◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,786 comments
I thought that thing was a race car and only came in that distressing orange and white livery? We can paint it? We can put our numbers on it? I want to get home and buy it right now!

images
It has a base model version but I'm pretty sure he's talking about the road car.

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 10 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, October 3rd, 2014.

Banners by @dabneyd
Very nice improvement!!! Let's cut in half the number of IRs so the stewards can have even a bigger break! As much as it takes to organize and run this league, they don't need the added responsibility of the time consuming job of being judge & jury for things we can police ourselves.
To Team SNAIL, thank you for all of the hard work you do. The documentation and data collecting us simply amazing. And you all don't get paid a dime!
The least we can do as divers, that put all of 2-4 hours a week in some practice and showing up to race, is ease your burden of judging unnecessary penalties. To you all, THANK YOU.

EDIT: Understand, I know we all make mistakes: I'm just saying, overall, most penalties are unnecessary.

Last edited:
I thought that thing was a race car and only came in that distressing orange and white livery? We can paint it? We can put our numbers on it? I want to get home and buy it right now!

images

The GT300 car is nice, but the road car is incredible. It's sorta like an Elise, with a little more power and torque. From all the information I found, they were going to be made in England; but they never made it to production. There may be some in Japan however.

120313img_033.jpg

120313img_035.jpg

Random question to the management: Was a static qualifying time ever considered? Like 10 minutes no matter what?

Other random question: With tracks that have time change, can we run different times from R1 to R2? Nurburgring GP/D can go a full 24 hour cycle. We can have a morning and afternoon race or a day race and a sunset>night race. Pictures be glorious y'all.

Random question to the management: Was a static qualifying time ever considered? Like 10 minutes no matter what?

Other random question: With tracks that have time change, can we run different times from R1 to R2? Nurburgring GP/D can go a full 24 hour cycle. We can have a morning and afternoon race or a day race and a sunset>night race. Pictures be glorious y'all.

Qualifying used to be 10 minutes. It was determined that on most tracks you could get 2, 3, or 4 laps of qualifying done in less than 10 minutes. The decision was made to assign qualifying laps based on number of race laps and use the extra time gained from qualifying and use it to bring race time up to just under 12 minutes. This means more time racing and less time qualifying. Remember, our goal is to be done in as close to 2 hours as possible. My idea of one lap qualifying and even longer races was not well received.

We do not do time or weather change because the conditions need to be identical across all divisions and making changes like that would lead to settings being incorrect and different divisions racing under different conditions. This would make any timing data that is recorded useless and we don't want that.

We do not do time or weather change because the conditions need to be identical across all divisions and making changes like that would lead to settings being incorrect and different divisions racing under different conditions. This would make any timing data that is recorded useless and we don't want that.

Because not every division will start at the exact same time, so they will have the shadows in slightly different locations? That's fair enough. But what about a night race then. No matter what there are no shadows. Do you think we can pull that off and stay clean?

👍 A relief the toy is gone. Lol. I don't know why I dislike that car so much :boggled:.
I could stake a stab at why you don't like it. It might be for the same reason I'm not overly fond of it. Having to keep a car between 9K-11K RPMs is just annoying. Might as well ride a motorcyle or use a 2 stroke motor, as narrow and high as that power band is. I did enjoy thrashing the thing around Autumn Ring however. Just so long as I didn't forget to down shift to keep the revs up.

Because not every division will start at the exact same time, so they will have the shadows in slightly different locations? That's fair enough. But what about a night race then. No matter what there are no shadows. Do you think we can pull that off and stay clean?

I doubt it. We could try with a special event night race, or just a one time thing inviting drivers to give it a try

I could stake a stab at why you don't like it. It might be for the same reason I'm not overly fond of it. Having to keep a car between 9K-11K RPMs is just annoying. Might as well ride a motorcyle or use a 2 stroke motor, as narrow and high as that power band is. I did enjoy thrashing the thing around Autumn Ring however. Just so long as I didn't forget to down shift to keep the revs up.
Good point. And you nailed it. Annoying

Edit: As far as I know, racing was meant to run during daylight hours unless it's a 24 race or the one or two times NASCAR runs in prime time. In my personal opinion, that night thing sounds like a SNAIL special event like the DTC, Miata Series, & the Endurance series. I think the SPEC series should be left alone.
I'm sure a Night Series could be tested as far as interest level then organized and run. Good idea.

Last edited:
Monday Night Pack Racing

A very public thank you to all the drivers who participated in weekly testing races for the Miata series in its various guises.

First to the core guys: Co-Director GTP_Vertigo, Host Joe_Diben, and chief tester RobbiefromBC

Second: a special shout out to CoachMk21 for saying the magic words..".have you considered using boost".

And to the guys and girls who showed up on Monday nights to test our latest attempts to create a close fun racing series.

Aerolite, BayouSimDrifter, DCschwinn, Euclid, FloptaStr8, goofytaylor, Gravitron, GTP_Nobby, GTP_Patrick1, KAdrek, noseknows36, PlatinumRolex, RacingChamp30,Tex36, vsfit, Hydromatos, lobbanmike, xrad...if I missed anyone let me know and I'll add you ;)

New series thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-pack-racing-boost-racing-where-the-excitement-never-ends.317740/

Because you are not fast in it? I never liked S2Ks much; but for some reason this one clicked with me. Won't miss it though.

Autumn Ring is a challenging track and although the S2K was a good choice for the track, it didn't help you to experience what this little car can do on a faster, sweeping track. Do yourself a favour and take that S2K out on Sierra and gun it....

That being said, I hope the prize winner choose another good-handling, light weight, rear wheel drive car for the Ring.

Back