestingly enough, I went back to try out some random online lobbies yesterday. Even with death match style, I can easily beat many of these online strangers. I can make 2-3 seconds faster than the 2nd fastest guy in so many tracks. They then rely on all kinds of tricks during the race to beat me such as using NOS, ramming my car on the side, cutting corners, dive bombing, and basically everything you can think. Guess what, I still manage to be on the top 4 spots (out of 10-12 players) without using any of those dirty techniques.

Now, I'm happy because I'm no longer the slowest turtle finishing last like I did 2 months ago in random online lobbies. I can compete against dirty players (random online strangers, not our league lol) and beat them cleanly. I'm even more happy to appreciate the clean racing that SNAIL is advocating and the idea of putting similar skilled players into the same race.

There are a lot for me to learn obviously and I really appreciate all the hard work that many of you putting into making this league one of most organized and clean racing clubs. I wonder if I can donate a small gift to this SNAIL administration such as a $10 Amazon gift card delivered through email. It is little but I just want to show some appreciation. If this is possible, please let me know how I can do this and particularly the email where I can send the gift card to. Thanks.
Thanks for sharing your SNAIL "testimonial"! It's always great to hear examples of how SNAIL helps drivers in various ways. And it's even more rewarding to here drivers express their appreciation for all the work that Team SNAIL puts into running the league. 👍

That being said, it would be awesome if you could put that $10 Amazon gift card up for auction on the SNAIL Marketplace (the link is in my sig). I'll send you a PM on how to do that. :)

Results Summary for D6 - 9/07/14

Pole Honors
Combo 1 @Rockhound18 1:11.271
Combo 2 @Rockhound18 1:29.895
Combo 3 @Rockhound18 2:19.219

Race Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:57.144

Gold @Rockhound18
Silver @Handlebar
Bronze @euclid58

Combo 1
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:59.547

Gold @MajorBlixem
Silver @USERID_77a23
Bronze @goofytyler

Combo 2
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:40.580

Gold @Rockhound18
Silver @euclid58
Bronze @ExoSphere64

Combo 2
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:41.510

Gold @goofytyler
Silver @ExoSphere64
Bronze @Rockhound18

Combo 3
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:49.395

Gold @MajorBlixem
Silver @euclid58
Bronze @Scott G

Combo 3
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:49.627

Gold @ExoSphere64
Silver @GTP_Nobby
Bronze @USERID_77a23

Fast Lap Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 @Rockhound18 1:11.540
Race 2 @Rockhound18 1:11.608

Combo 2
Race 1 @euclid58 1:30.097
Race 2 @Rockhound18 1:29.957

Combo 3
Race 1 @ExoSphere64 2:20.095
Race 2 @euclid58 2:19.678

Congrats to @Rockhound18 for the overall win!

I think I can see where the confusion may have been. The instructions say to post it in the "main" thread, but if someone is new to GTPlanet or SNAIL, that might not be very clear. Maybe it should be changed to say "this" thread?

Back