Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The ButtKicker Gamer2 features an all-new, rock-solid digital power amplifier that cranks 90 watts into your sim racing rig or seat. This convection cooled (fanless) amplifier includes a wired remote control and a base stand for vertical placement. Feel the gut-wrenching punch of a crash, the pounding of fenders, racing engines, backfires, gear shifts, rumble strips, screeching tires, engine throttle and more. Turn down or turn off your subwoofer and still feel all the bass - even while using headphones. Take your sim racing experience to the next level of realism with the ButtKicker Gamer2!!

Don't forget about our exclusive ButtKicker discounts!!

SNAILBKSK (for the ButtKicker Simulation Kit)
    SNAILBKGR2 (for the ButtKicker Gamer2)
    SNAILSHIPPING (for free shipping)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

3. ThE_MaX_GaMeR

ThE_MaX_GaMeR

4. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

I do run it as a fixed room because we had more problems seeing each other when i originally ran the room as unfixed host plus i am on Charter Cable Internet through a wireless router and don't face disconnection issues. My connection is a NAT Type 2 connection.

5. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 11/9/14

Pole Lap Honors:
    Round 1 (205 Turbo 16 @ Grand Valley East): @JLBowler 1:16.620
    Round 2 (R390 GT1 Road Car @ Monza): @SGETI 1:57.108
    Round 3 (V12 Vantage @ Red Bull Ring): @kadrek 1:37.803

Fast Lap Honors:
    Round 1 Race 1 : @kadrek 1:16.936
    Round 1 Race 2 : @kadrek 1:16.944

Round 2 Race 1 : @JLBowler 1:57.188
    Round 2 Race 2 : @kadrek 1:57.178

Round 3 Race 1 : @kadrek 1:37.620
    Round 3 Race 2 : @kadrek 1:37.751

Total Times/Wins:
    Round 1 Race 1 : @kadrek 10:27.197
    Round 1 Race 2 : @sprintr64 10:35.344

Round 2 Race 1 : @SGETI 9:56.566
    Round 2 Race 2 : @kadrek 9:56.861

Round 3 Race 1 : @kadrek 11:34.532
    Round 3 Race 2 : @JLBowler 11:41.608

We had another efficient night in D3. We finished on time, again, without any disconnect or lag issues. Tensions ran high at times, but it was overall a very fun night of close racing. Once again we had almost every racer finish on the podium at least once, which was great! We had only 4 points separating 1st through 3rd place for the night. @kadrek was particularly dominant with 1x pole, 5x fast laps, and 3x wins. @intoflatlines managed to finish only 1 point behind @kadrek in 2nd place despite having no poles, no fast laps, and not winning a race all night, which once again (it's getting old, I know) goes to show how important consistency is. It's true! :)

Thanks for the fun night of racing, D3!

Congrats to @kadrek for the unofficial win!

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

CoachMK21, kadrek, fzappa and 3 others like this.
  6. SGETI

SGETI

Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_1.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_2.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_3.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_4.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_5.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_6.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_7.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_8.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_9.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_10.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_11.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_12.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_13.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_14.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza_15.jpg Grand Valley East.jpg Grand Valley East_1.jpg Grand Valley East_2.jpg Grand Valley East_3.jpg Grand Valley East_4.jpg Grand Valley East_5.jpg Grand Valley East_6.jpg Grand Valley East_7.jpg Grand Valley East_8.jpg Grand Valley East_9.jpg Grand Valley East_10.jpg Grand Valley East_11.jpg Grand Valley East_12.jpg Grand Valley East_13.jpg Grand Valley East_14.jpg Grand Valley East_15.jpg Grand Valley East_16.jpg Red Bull Ring.jpg Red Bull Ring_1.jpg Red Bull Ring_2.jpg Red Bull Ring_3.jpg Red Bull Ring_3effect.jpg Red Bull Ring_4.jpg Red Bull Ring_5.jpg Red Bull Ring_6.jpg Red Bull Ring_7.jpg Red Bull Ring_8.jpg Red Bull Ring_9.jpg Red Bull Ring_10.jpg Red Bull Ring_11.jpg Red Bull Ring_12.jpg Red Bull Ring_13.jpg Red Bull Ring_14.jpg Red Bull Ring_15.jpg Red Bull Ring_16.jpg Red Bull Ring_17.jpg Red Bull Ring_18.jpg here are the pictures from Div 3.

faciar, Handlebar, DCschwinn and 8 others like this.
  7. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

8. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

9. SGETI

SGETI

Can someone tell me why some of the pictures show in thumbnail view, while the later ones show as smaller .jpg pictures?

I clicked on thumbnail for all. I have learned i can pick full version but i thought would take up to much real estate on the page. Even though the pictures do look better in full mode, my humble opinion.

If no one objects i can edit and show full pictures. Any objections?

10. fzappa

fzappa Premium

I've been running a 'fixed host' room for 7 weeks and have encountered no connection issues or lag. I think this is why:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My opinion is that if you want to host a Snail event like Sunday night, you first have to be hard wired, no question. I definitely run hardwired. The second thing is your Ping must be less than 100ms and have at least a 'B' line quality. I ran these tests right around when I would open up D3. I ran the tests today but are usually about the same everyday of the week at 6:15ish.

