◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,670 comments
tonight is roc not sure if the other one is happening or not, tomorrow is endro racing at bathhurst with gt3 race car (check thread for even more details) then sunday is the big race!

Last edited:
I'd would like participate in S.N.A.I.L Racing PSN: DeathToll_619

@Master Uafoo

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

My G27 is behaving strangely the last few days. When I'm on the grid to start a race it defaults to 3rd gear every time. I have to gear down to first in the few seconds before the race starts.
Anyone seen / had this problem and know how to fix it?

Last edited:
My G27 is behaving strangely the last few days. When I'm on the grid to start a race it defaults to 3rd gear every time. I have to gear down to first in the few seconds before the race starts.
Anyone seen / had this problem and know how to fix it?
do you have the shifter in 3rd? it's the only time i'm in the wrong gear is when i put my H pattern in to a gear by accident

Birdie can I buy you a beer?!! :cheers: That was it...shifter was in 3rd.
I put it in first now everything is back to normal :bowdown:
laugh out loud seriously i was hoping that it was a little more complicated then that like inside your casing! and depends you feel like driving half way between you and me!

That car (205 turbo) is mid-engine RWD and is rear heavy (46:54) with a very short wheelbase, sort of like a tall Lancia Stratos. You have to drive it with very smooth steering inputs because it will respond instantly to them and turn hard. If you shift too much weight too quickly by turning in too hard or fast, or being too quick on the brake release it will change direction so fast you can't correct. You steer it almost as much with the pedals as you do with the wheel.

If you try to drive it like a FWD 205 GTi, you'll just be backwards constantly.

If you start to slide a bit, stay on partial throttle (unless you just went in way too hot, in which case God help you) and when you brake.. stay on partial throttle, and brake in a straight line only. The car can carry a lot of speed if you're not sliding. If you see tire smoke you probably went in too hot. By being careful and braking early enough to not slide, you should be able to hit a good line carrying speed smoothly, get on the gas earlier, and your lap times will drop consistently even without pushing the car to its very limit. The car is much more stable when you're on the throttle accelerating away from the apex from a lower entry speed than it is trying to blitz the entry and sliding through the exit on opposite lock.

Also be very careful of lifting off the throttle too quickly, you should stay on partial throttle even if it's just a tiny amount, to keep the car stable instead of lifting. Make sure you are turning in late enough to carry the speed through without pushing wide. Slow down as much as it takes to turn in a little later on the important corners.

Some people were talking about changing their brake balance on this car to keep it from being tail happy on braking/entry, but I use 5/5.
You are giving away all the secrets.

May act sort of like an MR but it's definetly a 4wd with a mid-engine. And yes Smooth inputs and a smooth transition from brake to gas. I like this combo
Derp, you're right its AWD. It just drives so much like an old 911 or a stratos I wasn't thinking about that.
You are giving away all the secrets.

Oops ;) maybe there will be some close racing as a result.

@Master Uafoo

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:
:dunce:

Race of Champions
November 7, 2014
October Season
9:30 pm ET

Tonight, the best of the best of the best will be brought together to battle over the three most popular combos from the October season. Those three combos are as follows:

1- Autobacs Garaiya at Nurburgring GP/D (2 weeks)
--- 326HP / PP 490 / SM tires

2- Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 at Red Bull Ring (7 votes)
--- 535HP / PP 528 / SS tires

3- West Surrey Racing 1983 Aryton Senna '83 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (3 weeks)
--- 172HP / PP 559 / RH tires

And now, for your starting grid!!!

1- @vsfit
2- @Mike Lobban (PSN: Ch11chcftzp)
3- @aerolite (PSN: aeroliteflight)
4- @pkenuelo
5- @Skills (PSN: Skills_19657)
6- @TBongX
7- @joe_diben
8- @USERID_77a23
9- @CoachMK21
10- @IceManFan_7 (PSN: drb1269247)
11- @Wolfsatz
12- @SGETI (PSN: CAPECOD104)
13- @hammersedge65
14- @turnupdaheat
15- @Falango (PSN: GTP_Falango)
16- @nmcp1

for those listed in the GRID October ROC Room has been opened

New Room

1472 4711 0167 3380 9147

Last edited:
lol ok but its still a piece of 🤬 car that doesn't drive like any other 🤬 that i've driven

I have to strongly disagree. This car is so much fun to drive. Like ConnorWolf said, you have to be light and gentle with it. Sometimes if you feel too slow but maintain grip the entire time, you might be faster than Bing on the edge or slightly over. This is so true with this car. Sliding and getting a bit of tire smoke can easily lose you half a second

Jim%20Carrey%20-%20Ride%20the%20snake.gif

RESULTS from RACE 1

1- @pkenuelo
2- @Wolfsatz
3- @IceManFan_7 (drb1269247)
4- @turnupdaheat
5- @CoachMK21
6- @Mike Lobban (lobbanmike)
7- @hammersedge65
8- @nmcp1
9- @aerolite (aeroliteflight)
10- @Falango (GTP_Falango)
11- @SGETI (CAPECOD104)
12- @TBongX
13- @joe_diben
14- @USERID_77a23
15- @vsfit
16- @Skills (Skills_19657)

RACE 2

1- @Falango (GTP_Falango)
2- @USERID_77a23
3- @IceManFan_7 (drb1269247)
4- @nmcp1
5- @CoachMK21
6- @SGETI (CAPECOD104)
7- @TBongX
8- @hammersedge65
9- @turnupdaheat
10- @pkenuelo
11- @joe_diben
12- @Skills (Skills_19657)
13- @Wolfsatz
14- @aerolite (aeroliteflight)
15- @Mike Lobban (lobbanmike)
16- @vsfit

RACE 3
1- @nmcp1
2- @hammersedge65
3- @Falango (GTP_Falango)
4- @turnupdaheat
5- @joe_diben
6- @pkenuelo
7- @CoachMK21
8- @aerolite (aeroliteflight)
9- @TBongX
10- @Skills (Skills_19657)
11- @IceManFan_7 (drb1269247)
12- @USERID_77a23
13- @vsfit
14- @SGETI (CAPECOD104)
15- @Wolfsatz
16- @Mike Lobban (lobbanmike)

Last edited:
I have to strongly disagree. This car is so much fun to drive. Like ConnorWolf said, you have to be light and gentle with it. Sometimes if you feel too slow but maintain grip the entire time, you might be faster than Bing on the edge or slightly over. This is so true with this car. Sliding and getting a bit of tire smoke can easily lose you half a second

i kinda agree ... my favorite part is the downhill double right, i love to take it with a very slight drift.
my PB is 1:16,657

I didn't say it wasn't fun to drive i said it was a horrible little car that feels like its sitting on the front axle and the back axle is just for show I figured out how to drive it with in 5 minutes of practice and won with it last night during official practice beating out @CoachMK21

laugh out loud seriously i was hoping that it was a little more complicated then that like inside your casing! and depends you feel like driving half way between you and me!

If you are using paddles, just leave the shifter in neutral. It will default to 1st or whatever gear you want with the paddles

I didn't say it wasn't fun to drive i said it was a horrible little car that feels like its sitting on the front axle and the back axle is just for show I figured out how to drive it with in 5 minutes of practice and won with it last night during official practice beating out @CoachMK21

I know you didn't say it was fun to drive, that was just a statement. I'm disagreeing that it's a piece of crap, lol. I don't think it's a piece of crap at all! :P

Back