◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
Look! A...
squirrel.png
No Squirrel!!!!

Edit: All, look at that, I nice, shiny new TOPP for me and no where to go! Hope someone wasnt waiting for this... If so, not to worry, a new one will be available by lunch, knowing the speed this thread moves at...

I can't always make Thursday practices. They haven't been a great experience when I do. However, I race with Xrad, Gouletzky, msgt-sd, Hydromatos, and R-rated quite often during the week. I know it's not an "organized" practice, but it is practice. Sometimes we have a pretty good mix of all divisions. Another positive, is how clean it is compared to Thursday practices. Just my "mandatory practice" take.
I agree with FloptaStr8. I work Monday-Friday 4pm-12, and with a family, just have enough time to do the Sunday races. On that note, I do get some practice in during the week, and I to have found them unofficial practices to be more productive than the few Thursday practices I have attended. Just a thought, maybe an extra room or two for practice nights.
Red/Blue/Green/Yellow rooms
D1/2. D3/4. D5/6. D7/8.
This would allow practices to be more in line with the parity achieved on Sundays. Just my thoughts on it.

Nail, it is a real shame you were having connection issues, this is your series and you had to miss it. It was so much fun tonight!
I raced the following series on Saturday... WGTC....two hours... WRS a one hour raceand SNAIL ENDURO two hours....not a hint of a dc...while others occasionally did.
What the h is going on. Is it that I am allergic to someone in the room who has a bad connection. I was really POd to miss last night.

I spent the time trying the Rocket at the ring. Almost made it...was 2d three times against various AIs. Then I broke out my favorite "giant killer" the NUR version of the Skyline and beat the baestards . Very satisfying.

The inaugural Race Strategy, Race Craft, SNAIL OLR & Sportsmanship Clinic is set for 9:30 PM Eastern time, tonight, 21 October 2014.

Current List of Attendees is;

@aerolite
@aLmk 1st Reserve seat
@D1_Driver_83
@GTP_Nobby
@Handlebar
@Nail-27
@SGETI
@vsfit
@Wolfsatz

We have one more spot available, on a first come, first served basis. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.
I am interested in this but am not sure what is on the agenda for tonight if i can make it i will try to join

As we are coming up on the quieter part of the week on this forum, I thought I would share 4 pics from last night's SNAIL PACK RACING Monday Night Miata's at Apricot Hill. Maybe entice some of you to try it out! You'll have a huge grin on the whole time!
I hope it's ok to post these here!

@Mike Lobban @TEX36 @APIOQM into turn 10 three wide. The pack is never further apart than what you see in this pic.
Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

Last lap crossing the line after 20 minutes of racing. @TEX36, @aerolite, @Mike Lobban, @APIOQM @racingchamp30
I beat lobban by .031 sec!
Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

Where else can a D7 guy hold off two D6, two D1 and one D2 driver for four laps! (and the D8 guy coming into the pic:D)
@aerolite, @joe_diben, @nobbymcnobberson, @Kgffy, @APIOQM, @Hydromatos22, @mike_lobban
Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg

After 12 laps in the touring car @Kgffy takes @joe_diben by a fraction of a sec!

Apricot Hill Raceway_4.jpg

As we are coming up on the quieter part of the week on this forum, I thought I would share 4 pics from last night's SNAIL PACK RACING Monday Night Miata's at Apricot Hill. Maybe entice some of you to try it out! You'll have a huge grin on the whole time!
I hope it's ok to post these here!

@Mike Lobban @TEX36 @APIOQM into turn 10 three wide. The pack is never further apart than what you see in this pic.
View attachment 243254

Last lap crossing the line after 20 minutes of racing. @TEX36, @aerolite, @Mike Lobban, @APIOQM @racingchamp30
I beat lobban by .031 sec!
View attachment 243256

Where else can a D7 guy hold off two D6, two D1 and one D2 driver for four laps! (and the D8 guy coming into the pic:D)
@aerolite, @joe_diben, @nobbymcnobberson, @Kgffy, @APIOQM, @Hydromatos22, @mike_lobbanView attachment 243257

After 12 laps in the touring car @Kgffy takes @joe_diben by a fraction of a sec!