@JLBowler I'm curious if you checked D3's signal bars before entering and what you saw.

intoflatlines likes this.
  11. SGETI

SGETI

i am on a learning curve, HOW? any suggestion on where to read would be helpful.

12. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Of course they look better in full mode but if you click on one of the thumbnails you can browse/scroll through them all in full view, looks very good.

13. Falango

Falango

Getting some blur in your pictures is going to be a combination of changing your shutter speed and the camera pan mode. For shutter speed, the longer it is open (longest is 1/60th sec), the more of a blur you will get. The shorter it is open (slowest in game is 1/8000th sec), the sharper and more still your image will be. Try taking a picture at 1/8000 and then again at 1/60 and you'll see the difference. The pan mode in the camera options will also come into play. One mode makes the camera move with the car differently, so the car will be sharper while the background is blurred, one is the other way around, and I don't know what the third is, lol.

intoflatlines and SGETI like this.
  14. fzappa

fzappa Premium

The photos came out in full mode that you posted in the D3 conversation.:confused:

15. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I did look. It was four out of five bars showing. At least I think it's four out of five. It was all but one bar however many there are.

fzappa likes this.
  16. SGETI

SGETI

I posted them that way on our Div 3 thread. I figured why not enjoy the pictures in full view since everyone in the pictures is also associated with that thread. Should i post them full mode here?

If the boss says yes, who am i to argue

fzappa likes this.
  17. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

experimenting and trail by error is best! You will get surprisingly good shots just by experimenting.

get to the picture menu with the Triangle button, then choose Panning Mode 2 or 3 and use shutter speed of 1/250 or lower I usually do 1/125.

SGETI likes this.
  18. GamingPete

GamingPete

im not 100% sure but i think that happens when some pics are still uploading,
    when you go to edit your post and hit "more options" you should try to remove the pics in the post itself and then hit "thumbnail for all" again.

Check this thread out,
    alot of information about Photomode there:
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-gt6-photomode-faq-tutorial-depot.287344/

SGETI likes this.
  19. fzappa

fzappa Premium

Yeh, baby. The bigger the better. Photo [​IMG]

SGETI likes this.
  20. TomMang_68

TomMang_68

@joe_diben ponted me to a old article that @Wolfsatz posted a while back on how to take some great photos.I learned a lot from it but it helps to experiment a lot too.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-spec-racing-presented-by-buttkicker-feel-what-youve-been-missing-spots-open.235094/page-1720#post-9460037

SGETI likes this.
  21. GamingPete

GamingPete

get your own snail/flag avatar here:

Canada.png Spain.png Portugal.png Ireland.png UK.png Austria.png Scotland.png USA.png Brazil.png Germany.png mexico1.png

22. McTrucker

McTrucker

Being in the Middle of the country might be helping you. Less distance to travel. My signal had to go from west coast to east. But I am not sure if that is the problem either. Strangely, I have been racing since March and this is the first time I had this problem on a Sunday night. The only change is that I just moved to D6.

Grandpa Money likes this.
  23. SGETI

SGETI

Thanks for all the info, advice and support. i have been playing around.

Red Bull Ring_3effect.jpg

24. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

D4 Action Pack

@chevron leads the pack on lap 1
    [​IMG]

but oily patch claims traction and loses 2 positions; BTW Kudos for keeping out of the racing line! :bowdown:

[​IMG]

@Grandpa Money makes a swing move around and claims a position
    [​IMG]

Battle for 4th place was tight with @IceManFan_7 and @djhedges also completing a swing around pass
    [​IMG]

@Wardenclyffe hoping for a mistake
    [​IMG]

@IceManFan_7 capitalizes on a slide to take and recover a position.
    [​IMG]

@gotdirt410sp and @Wardenclyffe battling it out
    [​IMG]

@the tighest pack battling for 4th
    [​IMG]

GVE and the Pugeot 205 Turbo is a great combo.
    [​IMG]

@JJLopez427 with 2 poles last Sunday! Great Speed and leading the pack.
    [​IMG]

Turn 1 and a beauty shot!
    [​IMG]

Lap 1 before Ascari
    [​IMG]

@gotdirt410sp bump drafting @Grandpa Money
    [​IMG]

Ascari
    [​IMG]

Ascari II
    [​IMG]

@gotdirt410sp completing a pass and keeping it tidy
    [​IMG]

@nascarfan14 A Spy within us
    [​IMG]

@Wardenclyffe
    [​IMG]

at Roggia
    [​IMG]

@JJLopez427 with good pressure to take 1st place
    [​IMG]

and we both tried to outbrake each other.. I lose 2 positions
    [​IMG]

at Roggia from 3rd place
    [​IMG]

.072 2nd to 3rd
    [​IMG]

25. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Just because...

[​IMG]

intoflatlines likes this.
  26. SHOCKY_WELL

SHOCKY_WELL

check the filter on the phone line that was my problem with centurylink.

27. IceWarden

IceWarden

Check my sig.

SGETI and intoflatlines like this.
  28. SGETI

SGETI

i did click on signature, however it appears the link is no longer valid.

29. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

30. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

SNAILAges.PNG
    If you would like to add or edit data for this, click here. If you would like to view the data, click the table above.

Mini Stiggy likes this.