◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Personally Id love to see this beauty in the game image.jpg
The one and only gumpert apollo

@Rednose58 - Do you think you could so something like this every week? If so, we can give you an official title so that you can start earning $hells for your efforts. Posting all this information is a helpful to @GamingPete because he doesn't have to hunt down the lineup information needed for his banners./QUOTE]

I can do that - just need people to post some times for the different divisions.

Last edited:
GT1 Championship Series

We will be doing a test session this Friday at 9 EST for anyone that is interested. If you have signed up but not sent the proper FR's you will not be able to join as it will be friends only. Also we need more D1-4 guys to sign up as we only have 2 GTD's in the field.
Lastly we could you a rendition of the SNAIL banner for our series. Seeing as I have no talent on that what so ever:)

Last edited:
For what its worth, I will no longer be hosting any sort of practice lobby. I will not attend practice lobbies. I'm so over all these people who choose to be complete asshats any other time than on Sunday nights. If your going to practice with others atleast follow the damn OLR. It should be a ALL the time thing. Not when you feel like it.
I have found that to be the case too. I was told "we're testing the limits of the car". Personally I disagree but have also found that things settle down too. I hope you'll reconsider. Reason being, it has helped me, persomally, get familiar with not only drivers in the same division but other divisions too; drivers I may end up racing in the future.

Last edited:
I have found that to be the case too. I was told "we're testing the limits of the car". Personally I disagree but have also found that things settle down too. I hope you'll reconsider. Reason being, it has helped me, persomally, get familiar with not only drivers in the same division but other divisions too; drivers I may end up racing in the future.

After tonight its not happening. No if ands or buts about it. I will no host any random SNAIL practice rooms.

THROWBACK THURSDAY!!

Here are the rules:
  1. Anyone can start a topic
  2. Once a topic is picked, please stay on topic (unless your post isn't related to Throwback Thursday)
  3. Include a picture or video in your post
Since nobody else has started a topic, the topic I'm choosing is "My all-time favorite actor / actress"

Here's mine:
Lt. Frank Drebin a.k.a Leslie Nielsen R.I.P the greatest actor of all time.

leslienielsen.png

YES! I'm starting to see a few more of these around Vancouver, and I absolutely love the coupe! It looks deadly in white (I'm a sucker for white cars).

With the red interior..👍
I know what you mean! I wanted an S2000 from the start, but when they decided to go with full red interiors on their 2002 models, I knew what I had to do. :mischievous: All the years before (and all of the years after) the interiors only had some red trim here and there, but in 2002 they took it up a notch! I named her "Trixie" in honor of the cutie who rode shotgun in another white car with red interior. :sly:

334uka0.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Due to the fact that I'm placed in the wrong division and without any prespective to see that little detail fixed by management, I decided to step back from the Sunday event until I feel I'm placed with the correct crowd.
So from now, I'll dedicate my snail time exclusively to the drivetrain challenge (DTC) hoping to see some more of you guys giving it a try.

THROWBACK THURSDAY!!

Here are the rules:
  1. Anyone can start a topic
  2. Once a topic is picked, please stay on topic (unless your post isn't related to Throwback Thursday)
  3. Include a picture or video in your post
Since nobody else has started a topic, the topic I'm choosing is "My all-time favorite actor / actress"

Here's mine:
Lt. Frank Drebin a.k.a Leslie Nielsen R.I.P the greatest actor of all time.

leslienielsen.png
Here's mine:

tumblr_ltpnomOqxB1qmyoufo1_500.jpg

No, not Kareem. The other guy! :lol:

Room Set-ups for Thursday Practice

At this point I have 1:37.xxx from @Falango for the Isuszu and 1:41.xxx for the Garaiya. The Isuzu is right at the transition point between 7 or 8 minutes to get 4 qually laps in for the 7 race laps. If 1:37 is a good time I will have to make it 8 minutes and then the D1 guys might get 5 laps of qually in. If I make it 7 minutes you have to run an average of 1:37.500 to cross the 4th lap on the dot.

So, for the practice tonight, let's run the rooms as follows and see how it works:

1. Isuzu Bellet 1600 GT-R '69 on Autumn Ring - Forward. 124HP, 354PP, SH Tyres. Assume 1:36.000 lap times
* 8 minutes of qually will give you 4 laps with 1 min and 6 seconds to spare
* 7 race laps will take 11:12.000
2. Autobacs Garaiya '02 on Nurburgring GP/D. 207HP, 460PP, SM Tyres. Assume 1:40.000 lap times
* 8 minutes of qually will give you 4 laps with 50 seconds to spare
* 7 race laps will take 11:40.000
3. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 on Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit. 858HP, 659PP, RM Tyres. 1:54.000
As per last week:
* 7 minutes of qually
will give you 3 laps with 48 seconds to spare
* 6 race laps will take 11:24.000
@Dragonwhisky , @zer05ive , @GamingPete - I don't know who is hosting the Blue and Red rooms tonight

If people want to test the limits of the car, they should open they're own personal room and do it there, by themselves.
I don't do practices Thursdays either for the exact same reason mentioned by vertigo.

But I wont be able to break my wheel again then...
:confused::crazy::drool::dunce::eek::ill::indiff::odd::ouch:

Hi everyone,
Due to the fact that I'm placed in the wrong division and without any prespective to see that little detail fixed by management, I decided to step back from the Sunday event until I feel I'm placed with the correct crowd.
So from now, I'll dedicate my snail time exclusively to the drivetrain challenge (DTC) hoping to see some more of you guys giving it a try.

What is the the CORRECT division? Look where I ended up. It's always suppose to be FUN.

Hi everyone,
IMHO Thursday practice...already semi formalized should be run EXACTLY like SUNDAY. Each division with its own room run just they way it is normally but with practice and then a short race with random grids. After all the point is to get familiar with the new cars and get the feel of them under the stress of combat. It is NOT a place to take stupid chances and terrorize people...which is what the current rooms often turn into.

Thursday image....my favorite all time actor who happened to be a top rank race car driver with a burning urge to portray the essence of racing. He used mostly his own money and actually had no script or screen play when he started filming the most classic racing movie ever made. I believe David Piper lost both his legs in the filming which used real Porsche 917s and Ferrari 512s. To Steve...actor, race car driver, and producer director. Salut.

image.jpg

IMHO Thursday practice...already semi formalized should be run EXACTLY like SUNDAY. Each division with its own room run just they way it is normally but with practice and then a short race with random grids. After all the point is to get familiar with the new cars and get the feel of them under the stress of combat. It is NOT a place to take stupid chances and terrorize people...which is what the current rooms often turn into.
Not enough racers to make it this way. But I agree with the terror part. It is up to the Host/Director to keep the room running smooth. I've kicked racers off if the don't observe OLR.

Back