◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,697 comments
Was that reversed in a hotfix or still in place?

I have not had any time to check on settings for the G27. I used to run FF5 for 'normal' SNAIL races, sometimes 4, or 6. I used 1 for most rally tracks. Any suggestions welcome. Checking out Zer0's vid now.

I used FFB-4 pre 1.12. After the first 1.12 FFB was set to FFT-4 / FFS-8 and I liked it pretty well. The wheel was pretty light but gave good road feel without wanting to jump out of your hands. Post FFB hotfix I am running FFT-3 / FFS-4. Thinking about running the T up to 5 and see if I like it better or worse. Steering Type is set to Simulation (although I don't think this setting applies to G27s) Power-Assisted Steering is Off.

I will be late tonight is it okay to do partial nights...hope so. The individual below is READY.
itty in racing rig.jpg

@JLBowler are we still running penalties in the lower divisions.

Nobody ever said any different and it wouldn't be changed mid season. I made a post earlier in the week about the lower divisions needing to learn to quit relying on the penalty system ghosting their car and saving them from their aggressive / poor driving and I stand by that statement.

You guys won't have penalties on forever so it's time to learn how to control your car so that it doesn't have to ghost through another car.

I picked Grid Autosport up because I get just about every racing game that isn't tied to a specific series. This one goes back to the approach used in the first Grid; you have seasons where you sign contracts with teams (no more "fans" as a substitute for XP). I think they have even used the same team names as Ravenwood (Ravenswood? Ravenwoods? Ravenswoods?) is the best of class regardless of the series. Where it diverges from Grid 1 is with the XP categories now being divided by driving discipline rather than geographical region. One of the disciplines is "Party", or something similar, which has added the demolition derby from the recent semi-standalone Codemasters game. I suspect they have the other party game modes (cat & mouse, tag, etc.) but haven't investigated.

The driving physics are still the weakest spot, though ever so slightly improved from Grid 2. Meaning it still feels like a rally physics engine and tuning doesn't change that feel, though it does help your time when done right. Once you finish the first race season (touring cars of the like you'd find in the BTCC) you unlock options in all of the other disciplines (open wheel, street, drift, endurance, and party in addition to touring cars, IIRC). I've been doing the open wheel exclusively; those feel the least like rally cars to me, and in general I love driving the lower tier F1 style of cars (you start in a Dallara Formula 3).

The other "major deficiency" is with the graphics, which do not appear to have been updated at all. I don't find it to be a distraction, except on one track that had a noon race time and the tearing was near-overpowering, but I'm not much of a video snob. Feel is what I respond to the most.

The online seems to mirror Grid 2 exactly, at least the sections I've checked out. I never did race online in the original Grid so I have no idea what that was like; I assume there isn't much if any difference. I did join one lobby but quit when nothing happened after a few minutes. The only other online thing I've done so far is to complete the weekly challenges except for the Drift one (not a fan) and the Party demo derby, which I'm two seconds from Bronze on and not particularly motivated to try again.

My advice: if you're a diehard sim racer fan than buy it. But if not I recommend sticking with GT6 (and I give this advice realizing this limits my future online racing opportunities).
So I just noticed that Grid Autosport is on sale this weekend (only, I think) for $12.49 as part of the PSN store's flash sale on racing games. I had trouble endorsing it at full price but I think it's a steal at that price for a great change of pace from GT6 in small doses (nice change of physics makes you appreciate GT even more). Also, it'd be cool to race some of you over there, though I don't really want to go through the hassle of a Codemasters-run website signup in order to club/group up. I still play it at least weekly, though lately that's only to do the online Racenet challenge for the money, xp, and the attention scoring gold or higher gets you from women of questionable moral values.

I did pick up FIA WRC4 for $16 after wavering between it and WRC3 for like $8. I chose 4 because the screenpics seemed to show a major advancement in graphics. Technically I also bought Need for Speed Carbon, but when the "receipt" screen loaded I noticed it was only for the PSP & Vita, neither of which I have or will get. I clicked through to the support chat with a rep tool where Carlos P reminded me that per the T&C all sales were final but granted me a refund anyway.

Hope this helps.