View attachment 243258
Monday night miata's is a great place to get some experience going wheel to wheel with multiple drivers. I probably learn more in one night of racing than I do in an entire month of SNAIL Sundays.

For Prize A I choose the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 @ Cape Ring - Periphery

Dealer Specs: 500pp/443hp
After Oil Change: 507pp/465hp
Tires: Sports Soft
Price: 220,000 Cr.

Mid Div Lap: My average was 1:41-42 in my first go around.

Thanks to @Vegasracer and @IceManFan_7 for testing with me!
They complained when I chose that track too.
But, I love it! It makes me feel like a Duke of Hazard, yeee haa

Sorry guys. Didn't know I won the prize until I got a PM. I'm so glad that @fzappa chose to freeze the car and not the track. Finally, we can get a track that allows some passing! So, I bring you a deceptively simple track with at least 3 genuine passing opportunities.

For my selection, I choose the Red Bull Ring.

Love it or hate it, get your "wings" out boys and girls, 'cause that's where we're racin'! Let the verbal vitriol commence, or do your talking on the track.

IceManFan_7

Sorry guys. Didn't know I won the prize until I got a PM. I'm so glad that @fzappa chose to freeze the car and not the track. Finally, we can get a track that allows some passing! So, I bring you a deceptively simple track with at least 3 genuine passing opportunities.

Love it or hate it, get your "wings" out boys and girls, 'cause that's where we're racin'! Let the verbal vitriol commence, or do your talking on the track.

IceManFan_7
....say what?
:cheers:
beware of the run offs

IceManFan_7
Practice room:

1472-4711-0167-3383-2304

D4 Action Intense Pack
@TEX36 leads @ Turn 1

D4 @ Laguna Seca

The Corscrew

Defending or Attacking?

Heavy on the brakes

Tricky turn 5 and passing on the outside

Tight quarter and no contact
3 Wide at Turn 1 but everyone comes in 1 piece

A view from the back

Off Road Racing

Barely Legal and Purple

Pretty Colours of Benetton

Aston Martin Vantage; but who had the Advantage?

Tight battle for 1st; and the rest of the pack Eons away

Text book pass on the outside by @kadrek :bowdown:

but celebrates too much doing the slidey slidey

Lift Off

@EvoSpecX takes the final curve clean

and takes the win.

Turn 1 and everything quiet

Guess Who?

Under draft

Maggots and Beckets

Wolf gets a flat

and the party begins

The Smokey Dance

Cape Ring Periphery.

A little confused. The pictures (which are great) of a practice season show the cars going in the opposite direction than what the course states. I was unable to find a reverse for this course. I show we will be racing in a clockwise manner. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Cape Ring Periphery.

A little confused. The pictures (which are great) of a practice season show the cars going in the opposite direction than what the course states. I was unable to find a reverse for this course. I show we will be racing in a clockwise manner. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Those pics, I think, are when we ran that car at a different Cape Ring variant.

Cape Ring Periphery.

You sure about that ...lol. periphery is periphery.
Some of our photographers are pure genius . They flip,turn ,edit. Anything to dazzle the eye
....they got you

Results Summary for D6 - 10/19/14

Combo 1
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:48.138
Pole
@Jakedog23 - 1:45.594
Gold
@Jakedog23 Silver @GTP_Nobby Bronze @joe_diben
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 1:46.215

Combo 1
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:57.973
Gold
@singlepaddy Silver @pkenuelo Bronze @joe_diben
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 1:46.299

Combo 2
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:40.631
Pole
@joe_diben - 1:35.596
Gold @joe_diben Silver @BayouSimDrifter Bronze @MajorBlixem
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 1:35.541

Combo 2
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:23.695
Gold
@GTP_Nobby Silver @joe_diben Bronze @MajorBlixem
Fast Lap @GTP_Nobby - 1:35.653

Combo 3
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:58.127
Pole
@joe_diben - 2:09.354
Gold @joe_diben Silver @GTP_Nobby Bronze @TomMang_68
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 2:09.636

Combo 3
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:13.026
Gold
@MajorBlixem Silver @TomMang_68 Bronze @joe_diben
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 2:09.423

Congrats to @joe_diben for the overall win!! Podium finish in every race! Way to go!

IceManFan_7
awesome choice!

Back