◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
@Wolfsatz , do you think that can be fixed with some superglue or plastic epoxy?

That was my very first suggestion from my wife as well. it should work but do knot know if the epoxy will actually hold the stress of the force feedback.

DUCT TAPE!

Wolf ought to put this in his sig;

"Can Hulk a G27 wheel off its mounts in 2.6 seconds, flat"... it does give me a work out on twisty tracks.

"Savage" is definitely an apropos word there. Think he mighta meant salvage but...

Hmmm. Another sig statement comes to mind;

"1st to Savage in 2.6 seconds, flat!"
LMAO

...and they say the G27 doesn't have enough torque and force feedback.

At its highest setting I think it is more than enough and obviously more than the center piece could handle in 2 years.

@Wolfsatz That sucks about your wheel. I don't now what damage was done to the wheel beyond the photos but I may be able to help you out with the parts to get you back on the road.

Do you happen to have the centerpiece?

Have you ever taken those hex bolts off the center? All 6 of then snapping like that makes me wonder if they have been over tightened? Hope you can find a replacement center cap. If you have 6 washers you can pop those bolts off and run the bolts through the washers to reattach it for a temp fix. If you can manage that, I'd turn the FFB way down because the torque and vibrations would make the wheels shift on rotation, since the holes in the wheel are far bigger diameter than the bolts.

I never touched the center piece other than programming the buttons. But yes, strangely all 6 of them gave way at the same time; did not feel any of them weakening at any time before they broke; but Silverstone and the Vette was quite a work out.

From what I can tell, only the centerpiece is damaged and 1 of the cables that run behind from the buttons (right side). I think you are right, just putting some big washers should do the trick as a temp fix.

I have some Snail Shells to trade for a center piece.

After watching @cmbeal video... now I want to upgrade.. A bigger wheel sure would make for more precise driving and a lot more comfortable. Chilicoke has also upgraded paddle shifters
http://chilicoke.com/logitechwheel/g27adapter.htm

$_35.JPG

paddles-02.jpg

Last edited:
That was my very first suggestion from my wife as well. it should work but do knot know if the epoxy will actually hold the stress of the force feedback.

LMAO

At its highest setting I think it is more than enough and obviously more than the center piece could handle in 2 years.

I never touched the center piece other than programming the buttons. But yes, strangely all 6 of them gave way at the same time; did not feel any of them weakening at any time before they broke; but Silverstone and the Vette was quite a work out.

From what I can tell, only the centerpiece is damaged and 1 of the cables that run behind from the buttons (right side). I think you are right, just putting some big washers should do the trick as a temp fix.

i think i have an extra center piece

I have reviewed 7 of the 8 incidents I'm allowed to review this week.

The eighth has no replay uploaded for it. If anyone from D4 has the last race saved, please contact me or @fzappa / Tcrash, or upload it here, and post in the main thread that you did. Thanks.

Results Summary for D6 - 9/28/14

Pole Honors
Combo 1
@GTP_Nobby 2:17.415
Combo 2 @USERID_77a23 1:18.382
Combo 3 @euclid58 1:53.816

Race Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:39.105
Gold
@Scott G Silver @euclid58 Bronze @pkenuelo
Fast Lap @USERID_77a23 - 2:17.233

Combo 1
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:32.935
Gold
@GTP_Nobby Silver @MajorBlixem Bronze @ExoSphere64
Fast Lap @GTP_Nobby - 2:17.088

Combo 2
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:39.137
Gold
@GTP_Nobby Silver @Scott G Bronze @MajorBlixem
Fast Lap @ExoSphere64 - 1:18.458

Combo 2
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:39.255
Gold
@ExoSphere64 Silver @pkenuelo Bronze @USERID_77a23
Fast Lap @goofytyler - 1:18.680

Combo 3
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:30.434
Gold
@euclid58 Silver @IceManFan_7 Bronze @MajorBlixem
Fast Lap @IceManFan_7 - 1:53.761

Combo 3
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:43.192
Gold
@ExoSphere64 Silver @IceManFan_7 Bronze @euclid58
Fast Lap @pkenuelo - 1:53.931

Great racing in D6 on Sunday. The first 4 positions were separated by only 1 point!

Congrats to @euclid58 for the overall win breaking the tie with @IceManFan_7

Thanks @zer05ive! :cheers:

I've said it before, and I'll say it once again; S.N.A.I.L. is by far the best community in sim racing I've ever come across! I also think that joining almost 3 years ago is one of the best decisions I've ever made! I also don't think I'm leaving anytime soon! Long live S.N.A.I.L.!

As for my combo choice, I'm not 100% sure yet; but it'll definitely be something we've never raced before!
See???? That's what I like to hear... " Something we've never raced before" sounds like music to me. Way to go Chris.
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

@Wolfsatz ... How the heck you did that to your wheel, budz? Don't tell me it was the result of our countless battles amigo, eheheh

Our weekly schedule is getting pretty full! Please click the banner below to see what your fellow SNAILs have been cooking up!

You may have noticed that a few of the series are missing banners for the schedule post. Please let us know if you can help with that. :)

Last edited:

LMAO

After watching @cmbeal video... now I want to upgrade.. A bigger wheel sure would make for more precise driving and a lot more comfortable. Chilicoke has also upgraded paddle shifters
http://chilicoke.com/logitechwheel/g27adapter.htm

$_35.JPG

paddles-02.jpg

I have both the wheel adapter and shift paddles from ChiliCoke and I can attest that they are top notch pieces. I would also suggest looking at one of these.

Hey guys I would totally like to join!
Psn: H220965
Time zone: Eastern
Hey H22!!! Glad you decided to check out the thread!! You'll love it here! ! Very fast and very clean; in a nut shell---respectful! Welcome aboard!!! You'll get a welcome post soon.

Last edited:
-Attention D4 Drivers-

I need your help. If you raced this past Sunday and saved the replays, we need Round 3 Race 2. Either you can send it to me or upload it here . If you are not sure how to do it, watch this short video instruction . It's very easy to do. I apologize for the inconvenience, I thought I saved it. Please reply to this post if you can help with this. Thanks.

D4 is looking for a back-up replay uploader. It only takes 15 min to do.

Hey guys I would totally like to join!
Psn: H220965
Time zone: Eastern

@HugoNout

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I would like to join :gtpflag:

@gtr3123

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Doesn't appear to have. Try using the upload files instead of drag and drop. Have you compressed the replay folder to a zip file?

I can only say you may have included other files in that zip. Make sure the only folder you are making a zip out of is the one that starts with the file name BCJS37016-RPLYXXX.

Might be you can get with @fzappa over PSN to talk it over?

I'm hitting the rack, before midnight, for the second time this week.

i made new folder just in case i included other files. when i drag mazzola wants to know what i want to do with file and i have clicked save. then nothing else happens. any other place i can send file?

Our weekly schedule is getting pretty full! Please click the banner below to see what your fellow SNAILs have been cooking up!

You may have noticed that a few of the series are missing banners for the schedule post. Please let us know if you can help with that. :)
We at GT1 may need this.

Anyone still on the fence for Assetto Corsa?

From what it sounds like, the final update for Early Access will be coming very soon and Assetto Corsa will be released very soon! Not much time left to pick it up for $39.99.

Fast forward to 5:18. :drool:

Back