Well I just got home ended up staying way later then I thought I would :) who wouldn't rite!!!
My overall experience was a ****in blast what a crazy setup this thing got all the latest and greatest
Sim racing gear us guys could only dream about owning, this thing by far the best simulation I've ever
Had the chance to race on from the wheel to the Todd cannon peddles and the full motion I felt was spot on
What a real car would felt like the setup I was on will cost you 60k its the full motion setup

so I got there around 12 didn't end up leaving till around 7 lol so after about 20 min on
The rig a crowd had gathered and come to find out these were some private owners of the vgt sim and prospective buyers & race team owners and they threw out Jokes how they would pay to have me teach them how to get up to speed so the rep get to talking and there looking into How they could make that happen crazy rite! So few more people come into the show room and by this time the rep is having me instructor the prospective buyers into what to do and what not todo how to go fast ECT felt like I was already working for them lol

Also I was invited to come back in a week to check out there head quarters
To check out how everything is made ECT also!!!!! The where they have there main rigs setup is at GMG racing facility
That manages team GMG Audi and he said that there pro drivers acutely uses the vgt simulator to prep on the off season and there going to fit me in to get some time with the GMG guys and race director to hopefully better my chances at national/silverstone when I heard this i was shock like really all this for me,,, all I did was ask to come down and test drive the simulator then all these other option were thrown my way I was so great full!! So we got to talking about me making it into gt academy and then all these other options stared being offered I was so shocked :) :) :)

So at the end of the day I got around 3.5hours on the rig off and on
Also don't be afraid to ask to try something in life the worse they could say is
No you didn't gain noting but at least you asked for me it payed off 10x. Fold

The wheel on this rig is trackstar7000 the peddles were Todd cannons
And of course triple screen thin edge also full motion was so cool!
The sim it was on is Iracing and Rfactor should be heading back to headquarters
And GMG racing facility in a week will have another update :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ncm2s0v4f9o3qb/20140621_163546.mp4

View attachment 174440

View attachment 174441
So I had a go in one of these todays (Pics to follow at a later time). Wow. Makes GT6 feel like a game (well that may be an exaggeration). Did you talk to Garrett? I asked him if he had worked with other SNAILS but I could not remember your name. He did mention doing something with Edgar (@Neovre ?). Speaking of Neo. He has seemed a little AWOL around here. Maybe he is busy with training for a new career;)

So I just noticed that Grid Autosport is on sale this weekend (only, I think) for $12.49 as part of the PSN store's flash sale on racing games. I had trouble endorsing it at full price but I think it's a steal at that price for a great change of pace from GT6 in small doses (nice change of physics makes you appreciate GT even more). Also, it'd be cool to race some of you over there, though I don't really want to go through the hassle of a Codemasters-run website signup in order to club/group up. I still play it at least weekly, though lately that's only to do the online Racenet challenge for the money, xp, and the attention scoring gold or higher gets you from women of questionable moral values.

I did pick up FIA WRC4 for $16 after wavering between it and WRC3 for like $8. I chose 4 because the screenpics seemed to show a major advancement in graphics. Technically I also bought Need for Speed Carbon, but when the "receipt" screen loaded I noticed it was only for the PSP & Vita, neither of which I have or will get. I clicked through to the support chat with a rep tool where Carlos P reminded me that per the T&C all sales were final but granted me a refund anyway.

Hope this helps.

Sweet nice to see 2 racing games that I've wanted to buy finally go on sale. Will be picking both of those games up.
Thanks for the heads up

Well, first of all, thanks for the briefing.
I read it all, it's all clear.

I am not able to race on mondays at 3:30AM cuz I have to be in office by 07:00AM :D

I'll try to stick with these races on wendsdays but not sure if i am going to make it today.

Thx once more

Cheerz

han

You say here that you can't make the races because of the time. I just received a time trial from you. Do you intend to race on Sunday nights at our scheduled time?

Yes, partial is OK.

Racing > Not Racing

And within that...

Racing all > Racing Some > Nothing
So in other words unless you race all you don't get credit...that's fine I race because I like it not because I might win something...besides with 67 year old synapses D 5 is the upward limit of my Divisional Aspirations. :crazy: and perhaps a bit beyond....

So in other words unless you race all you don't get credit...that's fine I race because I like it not because I might win something...besides with 67 year old synapses D 5 is the upward limit of my Divisional Aspirations. :crazy: and perhaps a bit beyond....

No - racing any is better than racing none - Please make what you can. No more than that!

There are no reports of a full room from any division. Hosts are free to start qualifying at the scheduled start time.

As usual, if someone is in the room and gets DC's before the start of qualifying, give them three minutes to get back to the room before starting.

Good news. We have 9 in D4 and everyone can see each other and everyone has sound. We will start on time tonight.

There are no reports of a full room from any division. Hosts are free to start qualifying at the scheduled start time.

As usual, if someone is in the room and gets DC's before the start of qualifying, give them three minutes to get back to the room before starting.
D5 is not there

Back