◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,761 comments
Looky here. I was at Miller Motorsports Park where the Pirelli World Challenge season finale and they had a Nissan booth with a G27 racing wheel and triple screen!!!
image.jpg

Edit more to come from Tooele, Utah.
Also my first lap was a 1:15 at Deep Forest and the fastest was a 1:13. But I changed the settings:sly: to MT and had no aids while the others had AT and every aid imaginable.

Last edited:
A lot to take in but I read :dunce: Finished at about 10 last night and still heard nothing back. Really hoping to join the race tonight. Getting a bit worried that something did not go through properly.

A lot to take in but I read :dunce: Finished at about 10 last night and still heard nothing back. Really hoping to join the race tonight. Getting a bit worried that something did not go through properly.
A lot of people have requested to join snail in the past few days so don't worry, @JLBowler will get you into a division by tonight

Not going to be joining tonight, cleaning the in-game cache does nothing to fix the disconnections and neither does restarting the Router. Just seems like this connection issue is something completely beyond my power to fix so I'll have to bow out it.

Not going to be joining tonight, cleaning the in-game cache does nothing to fix the disconnections and neither does restarting the Router. Just seems like this connection issue is something completely beyond my power to fix so I'll have to bow out it.
Try connecting the Ethernet cable instead of wireless or try deleting the install data

Unfortunately, I don't have an Ethernet cable. I'll try deleting the install data, but I'd like to know first if this gets rid of pictures and replays.

Unfortunately, I don't have an Ethernet cable. I'll try deleting the install data, but I'd like to know first if this gets rid of pictures and replays.

Go to amazon and order a cable. You can get one in just about whatever length you would need for less than 10 bucks. It will be the best 10 bucks you've ever spent for online gaming.

Go to amazon and order a cable. You can get one in just about whatever length you would need for less than 10 bucks. It will be the best 10 bucks you've ever spent for online gaming.
And if you really want to race that shouldn't be a prob... If that was me I would run a mile or more just to get that cable..

The driver's list has been updated. New drivers have received their placement messages.

You will notice that D8 has 17 full time drivers listed. This is not normally done, however, @aerolite has stated that he will not be racing tonight so the most that could show up would be 16. If this has changed, he needs to let me know so I can move him to D7 for tonight. Depending on how many drivers are still full time next week, that move may still happen.

Special notice to @DMacs13. You are in division 6. You were placed in D6 for the start of this month and I made an error while transferring the driver's list from spreadsheet to thread.

Handle, after watch replay again I have to disagree. That point really looks like breaking/turning point for Prost. The thing is, didn't he saw Nick coming? Maybe not if he was looking for his breaking point mark on the right side of the track...

That might be his turn in point for the pits, not even close to the corner though. He did check his right mirror before hand, and looked like he swerved when he realized it was too late. Terrible choice, and I'm glad Heidfeld walked away from that. The contact is eerily similar to the contact Greg Moore made with the wall in his fatal accident, so that's scary to watch.

The driver's list has been updated. New drivers have received their placement messages.

You will notice that D8 has 17 full time drivers listed. This is not normally done, however, @aerolite has stated that he will not be racing tonight so the most that could show up would be 16. If this has changed, he needs to let me know so I can move him to D7 for tonight. Depending on how many drivers are still full time next week, that move may still happen.

Special notice to @DMacs13. You are in division 6. You were placed in D6 for the start of this month and I made an error while transferring the driver's list from spreadsheet to thread.

As always D6 will ba a friend's only room I'm pretty sure I have all full time racers on the list friended.. racers please double check and be sure to have all hosts on your friends list
Good luck to all tonight :cheers:

Special notice to @DMacs13. You are in division 6. You were placed in D6 for the start of this month and I made an error while transferring the driver's list from spreadsheet to thread.[/QUOTE

Just to confirm, I will still be missing tonight's racing.

Sorry @JLBowler, my reply got hidden in quote, doing this from phone.
I will still be missing tonight's racing.
And now the edit function finally shows its face!

Hey y'all I'm have some internet work done over in my complex my download speed is 186.37 kbs and my upload is 387.98 kbs which is horrific 99% of the time I'm running 1.3 mbs on both upload and download recivieing. Yes my complex is running broadband / DSL ridiculous. The reason I'm saying this is because my connection is really sketchy right now as far as connecting and disconnecting hopefully I'll be a OK by 6:30 pm tonight. Right now I'm unable to get online to practice with this internet right now.

Thanks Kurt

*edit the connection speed went way down since an hour ago

Last edited:
Hey y'all I'm have some internet work done over in my complex my download speed is 186.37 kbs and my upload is 387.98 kbs which is horrific 99% of the time I'm running 1.3 mbs on both upload and download recivieing. Yes my complex is running broadband / DSL ridiculous. The reason I'm saying this is because my connection is really sketchy right now as far as connecting and disconnecting hopefully I'll be a OK by 6:30 pm tonight. Right now I'm unable to get online to practice with this internet right now.

Thanks Kurt

*edit the connection speed went way down since an hour ago

If it's like that at race time, I wouldn't even try. Even if you can get in to the room, it would more than likely create major issues for everyone else in the room due to that connection.

That really blows I'm so excited to have this opportunity and bam I get cheap shotted by technology of all things, so sorry JT I'll definitely keep you posted and SHOCKY_WELL along with DCschwinn and Drangonwhiskey. I really didn't count on this but your absolutely right it would be chaos online with this issue that's why I brought it to your attention ASAP. THANKS, Kurt

I'd like to join in if you have any room left.

@pkenuelo

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

If it's like that at race time, I wouldn't even try. Even if you can get in to the room, it would more than likely create major issues for everyone else in the room due to that connection.

JLB,
just sent you a brand new TT; hopefully still in time.

Try connecting the Ethernet cable instead of wireless or try deleting the install data

Just did this. Now trying to reinstall the game data, it didn't work the first time so I'm really hoping it works the 2nd time.

Back