◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,786 comments
a candle burning brightest often.......
pshoffman.jpg

Thursday image....my favorite all time actor who happened to be a top rank race car driver with a burning urge to portray the essence of racing. He used mostly his own money and actually had no script or screen play when he started filming the most classic racing movie ever made. I believe David Piper lost both his legs in the filming which used real Porsche 917s and Ferrari 512s. To Steve...actor, race car driver, and producer director. Salut.

View attachment 233656

I'd encourage any of our younger members who have not yet seen this to watch it. Very little dialogue in this film.
Instead, the art of cinematography is used to tell the story mostly.

Two of my favorite actors of all time. Because they made it easy for you to believe that the characters they were portraying were real. To bad the is no one around like this anymore.

John-Wayne-Cowboy-Poster.jpg

ICON-dirty-harry-19375680-527-600.jpg
My 2 all time favorites!!! Simply the BEST! Nicholson is right there too!

PRACTICE: I was thinking tuning for rooms instead of two. D1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 7 & 8.

Last edited:
Here is my short wish list (and yes, I know it isn't happening in foreseeable future, it is a WISH list)

JYg7R0Z.jpg

13dsKfO.jpg

Early 911

c19pH8w.jpg

911SC

AqY07SG.jpg

911 Carrera 3.2. ;)

UOkn8q2.jpg

911 (964)

vQoedN4.jpg

911 (993)

EuvTFBr.jpg

914 Street Version

RfUE5n3.jpg

914 Track Version

gtwo6b9.jpg

944 Turbo

RYHsEUp.jpg

928 (for the 'backwards - V8 engine in zee front?? Types)

SpKodnr.jpg

Boxster

BOuls65.jpg

Cayman

nmzraPW.jpg

And for Throwback Thursday / Actor...

nRBDzwF.jpg

I thought I would let the rest of the league know of something we did in D8 this month. @vsfit approached me with the idea of giving a gift out to the cleanest driver of the season in our division. As I watch all the replays while doing data entry, and as the div manager, he asked if I would pick the winner. Well, it turned out to be harder than I thought to do that but it was still fun. It was a close race between a few drivers but in the end I awarded it to @SHOCKY_WELL. Congrats!
Thanks to @vsfit for the great idea! Rock on D8!

51wcqWJCD-L.jpg

Here is my short wish list (and yes, I know it isn't happening in foreseeable future, it is a WISH list)

JYg7R0Z.jpg

13dsKfO.jpg

Early 911

c19pH8w.jpg

911SC

AqY07SG.jpg

911 Carrera 3.2. ;)

UOkn8q2.jpg

911 (964)

vQoedN4.jpg

911 (993)

EuvTFBr.jpg

914 Street Version

RfUE5n3.jpg

914 Track Version

gtwo6b9.jpg

944 Turbo

RYHsEUp.jpg

928 (for the 'backwards - V8 engine in zee front?? Types)

SpKodnr.jpg

Boxster

BOuls65.jpg

Cayman

nmzraPW.jpg

And for Throwback Thursday / Actor...

nRBDzwF.jpg
Hmmmmmm, I wonder what your favorite car manufacturer might be... ;)

GT1 Championship Series

We will be doing a test session this Friday at 9 EST for anyone that is interested. If you have signed up but not sent the proper FR's you will not be able to join as it will be friends only. Also we need more D1-4 guys to sign up as we only have 2 GTD's in the field.
Lastly we could you a rendition of the SNAIL banner for our series. Seeing as I have no talent on that what so ever:)
I will definitely be there. I'm not sure any one outside of this has any idea how much testing and thought has gone into this either. I mean, over 4 months of research and development to figure out a formula to have multiple skill levels within two very competitive classes using a list of cars sizing up to over 30+ choices once in full swing.
In spec racing, the cars are all the same to promote driving skill throughout a wide variety cars ranging from all out power house race cars to the not so fast small cars and the skill sets required to be fast in all. We are adhering to that mindset but adding the one often over looked aspect of tuning skill. This is just season one using DTM and Blanco as a format but can easily be converted to Super GT, GT3, or any number of FIA styled events.

Indeed, and he didn't even list the 935 or 959, how disappointing.

Yeah, I went vanilla, really....

My beyond wonderful spouse is entertaining the idea of a more modern version for her ('05-'10 or so), coupe, but she wants the automatic.

Even better, I am allowed/encouraged to shop for 2 and 4 post car lifts for the garage, she is thinking track days may be too hard on "Lola" so I may need a different (914-6?) car to thrash about.

Yes, I am a happy man. I just hope my wife keeps me around. I am relying upon the humor that I apparently bring to the situation...:sly:

My wishlist of cars would include fleshing out the American modern cars a little better; update to newer models or fill in some missing generations. Also, get more of the famous American race cars, more of the current Tudor series cars, etc.

Another big (repeat) wish has always been some love for the Australian cars... PD put Bathurst in the damn game but didn't provide anything contemporary to drive on the thing. No v8 supercars but the '96(?) Falcon, and the most recent Holden is an '04... And about that SS, no street version but we get the nascar??

I sent my quiz and lap time in but still no reply or division placement from @JLBowler. Is this normal or am I missing something?

@JLBowler He does the driver placements in bulk. You have submitted before the deadline so you will recieve a pm from him before Sunday night. No worries my friend you are in good hands.

Very normal

This is the week in between monthly seasons and that means that I have to evaluate every driver in every division along with any new drivers that are coming in at this time. I have already started the task and I am hoping to have all promotion and relegation for existing drivers and all new drivers placed and messages sent tomorrow morning (morning pacific time).

This is the week in between monthly seasons and that means that I have to evaluate every driver in every division along with any new drivers that are coming in at this time. I have already started the task and I am hoping to have all promotion and relegation for existing drivers and all new drivers placed and messages sent tomorrow morning (morning pacific time).

I dont envy you one bit..

Back