◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,773 comments
I'm not a fan of banning or limiting cars.

I don't mind 'suggesting' cars, or pointing out what cars have been run in the last 3-6 months, maybe in a easy to read digest form. Not that I want to do that - and that sort of thing isn't in my wheelhouse of personal interest, I have to do too much of it at work!

Just saying, if someone really cared, that may be a way to influence the cars that are selected to avoid repetition.

All someone has to do now to see if their potential car selection has ever been used is go to the combo history spreadsheet and use the search feature (ctrl+F). Type in the name of the car and the sheet will show you every time it's been used. I just did it from the link that is provided in the results post each and every week and it took me less than a minute to have the sheet up and ready to do a search. It might actually take you longer to type in the full name of the car than it did to load the page.

If it's too much to ask for someone making a pick that is going to effect north of 70 drivers to take a minute out of the process to double check if it's been done before and how recently, then talking to this person isn't going to do any good either. They are set on their pick for their own reasons and we're probably not going to change their mind. When it comes down to it, it's the winners choice. After the racing on Sunday night, it's everyone else's choice to vote it off after one week.

But, Handlebar, the suggestion kinda thing already exists. Reading Zero's post giving clearance for prize winners to choose they're prize, there's a pass in that text suggesting people to be innovative. The thing is, it just doesn't work! People don't care! Or its a well established and reinforced rule or it simply won't work.

If I apply @Dragonwhisky 's rules then the qually times and race laps should work out as follows (dragon, please confirm):

Qually minutes include the ~30 seconds to get to start finish line.

Scirocco at 2:19.000 lap times
- 8 min qually will give you 3 laps with ~33 seconds to spare
- 5 race laps will take ~11:35.000

Spoon was established last week (6 min / 8 laps), and assuming a 1:19.000 lap time:
- 6 min qually will give you 4 laps with ~14 seconds to spare
- 8 race laps will take ~ 10:32.000

Corvette at 1:55.000 lap times
- 7 min qually will give you 3 laps with ~45 seconds to spare
- 6 race laps will take ~11:30.000

If I apply @Dragonwhisky 's rules then the qually times and race laps should work out as follows (dragon, please confirm):

Spoon was established last week (6 min / 8 laps), and assuming a 1:19.000 lap time:

That looks right to me. :cheers:

LOLLLLL That is like my lap times!!!! Coincident?

I know this is a league where we race cars, but many of us have a background of the 2 wheel variety. I started racing motocross with my older cousin when I was 9 and raced for 5 years, but still rode on and off after that. I just saw this story on Jalopnik and it instantly gave me flashbacks. I remember watching the original On Any Sunday when I was just getting into racing. Can't wait to see the next chapter.

Aww, don't let me ruin your fun. :P

Here you go, it won't take you too long, but some say it's the funniest thread on GTP, evar:

I SHOULD ME ADMIN (read this!)

"WOT" Wuz dat? Dat WUZ asome!! He be a admin. hear i hope!? He dezerve it..!!
Haha .. Thanks @Gravitron That was the toughest reading I have tried to interpret in a long time! :lol: My head hurts now!! I need a drink after that! :cheers:

10th week anniversary for the banners :)

Round 1 & 2 = Pics by @Falango

r1-1.jpg

r2-sw.jpg

r3-1-fix.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is a league where we race cars, but many of us have a background of the 2 wheel variety. I started racing motocross with my older cousin when I was 9 and raced for 5 years, but still rode on and off after that. I just saw this story on Jalopnik and it instantly gave me flashbacks. I remember watching the original On Any Sunday when I was just getting into racing. Can't wait to see the next chapter.

Wonder if Bruce Brown is doing it? The first was great. The Endless Summer was awesome too.

You know, I sure do miss racing with you guys (well, the ones I've raced, lots of new blood around here. Glad we don't have fight clubs rules.). I'm going to build a trunk with my daughter to put all her junk in. Might pick up a little extra wood and finish my cockpit. Get back into the saddle.

Haha, you said it handle! I got the go ahead from the wife, so tomorrow I will taking the kiddo and getting some lumber after our robotics class. With any luck I will have something put together by next week. I haven't even had a chance to get on the new track!

14966065110_992a1c19fc_z.jpg

I am glad to announce that SNAIL Pack Racing is ready to accept entrants for the inaugural season. FIrst Official race night will be the first Monday in October.

Click Here to Preregister!
Hey guys we'll have our thread up by Monday and have our first Races the week after but we have a little problem....

We have 17 drivers signed up, representing all divisions now except 2 and 5. So we are going with two rooms and two championships...so now we need more drivers.

Its sorta like...what do we do if no one wants to do this.....be careful what you wish for...HELP!

Edit:To register expand the above greyed out original message and click on...what else...."Click here to Preregister"

Last edited:
Back