◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,785 comments
Shouldnt racong with a wheel make you faster anyways? Otherwise, whats the point? If you're racing with a wheel it should be advantageous, no question.

V
"We must go, our planet needs us"

15460288058_48f04e37b4_o.jpg

Cape Ring - Periphery_9 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Regarding the Controller vs. Wheel: (from The Ancient One's point of view)

Gran Turismo is a Racing Simulator
(for those of us not able to actually get in a car and race on these Classic/Historic tracks)

That being said ......... do I drive in my real car with a Controller, or a Steering Wheel?
If given the opportunity to drive a very fast car at the Spa, would I ask that they install a PS Controller?

In conclusion: If I want to be in a Virtual Simulator for racing ........ I prefer a steering wheel.
It helps to completely immerse my mind and body "into" the ........ Thrill of Victory and/or the Agony of Defeat.

(and my thumbs don't get so numb after 30 minutes of pushing buttons)

PS: We are discussing the One Vs. the Other ......... not the affordability of obtaining said wheel(s)

Once i got used to the wheel i got faster aswell ... but i have been racing on pc with a wheel for quite a long time ... so maybe i didnt have to get used too much on gran turismo

ive been driving gt 5 and 6 with controllers before ... and i was quick aswell but with a wheel ... i got even quicker ... however i also know that there are a
some guys on the seasonals that own me with a stick like a boss lol

I got my g25 used for 80 euros ...
a ps3 controller costs about 60 euros here ...

Fanatec Wheel. I had it for two months now. I can't get the corners right for the life of me.
It will take you using it consistently and not going back to the controller for you to really get used to it. I have used a wheel since GT4, I can't even stay on the track with a controller now.

The biggest hurdle I think is being able to not think about what the forcefeedback is telling you, but just reacting. And that will take some getting used to.

FallenLog, as my good friends Chatva and Tex surely remember, my transition from controller to wheel was a disaster and I got so frustrated that I considered returning it to the store.
It took me around two/two and a half months to start getting the same lap times I was doing with the controller and be competitive again.
I totally agree with Tex, if you play a race simulator you have to get your experience as close as possible from the real thing and step #1 is getting a good racing wheel.

I gotta good racing wheel. I just need a good racing driver.;)
Maybe go back and do all of the single player races and license tests?

That was my proof of concept after changing to a wheel; I could never even get silver consistently on the tests until I got my wheel setup on gt5. I was able to go back and get all the golds on all of the license tests.

It was good practice, and proved the advantage of a wheel vs sticks.

And thanks @Wolfsatz for fixing that pic :D

I am requesting to join Snailracing :D

@hectord27

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

a few quick questions 1) tire compound for the fairlady? 2) the yellow markers on the corners before and after the back stretch are out of bounds? and 3)the short shoot before the front stretch and the front stretch are you allowed to go over the white lines?

Here is what we got so far.
I still need lap times for the Nissan and also some confirmation lap times for Monza. Looks like I have to bring it down to 2:01 average lap times
Also please note: @Wolfsatz : Your car in the photo shows a "Fairlady" on it. I think they specified the Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71. There are two of these in the GT6 carlist. One without the Fairlady and one with the Fairlady (Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71)

Prelim Nov 2.png

Back