◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,418 comments
This is KingEffects awaiting recruiting

@Brandon Mack

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

StewardAnnouncments.png

To all SNAILs,

please check this google doc to see if you were in the typhoon of IRs from this past Sunday and let me know if you did not receive an email regarding the IR. Provide the specific IR# you didn't get an email about and I will get it taken care of.

JLBowler is correct about the time stamps. In the future, if the instructions are not followed as per this post, any information that is inaccurate will invalidate the IR and it will not be reviewed or scored.

To all Division 5 drivers,
@llNovall , @Rockhound18 , @reigninblood , @Madstar116 , @IceManFan_7 , @MareckX , @ExoSphere64 , @USERID_77a23 , @Scott G , @euclid58, @RACECAR , @TMoMoney, @DesertPenguin09 , @screaming chief , @NOISEBOMB_MSR , @jimeez , @Biebs74 , @KalvinWilliam , @mopar440 , @spiraldave

We are unable to locate any replay files for your division for 05 Oct 2014. Please get together and have a replay package for that week uploaded ASAP. Thank you.

To all SNAILs,

please check this google doc to see if you were in the typhoon of IRs from this past Sunday and let me know if you did not receive an email regarding the IR. Provide the specific IR# you didn't get an email about and I will get it taken care of.

JLBowler is correct about the time stamps. In the future, if the instructions are not followed as per this post, any information that is inaccurate will invalidate the IR and it will not be reviewed or scored.

@llNovall , @Rockhound18 , @reigninblood , @Madstar116 , @IceManFan_7 , @MareckX , @ExoSphere64 , @USERID_77a23 , @Scott G , @euclid58, @RACECAR , @TMoMoney, @DesertPenguin09 , @screaming chief , @NOISEBOMB_MSR , @jimeez , @Biebs74 , @KalvinWilliam , @mopar440 , @spiraldave

We are unable to locate any replay files for your division for 05 Oct 2014. Please get together and have a replay package for that week uploaded ASAP. Thank you.

D5 replays uploaded to public folder.
Attn: @Dragonwhisky

To all SNAILs,

In the future:confused: This is the future. The How to file a Racing Incident Report was last edited Sept 22 2014 with shiny new pictures that explains everything. It all goes back to some not reading how to do it and I say if you did it incorrectly, your 🤬 out of luck. It's hard to believe that the average age in Snail is 37.70.

In the future:confused: This is the future. The How to file a Racing Incident Report was last edited Sept 22 2014 with shiny new pictures that explains everything. It all goes back to some not reading how to do it and I say if you did it incorrectly, your 🤬 out of luck. It's hard to believe that the average age in Snail is 37.70.

I did it incorrectly twice. I'm that guy.

That was taking into account there are new drivers to SNAIL since then and new drivers to filing incident reports. Grace period is now over.

Perhaps some veteran SNAIL and veterans at IR submission could let their respective divisions know how it's done?

Would like to join the league. Thanks.

@syntorz

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

14582061339_0f553e4c7d_c.jpg

As most of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As a way of showing support, I encouraged everyone who is participating in the Wednesday Night SNAIL Race Car Series (RCS) to join @Fallen_log and myself by running Pink Rims this season. Everyone in the RCS who joins us in this support, I will donate $1.00 for every driver who joins the cause by running with Pink Rims all season in the name of the RCS. Thanks for your ongoing support.

Special thanks to @Wardenclyffe , @AndrewMorrell, @Rockhound18 and @turnupdaheat (turnupdaheat will be donating to the Irish Cancer Society) for matching the above offer!​

breast-cancer-awareness-month.png

15473962785_ca277ef46e_h.jpg

That was taking into account there are new drivers to SNAIL since then and new drivers to filing incident reports. Grace period is now over.

Perhaps some veteran SNAIL and veterans at IR submission could let their respective divisions know how it's done?

