◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,773 comments
I don't practice offline. Even if I'm just by myself I open a friends only room to a few laps.

I usually do that aswell because of the different grip level offline and online ... however when i run practice online i cant save my best lap only ... and i save alot of **** hahahah ... im at 1979 pictures and 786 replays for now

I took some advice from @JLBowler and downgrade the tyres one or two levels when I run off-line. For me the advantage of running off-line is that you can chase your ghost and see real time where you lose or gain time. You don't have to wait for the sector time to show you. Once you established break points, turn-in points and racing lines you can switch to on-line practice and do the refinements with the correct tyres.

I took some advice from @JLBowler and downgrade the tyres one or two levels when I run off-line. For me the advantage of running off-line is that you can chase your ghost and see real time where you lose or gain time. You don't have to wait for the sector time to show you. Once you established break points, turn-in points and racing lines you can switch to on-line practice and do the refinements with the correct tyres.
great advice for the beginners Red....thanks. (and @JLBowler)

man look at the body roll on that fairlady looks like both front and rear tires are turning! And awesome the camera loves me!:embarrassed: great pictures Dr.

Some great pics Strange! You can collect $hells for doing that as well.

Voting something out just because it's been there for two weeks? It's been there because we've (at least in the races I've been having there) had great races, and it's a lot of fun! If it ain't broke don't fix it. If you're actually tired of it and don't like it, then that's different, but your reasoning says otherwise lol.
Ya I've come to really like that combo.
tip about the Peugeot NEVER lift all the way off the gas! it stays stable that way!
Ya... I hate the handling of that car. I found some relief with adjusting the brake balance forward.
Posted this in another thread, but that seems dead and not alive so I'll post it here:

So I finally got around to doing the Red Bull seasonal and as I was watching the replay, my eye caught something on the car that I somehow didn't see before: Blown Exhausts.

Here's a picture of it on the Red Bull RB6:
djm1028fe52a.jpg

red-bull-inline.jpg

Using that as a base, take a look on the X2014 Standard:
capture_20141104_221611-jpg.250160

capture_20141104_221621-jpg.250161

Now I could be just mistaking this for something else, but I found this very interesting. All this time I was under the impresson that weird tail was the exhaust only to find that it isn't and I just found the placement very intriguing.
It's an exhaust blown diffuser. It is now illegal in F1, but what it did was create even more rear downforce by using the exhaust flow and directing it right to the rear diffuser. It really is quite an ingenious idea, and to make it even more effective, the engine mapping can be setup so that the exhaust still has significant flow and volume even when the driver is off the throttle, not all the dissimilar to anti-lag systems for turbochargers. Great write-up here, if you care to take a look: http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/diffuser_blown.html
Does the game make you slightly slower online somehow? I've never heard of this before, that's why I'm asking.

Does the game make you slightly slower online somehow? I've never heard of this before, that's why I'm asking.

Yea online has different physics ... i noticed it first when i made a funny tuned midget and i cranked the wheel left and right to make it flip over ... it worked offline ... when i tried it with friends online ... it didnt work, so thats where it was pretty obvious to me.

Also its noticable when i practice for these races ... offline i can go 1-3 seconds faster than online. Offline seems to offer more grip.

The drivers in D6 had many technical issues Sunday night. One of them was @McTrucker glitching out C1 R1 which made for some pretty good photo ops. Here are a few, among others taken from that race. Was a fun combo sad to see it go so soon.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480
I'd love to see some more space trucker shots if you got them, one might make for a new profile.

Speaking of music. For all you Pink Floyd fans that are waiting for the release of 'The Endless River', I just Skyped with my brother and he played me a song from the album called ' Louder Than Words'; he's in the biz and if your a fan, you are going to love it. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Just listened to Louder Than Words. Great song! Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album :D

It's an exhaust blown diffuser. It is now illegal in F1, but what it did was create even more rear downforce by using the exhaust flow and directing it right to the rear diffuser. It really is quite an ingenious idea, and to make it even more effective, the engine mapping can be setup so that the exhaust still has significant flow and volume even when the driver is off the throttle, not all the dissimilar to anti-lag systems for turbochargers. Great write-up here, if you care to take a look: http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/diffuser_blown.html

I have indeed read that before and it definately it all clear to me when I was first trying to figure out what it was. Going off that knowledge, that's what makes the picture of the X2014 standard so interesting to me(especially considering that the car was designed by the same designer that fashioned that style of blown diffuser: Adrian Newey). It makes all sorts of sense considering this car has to make up for the lack of the downforce made by the Fan.

Hi guys, I feel pretty dumb but your League is so big with so many threads and I'm easily confused :)
Do you run any races in West Coast friendly time slot (after 9PM PST/midnight EST)?
Thanks

Hi guys, I feel pretty dumb but your League is so big with so many threads and I'm easily confused :)
Do you run any races in West Coast friendly time slot (after 9PM PST/midnight EST)?
Thanks

We used to at some point and eventually dwindle down due to no shows. But there are a few Westies in our league.

@nmcp1

We had a couple of full grid races... Very fun at GVE! Awesome combo!

@Rednose58 I think round 1 should be 8 laps.

[QUOTE="

@Rednose58 I think round 1 should be 8 laps.[/QUOTE]

The race duration with 8 laps will be approx 10:30. The dration with 9 Laps will be approx 11:50. If both options fall between 10-12 min we take the one closer to 12 minutes.

You don't lika da Peu...?

Monza should be 5 laps. When you consider the first lap is going to be well north of 2 minutes and you have the average lap time already at 2 minutes, six laps is going to be over 12 minutes.

Back