◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Madness! I reckon getting off the go juice woulda made it high side though.

That front tire angle in the first pic is just plain lunacy.
I can't believe he didn't lose the bead or pinch the tire. Those guys are so instinctive. I gotta go check youtube for this though..

My Spanish isn't great but I take it he recovered from a record angle for a MotoGP bike.

"Marc Marques makes the save of the year with record.... video by the Club VTM by using the pictures from Milagro"
'Angle superior (above) than Moto GP 68 degrees"

Last edited:
Did you guys hear that we're getting the M4 Safety Car from SEMA? It's basically just an M4 Coupe with M Performance parts and some decals. I doubt the lights go on. Edit: Doesn't even have lights on top!

tumblr_ndvr3adfEv1qapwfro3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndvr3adfEv1qapwfro4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndvr3adfEv1qapwfro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndvr3adfEv1qapwfro1_1280.jpg

Lunatic! I love how early he's back hard enough on the throttle in pic 3 to lift the wheel.

Actually this is not uncommon in the world of roadracing when the front end tucks under and loses grip. The bikes are so light that the rider supports the bike on his body while the rear wheel continues to push. Then the rider uses his elbow and leg to push himself and the bike back up to a point where the front end can grab pavement again and he continues on.

This is definitely a pre-crash or save moment...not normal riding angles. You can see the front wheel has left the pavement due to it washing out and the rider supporting the weight of the bike. So Marquez hasn't "changed" anything about GP riding. It's just a pucker moment...roadracers all over the world have this happen to them. Either the front end completely tucks and the bike low sides or the rider manages to catch it, lift the bike to where the tire regains pavement, and move on. Highsides are a product of the rear wheel losing grip violently, low sides are a product of the front wheel losing grip.

I've been waiting 1 year, 10 months and 6 days to win Prize A!!!!!

Holy crap . . . what the 🤬 am I going to choose.... :confused: :crazy: :dopey: :eek: :mischievous:

I'm so excited I think I need to lie down!

:gtpflag:

Huge congrats to ya for the win rize Prize "Eh" hahah. Tons of respect for ya. You and I have had lots of great battles and we've always had clean battles. Heres to more of them down the line! :D

Why didn't I think of this? I use a photo/video analysis system at work called Dartfish that can do some crazy stuff like this to photos. :banghead: Time to take some race photos to work:idea:
we use dartfish for official olympic taekwondo santioned events. its mainly used for playback of a headshot that could have been missed

I added a gtplanet sticker to my seat. Pretty cool. I'll be putting up some of these in the Snail auction soon. I did not make it myself, I purchased it. Here's the LINK if you want to purchase them. They are great quality and they ship rather quickly.

IMG_2643.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe he didn't lose the bead or pinch the tire. Those guys are so instinctive. I gotta go check youtube for this though..
You don't lose the bead or pinch the tire unless you run over something that crushes or bends the rim severely or it loses air completely for some reason. Once you've mounted a bike tire, that thing is there for good unless something catastrophic happens. Don't even talk about how hard it is to break the bead on an ATV tire....

My Spanish isn't great but I take it he recovered from a record angle for a MotoGP bike.

I hope this video is tongue in cheek, otherwise they are implying Marquez is doing this on purpose and riding beyond any riding angles previously accomplished.

He is clearly almost crashing. This is not his normal cornering technique :)

I hope this video is tongue in cheek, otherwise they are implying Marquez is doing this on purpose and riding beyond any riding angles previously accomplished.

He is clearly almost crashing. This is not his normal cornering technique :)

The headline reads "Mark Marquez makes save of the year". I don't think anyone would seriously consider that as normal cornering technique.

Where's the Frank Zappa posters?
I don't display them. They are mostly concert advertising posters and they are old and fragile. I took one out to show a friend and I tore it a little. I won't be doing that again.

Here is one I'm trying to get my brother to give me.
zappa1.jpg

Speaking of music. For all you Pink Floyd fans that are waiting for the release of 'The Endless River', I just Skyped with my brother and he played me a song from the album called ' Louder Than Words'; he's in the biz and if your a fan, you are going to love it. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Back