◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
I agree with the $1 million cap. We all dont have lots of time to earn credits to consistently buy cars worth more than that. Im going to estimate that 95% of the cars in the game are under that limit, and there are tons of street cars that can provide some very close and fun racing. We had way too many incident reports last week, so why put everyone in even tougher cars to drive on the limit? It would be cool to even try something out where we have to have at least one car that is under 40000 credits per week. The cheaper cars aren't necessarily boring to race.

2 x 5 = 10 by my math...
I read it as 2.5mil for some reason. But I still said only a 2mil cap, not 5mil. The most you'd have to spend is 6mil. And maybe we can enforce a rule that only one combo per week can be that high. I like the idea of forcing it to be a cheap car as well. Like, one combo under 50,000cr., another above 500,000cr., and the third is whatever you want.

friday.jpg

I remember about a month back someone posted what would be available if we increased it to 2mil. And then 5mil, 10mil, etc.

I think we should up it to 2mil. That's really not too hard to get in a single day. So in theory if you only have one day to buy cars and practice, you can still grind quickly for an hour or two to get the car and then practice.

I read it as 2.5mil for some reason. But I still said only a 2mil cap, not 5mil. The most you'd have to spend is 6mil. And maybe we can enforce a rule that only one combo per week can be that high. I like the idea of forcing it to be a cheap car as well. Like, one combo under 50,000cr., another above 500,000cr., and the third is whatever you want.

Look where I bolded. Eventually it would have the possibility to get completely out of hand. Not every one has enough time to grind to get 4-5 million credits per week just for car selections.

Before we change the price cap, PD should fix the 1.12 and the large number of other bugs! It's pretty irritating to drive without engine sound. It looks like PD's business processes are inadequate and that they have lost the ability to exercise proper quality control before an update is released. They don't need sound engineers; they need a better business model and a better qualified business leader. Kazunori should get himself an executive VP that can pull PD out of this mess.

Before we change the price cap, PD should fix the 1.12 and the large number of other bugs! It's pretty irritating to drive without engine sound. It looks like PD's business processes are inadequate and that they have lost the ability to exercise proper quality control before an update is released. They don't need sound engineers; they need a better business model and a better qualified business leader. Kazunori should get himself an executive VP that can pull PD out of this mess.

Sounds like a job for @JLBowler :)

I am sorry to say this but my job has me working outside all day on Sunday. When I get home I am too tired to race. I will be pulling out of the Sunday night series but will still compete on Wednesdays. Sorry to anyone this affects in Team SNAIL. I hope to feel up to racing with you guys again soon.

My comment applies to everyrhing we do. You can test and QC things as much as you want, but the real test is the real world. There will always be unknown circumstances that could cause problems. I give them the benefit of the doubt and am confident they are working on a fix. Besides, that shouldn't have anything to do with the credit limit topic.

@zer05ive @Dragonwhisky @JLBowler

Ran some laps and here is what race length and qualifying length should be according to SNAIL Guidelines.

Combo 1:
Honda NSX type R '02 47 475pp/305hp Sports Mediums
SIlverstone Grad Prix Circuit
Laps:5
Qualifying: 6 minutes

Combo 2:
Spoon Honda S2000 Race car 490PP/310hp Racing Hards
Autumn Ring Forward
Laps: 8
Qualifying: 6 minutes

Edit: This no sound thing needs to be fixed. I forsee major issues on Sunday night. I can make my own room and have sound everytime. But as soon as I join a room with less than 3 bars the sound is gone and does not return until rebooting the game.

After i did oil change to the Spoon S2000 Race Car '00, the HP is set at 326. PP stays at 490.

I agree with the $1 million cap. We all dont have lots of time to earn credits to consistently buy cars worth more than that. Im going to estimate that 95% of the cars in the game are under that limit, and there are tons of street cars that can provide some very close and fun racing. We had way too many incident reports last week, so why put everyone in even tougher cars to drive on the limit? It would be cool to even try something out where we have to have at least one car that is under 40000 credits per week. The cheaper cars aren't necessarily boring to race.
A new way to grind and learn something is to grind the seasonal expert race using different cars. When you change your car is changes its cars. Also have you noticed that you are really reeling in the cars ahead of you and that when you pass the leader you can't get more than 2 or three seconds ahead....weak boost is on. In a boost race the leader can NEVER run off and hide...annoying isn't it :indiff:...and if you fall off he's by you in a flash. This periods expert race pays something around 330k for 9:22 through 9:45 ....about a mil per half hour...and no corner cutting...you can't get away anyway. :crazy:

I used the GT500 car we used a awhile back...then the Chaparral 2J ( like nuking fish in a barrel) and then settled on the Grantourismo GT40 which I already have. I only collect classic pony cars, vettes, and race cars.

Edit: another subject...awhile back I had a weather casualty that ruined my file where I put all the sheets from the CDS That has their keys on it...as most sims and games no longer print them on the case or box. I have two copies of GT 6 one was an early buy with the 25 cars and the other was from wally world. Both keys were lost. My downstairs PS3 has gotten flaky with GT6 and I want to delete reinstall and then upload my data from upstairs...how do I get a new key...call Sony? Or am I ***** out of luck.

Last edited:
I can hear menu sounds, engine sound from the car in online, just can't hear the tire sounds at all. I wasn't having this issue until 1.12 was installed. PD needs to fix the online portion of the game that 1.12 messed up. Also as well other drivers couldn't see each other in Tcrash's practice room. I was able to see everyone. PD needs to fix the problem. What are we going to do if we can't hear tire sounds come sunday?

I tested to see if the newest update effected offline as well. Can hear the tire sounds fine in Arcade Mode, single player.

Tire sounds going on and off.

Last edited:
No issues for me so far. If it were a program flaw, wouldn't we all have the problem?

There may be certain circumstances where it's happening though, so only some of us may be getting it. I only had it happen once tonight, first time joining the practice room. In the new room we had started up after, I don't think anyone had the issue. Lots of ideas have been thrown around, and possible workarounds too.

When I went looking for them tonight, there didn't appear to be any for last night in either location. I've got the set now that he re-uploaded. Thanks to both of you.

SNAIL age demographic above. If you wish to submit a new entry, click here. If you wish to edit an existing entry click the table above.

Lookit that @zer05ive , a TOPP and a BOPP, in the same page. That's ownage there.

Submitted on the form page because i just turned 36 years old with it past midnight and the Birthday car i received was the Renault R5 Turbo '80. I guess it meant literally at or near the birth year. Was born in 78.

Back