◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
snailspecracinglightfromtheleft-jpg.172145

Hi guys id like to join ya

@A_K_AJay7

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I got this.

The rule cited as needing changing was put in place to address what the rest of Section 15 does not, but is addressed in what I think is an often overlooked or forgotten rule, taking for granted that everyone has read the SNAIL OLR. Those two rules have been in the OLR for as long as SNAIL has adopted the GTP OLR. Those two rules are as follows;

To re-enforce why rule 15A was put in place I will cite a not so hypothetical situation.

Driver A is in front of Driver B by whatever margin. For the sake of argument, will call it 3 seconds. Driver A uses specific objects outside the defined track surface to decide braking and turn in points. Driver B on the other hand, does not. After driver A passes one of these points, Driver B, all the while maintaining strict adherence to the rest of Track Boundary rules, knocks down those brake or turn in markers driver A uses, neither gaining or losing time that lap. Driver A continues on his lap keeping an eye on the splits, if he or she is in first place, gets back to that place and that marker they just used a lap earlier is no longer there. Driver A blows the brake or turn in point, trying to adjust, slides off in to the sand or grass, or just keeping his, or her, car on the track, and Driver B, who was 3 seconds back is now, if not passing driver A, made up that 3 seconds. It doesn't even matter if driver B knows driver A uses those markers for reference points, it matters that he exploited the OOB rules and gained that 3 seconds or more on the driver ahead. Rule 15A closes that exploit.

Don't try to tell me it hasn't happened in exactly this way. I've watched it happen, both in races I've been in and in many replays I've watched. The stewards hashed this particular rule out the last time the OLR was modified, which was last January. All of those rules in that post have been there for at least 9 months and the majority of it has been there for much longer.

So far as I'm concerned, that rule has a valid reason for being there and I will always vote in its favor of staying, exactly as written.
That makes total sense. Thank you for clarifying.

Depending on how well my practice goes, tonight could be the first night for using my wheel online. I won't use it if I feel I may screw up someone's night.

For anyone who might be as insanely curious as I was insanely possessed to find it;
The evolution of the SNAIL OLR

GTP OLR - 4 October, 2008
GTP/WRS OLR - 23 February, 2011

First SNAIL OLR, 23 July, 2012 with adaptations colored in green.
First revised SNAIL OLR, 11 March, 2013 again with adaptations in green.
Second revision of the SNAIL OLR, 23 January, 2014, edited for typos on 24 January, 2014. Currently in use.

Thanks to @zer05ive and his supreme mastery of GTP Forum-Fu for finding that very first SNAIL OLR post. Although, I suspect, he had it bookmarked or saved somewhere. I was still about 200 pages away from it when he popped it in a PM. :bowdown: :cheers:

Think it might be time to take a break from all this history and get some warmup in. What were the combos again? :sly:

Last edited:
Gift horse and all, I am pretty happy with the car. I wish there were more American classics. In fact I wish there were more vintage racers like a set from the first F1 race...
You do realize, if an automobile is as old as we are, it's edged out of "Classic" and into "Antique". According to the bit of research I just did, "Vintage" cars were manufactured in 1930 or earlier.

I'm ready for another I-70 World Series with an opposite outcome!!!

Oops. Sorry. Didn't think is be replying to two posts so quick...

They were an MLB dynasty in the 70's and liked them ever since. Since then they went from restructuring into a contender every so often to being the team that does more with less. That's what I like about them now.
Still an Angels fan too. In fact the '79 AL West Champ Angels actually had some players they acquired from Okaland too.

They were an MLB dynasty in the 70's and liked them ever since. Since then they went from restructuring into a contender every so often to being the team that does more with less. That's what I like about them now.
Still an Angels fan too. In fact the '79 AL West Champ Angels actually had some players they acquired from Okaland too.
No love for the Royals ? Its been 29 years !! This town is going crazy. I know I'm excited .. Now they just have to beat Jon Lester and Oakland on Tuesday , at least its a home game . C'mon Royals !

Last edited:
No love for the Royals ? Its been 29 years !! This town is going crazy. I know I'm excited .. Now they just have to beat Jon Lester and Oakland on Tuesday .. at least its a home game . C'mon Royals !
I know how you feel, Pirates fan here. I can't believe 2 playoff years in a row. So close to catching the Cards at the end.

No love for the Royals ? Its been 29 years !! This town is going crazy. I know I'm excited .. Now they just have to beat Jon Lester and Oakland on Tuesday , at least its a home game . C'mon Royals !

Happy for you guys.. '79 AL West ended in a tie between KC and Anaheim and went an extra game at KC to decide it.
My former operations manager at work was a scout for KC, and his son Mike Sweeney played there.

I know how you feel, Pirates fan here. I can't believe 2 playoff years in a row. So close to catching the Cards at the end.
WHEW! LOL. I grew up listening to Jack Buck and Mike Shannon on the radio. Been a Cards fan since '74. Columbia is a Cardinals town even though it is dead center between KC & StL.
I do like the Royals style. They "play the game right" dad used to say. They are a scrappy team with very good defense.
Good luck to StL (of course) Pirates & Royals. I will be pulling for Pirates if StL goes down. I watched Pirates (Willie Stargell & Kent Tekulve) beat the Orioles in '79 or '80. I'm an NL fan. The DH is bull****. If you are in the field, then you hit! :)

Wow! Cool, euclid!!! (Avoided dbl post lol)

You do realize, if an automobile is as old as we are, it's edged out of "Classic" and into "Antique". According to the bit of research I just did, "Vintage" cars were manufactured in 1930 or earlier.

Yikes... I always thought it went classic, vintage THEN antique. (Although I DO feel like an antique quite often!)

I also got a bottle of Monkey Shoulder.... Have you ever tried it?

WHEW! LOL. I grew up listening to Jack Buck and Mike Shannon on the radio. Been a Cards fan since '74. Columbia is a Cardinals town even though it is dead center between KC & StL.
I do like the Royals style. They "play the game right" dad used to say. They are a scrappy team with very good defense.
Good luck to StL (of course) Pirates & Royals. I will be pulling for Pirates if StL goes down. I watched Pirates (Willie Stargell & Kent Tekulve) beat the Orioles in '79 or '80. I'm an NL fan. The DH is bull****. If you are in the field, then you hit! :)

Wow! Cool, euclid!!! (Avoided dbl post lol)

Yeah in the '79 ALCS the Angels got smoked by Baltimore's Jim Palmer, Doug DeCinces and company.
Baltimore then squared off with the "We are family" Pirates.. Kent Tekulve the bespectacled side arm reliever.
Interesting player and probably very difficult to read I'd imagine. It was him who finished off Baltimore IIRC.

Back