I agree that veteran Snails should remind new and old Snails about how to do certain things, especially division directors. There's only so much you can do and then hope for the best. @JLBowler signature says "Do for yourself instead of waiting for someone to do for you. It's usually faster and much more rewarding." I think that is a great quote and the reason why I say that is that in the Official Welcome Post for new members, #5, I think, is one of the most important parts of the post. If everyone read that and did what is highly suggested to do, there would be far less fewer misunderstandings and confusion. I would highly suggest that ALL of the Snails, new and old, take time and go HERE and open the links and read them. You might surprised.:)👍

-EDIT- By the way:dunce: ;)

Last edited:
Hello I would like to join your league.

@Flryork

I posted an update on our ChumpCar that my family is building several weeks ago. We're now getting to the point were most of the stuff to finish is "small" stuff. The car is a 1994 Volvo 940 Turbo with 200k miles. We went through the engine and everything looks good. We sent the turbo out to be rebuilt. The car got brand new Bilstein shocks, new brakes, rotors, calipers, brake lines and stainless steel ones too. Also new bushings all around and new front and rear sway bars. The roll cage took the longest to get done, but it came out great. We added brake ducts to help cool the brakes as well. We still have several things to get done, but plan to get her started this weekend. Race day is November 1st and 2nd at Watkins Glen; 7 hours each day.

Now for some pictures. Also, you can follow our progress via our twitter account or via my Facebook photo album.

Pictures aren't in chronological order....sorry.

This is the first mock draft of a postcard that we'll be mailing out to our friends and family. That's my Dad back in the 50's when he owned European Sales & Service, specializing in Volvo. He's the reason we all got into racing and we're making this car into a tribute for him. The blue shown in is about what color the car will be when it's painted.

KTR_ChumpCar_Info_postcard.jpg

My cousin putting in the "don't die while on fire" system.

20140928_170906.jpg

New rear brakes!

20141005_163641.jpg

Front view showing our getto brake duct system.

20141005_163736.jpg

Brake ducts completed.
20141005_172148.jpg

Before we did anything (except we already took out the engine).

IMG_3580.JPG

Who needs all this stuff? Well, I do, as I kept the passenger seat to add to my racing rig (haven't done that yet though).
IMG_3587.JPG

My son (far side) and my oldest brother working to take her apart on day 1 of demo.

IMG_3621.JPG

Last edited:
I posted an update on our ChumpCar that my family is building several weeks ago. We're now getting to the point were most of the stuff to finish is "small" stuff. The car is a 1994 Volvo 940 Turbo with 200k miles. We went through the engine and everything looks good. We sent the turbo out to be rebuilt. The car got brand new Bilstein shocks, new brakes, rotors, calipers, brake lines and stainless steel ones too. Also new bushings all around and new front and rear sway bars. The roll cage took the longest to get done, but it came out great. We added brake ducts to help cool the brakes as well. We still have several things to get done, but plan to get her started this weekend. Race day is November 1st and 2nd at Watkins Glen; 7 hours each day.

Now for some pictures. Also, you can follow our progress via our twitter account or via my Facebook photo album.

Pictures aren't in chronological order....sorry.

This is the first mock draft of a postcard that we'll be mailing out to our friends and family. That's my Dad back in the 50's when he owned European Sales & Service, specializing in Volvo. He's the reason we all got into racing and we're making this car into a tribute for him. The blue shown in is about what color the car will be when it's painted.

View attachment 236544

My cousin putting in the "don't die while on fire" system.

View attachment 236524

New rear brakes!

View attachment 236525

Front view showing our getto brake duct system.

View attachment 236526

Brake ducts completed.
View attachment 236527

Before we did anything (except we already took out the engine).

View attachment 236529

Who needs all this stuff? Well, I do, as I kept the passenger seat to add to my racing rig (haven't done that yet though).
View attachment 236530

My son (far side) and my oldest brother working to take her apart on day 1 of demo.

View attachment 236531

Don't forget to bed the brakes in!!!!

Back