Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

That was my very first suggestion from my wife as well. it should work but do knot know if the epoxy will actually hold the stress of the force feedback.

LMAO

At its highest setting I think it is more than enough and obviously more than the center piece could handle in 2 years.

Do you happen to have the centerpiece?

I never touched the center piece other than programming the buttons. But yes, strangely all 6 of them gave way at the same time; did not feel any of them weakening at any time before they broke; but Silverstone and the Vette was quite a work out.

From what I can tell, only the centerpiece is damaged and 1 of the cables that run behind from the buttons (right side). I think you are right, just putting some big washers should do the trick as a temp fix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have some Snail Shells to trade for a center piece.

After watching @cmbeal video... now I want to upgrade.. A bigger wheel sure would make for more precise driving and a lot more comfortable. Chilicoke has also upgraded paddle shifters
    http://chilicoke.com/logitechwheel/g27adapter.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Handlebar likes this.
  2. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

i think i have an extra center piece

3. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

let me know if you do and how many Shells you want for it.

BayouSimDrifter likes this.
  4. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I have reviewed 7 of the 8 incidents I'm allowed to review this week.

The eighth has no replay uploaded for it. If anyone from D4 has the last race saved, please contact me or @fzappa / Tcrash, or upload it here, and post in the main thread that you did. Thanks.

5. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

Results Summary for D6 - 9/28/14

Pole Honors
    Combo 1
    @GTP_Nobby 2:17.415
    Combo 2 @USERID_77a23 1:18.382
    Combo 3 @euclid58 1:53.816

Race Honors
    Combo 1
    Race 1 - Total Race: 11:39.105
    Gold
    @Scott G Silver @euclid58 Bronze @pkenuelo
    Fast Lap @USERID_77a23 - 2:17.233

Combo 1
    Race 2 - Total Race: 11:32.935
    Gold
    @GTP_Nobby Silver @MajorBlixem Bronze @ExoSphere64
    Fast Lap @GTP_Nobby - 2:17.088

Combo 2
    Race 1 - Total Race: 10:39.137
    Gold
    @GTP_Nobby Silver @Scott G Bronze @MajorBlixem
    Fast Lap @ExoSphere64 - 1:18.458

Combo 2
    Race 2 - Total Race: 10:39.255
    Gold
    @ExoSphere64 Silver @pkenuelo Bronze @USERID_77a23
    Fast Lap @goofytyler - 1:18.680

Combo 3
    Race 1 - Total Race: 11:30.434
    Gold
    @euclid58 Silver @IceManFan_7 Bronze @MajorBlixem
    Fast Lap @IceManFan_7 - 1:53.761

Combo 3
    Race 2 - Total Race: 11:43.192
    Gold
    @ExoSphere64 Silver @IceManFan_7 Bronze @euclid58
    Fast Lap @pkenuelo - 1:53.931

Great racing in D6 on Sunday. The first 4 positions were separated by only 1 point!

Congrats to @euclid58 for the overall win breaking the tie with @IceManFan_7

6. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

See???? That's what I like to hear... " Something we've never raced before" sounds like music to me. Way to go Chris.
    :cheers::cheers::cheers:

@Wolfsatz ... How the heck you did that to your wheel, budz? Don't tell me it was the result of our countless battles amigo, eheheh

cmbeal317 likes this.
  7. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Our weekly schedule is getting pretty full! Please click the banner below to see what your fellow SNAILs have been cooking up!

[​IMG]

You may have noticed that a few of the series are missing banners for the schedule post. Please let us know if you can help with that. :)

8. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

How about a Prize C pick Aero!? :D

9. HugoNout

HugoNout

Hey guys I would totally like to join!
    Psn: H220965
    Time zone: Eastern

zer05ive likes this.
  10. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

I have both the wheel adapter and shift paddles from ChiliCoke and I can attest that they are top notch pieces. I would also suggest looking at one of these.

zer05ive likes this.
  11. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

Hey H22!!! Glad you decided to check out the thread!! You'll love it here! ! Very fast and very clean; in a nut shell---respectful! Welcome aboard!!! You'll get a welcome post soon.

zer05ive likes this.
  12. dangerzone641

dangerzone641

Who you callin fat?

13. fzappa

fzappa Premium

Well, with all the Hat Cakes we eat around here......................:sly:

14. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

Lmao. Edited...

HugoNout likes this.
  15. gtr3123

gtr3123

I would like to join :gtpflag:

zer05ive and JJLopez427 like this.
  16. fzappa

fzappa Premium

-Attention D4 Drivers-

I need your help. If you raced this past Sunday and saved the replays, we need Round 3 Race 2. Either you can send it to me or upload it here . If you are not sure how to do it, watch this short video instruction . It's very easy to do. I apologize for the inconvenience, I thought I saved it. Please reply to this post if you can help with this. Thanks.

D4 is looking for a back-up replay uploader. It only takes 15 min to do.

zer05ive and Dragonwhisky like this.
  17. nmcp1

nmcp1

@HugoNout

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  18. nmcp1

nmcp1

@gtr3123

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  19. SGETI

SGETI

just uploaded file div 4 race 3 round 2. unable to tell if i did it correctly.

20. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Where did you upload it to? Here is the public D4 folder.

21. SGETI

SGETI

yes i tried to drag and drop there. did it work?

22. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Doesn't appear to have. Try using the upload files instead of drag and drop. Have you compressed the replay folder to a zip file?

23. SGETI

SGETI

i have zipped. cannot upload here says file to large

24. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I can only say you may have included other files in that zip. Make sure the only folder you are making a zip out of is the one that starts with the file name BCJS37016-RPLYXXX.

Might be you can get with @fzappa over PSN to talk it over?

I'm hitting the rack, before midnight, for the second time this week.

25. fzappa

fzappa Premium

I'll PM you my email address and you can send it to me.

26. SGETI

SGETI

i made new folder just in case i included other files. when i drag mazzola wants to know what i want to do with file and i have clicked save. then nothing else happens. any other place i can send file?

27. fzappa

fzappa Premium

@Dragonwhisky

Replay uploaded. @SGETI emailed me the replay. Thanks for stepping up. @zer05ive I think some $hells are in order. What say you? You can give him some of mine:):tup:

28. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

We at GT1 may need this.

reigninblood likes this.
  29. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

Anyone still on the fence for Assetto Corsa?

From what it sounds like, the final update for Early Access will be coming very soon and Assetto Corsa will be released very soon! Not much time left to pick it up for $39.99.

Fast forward to 5:18. :drool:

30. Falango

Falango

1.13 has just been released by the sounds of it. It's supposed to address the sound issues the select few of us have had (by that I mean everyone).