◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Yep, oil was freshly changed. It did feel like my power was down or something but I changed it right before I joined the room.
I think you're referring to me; I said it on my Mic when we were testing the other night, but I don't think you heard me, and Conner just backed up what I found - if you shift at 6500 rpm the car moves a lot faster than waiting for redline...

I can't believe all the talk on laps, too many, too few. Really, who cares. It will all average out in the end. I show up to race, if it goes 5 or 6 laps.... I don't care.
Is it me or do the guys using controllers have an advantage over wheels when racing? I was following a few guys last night that were obvoiusly on a controller and when they lost control of their cars coming out of corners, the car swings about 3 or 4 times and then jumps straight. With my wheel, if the car swings on exit, I get one chance to save it, if I don't, I'm around. Also, if I go OOB to cut a corner my car gets very squirrly where the controller guys seem to jump all over the track and still maintain better control. Am I too buzzed or does anyone else notice this?

People that work Monday morning on the east coast care the most. The runtime may not bother you, but others have to be considered. The longer we run, the more impatient people will get as well. The guys that run things here have worked out methods to keep our Sunday races to a consistent schedule.

I can't believe all the talk on laps, too many, too few. Really, who cares. It will all average out in the end. I show up to race, if it goes 5 or 6 laps.... I don't care.
Is it me or do the guys using controllers have an advantage over wheels when racing? I was following a few guys last night that were obvoiusly on a controller and when they lost control of their cars coming out of corners, the car swings about 3 or 4 times and then jumps straight. With my wheel, if the car swings on exit, I get one chance to save it, if I don't, I'm around. Also, if I go OOB to cut a corner my car gets very squirrly where the controller guys seem to jump all over the track and still maintain better control. Am I too buzzed or does anyone else notice this?

If you're seeing cars swing back and forth 3 or 4 times and the all of a sudden jump back to straight, you may be looking a lag and if you're seeing all the cars do it, the lag is most likely on your end. I don't know what you saw but that description seems a bit extreme. With that being said, the controller guys can save a spin quite a bit easier than the wheel users. There are two reason for this. First, the controller has some built in aids that can't be turned off to compensate for the fact that it is an inferior device for driving. Second is that the inferior device can go from lock to lock so much faster than a wheel, it is possible to make some saves that you would not make with a wheel. Of course, that ability to go from lock to lock so fast, and having much less precise inputs, is probably what got that driver into trouble to start with.

If you're seeing cars swing back and forth 3 or 4 times and the all of a sudden jump back to straight, you may be looking a lag and if you're seeing all the cars do it, the lag is most likely on your end. I don't know what you saw but that description seems a bit extreme. With that being said, the controller guys can save a spin quite a bit easier than the wheel users. There are two reason for this. First, the controller has some built in aids that can't be turned off to compensate for the fact that it is an inferior device for driving. Second is that the inferior device can go from lock to lock so much faster than a wheel, it is possible to make some saves that you would not make with a wheel. Of course, that ability to go from lock to lock so fast, and having much less precise inputs, is probably what got that driver into trouble to start with.
It's definitely not a lag issue. I think what you described explains it all. Don't like the fact that controller users do have a control advantage. I watch a lot of repays and you can pick out the controller users easy. Their cars just don't seem as stable, especially in corners, but they still carry the the speed with dubious looking control. Ok, done whining.

D6 Action Pack-

Reverse Combo 1

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Combo 2
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Combo 3

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Hey guys ... just saying i expect some good pics for the combos tonight ... im most likely not going to be able to hop on the ps3 and take them for the banners ... since its practice today we can have some group action on the pics aswell...
Just make sure the car takes up the right part of the picture (use the circle in the middle for reference when taking pictures in 16:9)
Also make sure its not zoomed in too much for best results.

Ask and you shall receive!

Grand Valley East by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Grand Valley East_2 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Grand Valley East_3 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Grand Valley East_4 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Grand Valley East_5 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_1 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_2 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_3 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_4 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_5 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

So, got the gold in the 500pp seasonal by picking and tuning the same car as mister #1 on the leaderboard, still 7 seconds slower :/ happy to be 1142nd tho, lol...

I'm really not a fan of these 'tuning' challenges, not quite sure why poly doesn't offer more Spec challenges...

Meh I say. Meh!

Hi, my name is ThE_MaX_GaMeR_89 and i would love to join SNAIL racing. I think i would make a great fit because 1) I have played like every GT game so i have some experience and 2) I have the GT6 Platinum trophy so that means I have Gold everything (including license tests), also i have 251 cars in my garage of which i have tuned all of them but some are just for car shows. So in conclusion, I think i would make a great addition to SNAIL racing.

Hi, my name is ThE_MaX_GaMeR_89 and i would love to join SNAIL racing. I think i would make a great fit because 1) I have played like every GT game so i have some experience and 2) I have the GT6 Platinum trophy so that means I have Gold everything (including license tests), also i have 251 cars in my garage of which i have tuned all of them but some are just for car shows. So in conclusion, I think i would make a great addition to SNAIL racing.

@ThE_MaX_GaMeR

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Welcome.

Keep in mind, if you chose to use any of those tuned cars, you'll have to take everything you added to them off and reset the rest to defaults to get in the No Tuning Allowed rooms SNAIL runs. There are some tuning adds you can't take off either. Be prepared to buy some duplicate cars.

Welcome!

Keep in mind we don't tune any of our cars. We hit the track with the exact same stock setup + oil change, so it's all down to driver skill! :D

Edit: @Dragonwhisky be readin minds!

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

I was looking on the front page and i was wondering, which of the cars should i buy, and how many laps should i do?

click on "time trial" in your own post, everything is written there.

asfar as cars for the races: you buy all 3 cars that are written/shown in Post #2 (obviously the latest ones)

sorry i didnt look in the time trial link:P

no worries

Good luck tonight, y'all.

Was getting ready to watch race 1 when I was called to Dad-duty. Sorry for leaving so quickly.

Hi guys, I feel pretty dumb but your League is so big with so many threads and I'm easily confused :)
Do you run any races in West Coast friendly time slot (after 9PM PST/midnight EST)?
Thanks
Not sure if anyone got back to you on this, but if you read the first post you will find links to all the information as to what races are at what time.

Back