◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
If it's just an auto shut off timer, turn that thing off and save yourself the trouble. Much like a disconnect or a lag spike, that's an equipment failure. Those happen in racing. Some can be prevented by having better (or properly configured) equipment and some, such as a power outage, can't.

With penalties turned on it's a bit harder to tell intent. The ghosting algorithms have always been sketchy at best, but generally downright useless in helping to determine who did what, where and why. With penalties turned off, it will make it much simpler to tell when someone has used that start button for advantage. This carombolage you speak of, is this a driver behind trying to ghost through the mess? If so, that is against the rules as well. All cars are to be treated as solid at all times.
Nope this is the guy who spins in front of the herd of wildebeasts rapidly approaching him around a blind corner :crazy:

You have a Samsung?

yea i have a 55 inch 7series from samsung ... it actually displays a countdown when its about to shut off
but i did not even realised it its was rather small on the bottom left corner and i was really
concentrating on the corners on the big screen.

after this happened, i just completely disabled it, so the only time it will turn off is when i press off,
or somebody in the room says "hi tv, turn off, now. lol

yea i have a 55 inch 7series from samsung ... it actually displays a countdown when its about to shut off
but i did not even realised it its was rather small on the bottom left corner and i was really
concentrating on the corners on the big screen.

after this happened, i just completely disabled it, so the only time it will turn off is when i press off,
or somebody in the room says "hi tv, turn off, now. lol
That's funny:)
I need to find the setting in our TV to do that. Any ideas?

That's funny:)
I need to find the setting in our TV to do that. Any ideas?

it must be somewhere under the energy saving/mode options
however i also remember that early models had a bug where the tv would randomly shut off and on,
wich has nothing to do with the auto shut off,
mine actually had it aswell but samsung quickly put out a firmware update wich fixed it for me.

edit:

"In order to prevent this from happening, disable the "auto power off" feature.
This can be done by pressing the menu button on the remote and choosing System followed by Eco Solutions. Auto power off can be set to either on or off from here."

it must be somewhere under the energy saving/mode options
however i also remember that early models had a bug where the tv would randomly shut off and on,
wich has nothing to do with the auto shut off,
mine actually had it aswell but samsung quickly put out a firmware update wich fixed it for me.

edit:

"In order to prevent this from happening, disable the "auto power off" feature.
This can be done by pressing the menu button on the remote and choosing System followed by Eco Solutions. Auto power off can be set to either on or off from here."
Then there is the cat sleeping on the ps3 disconnect....random....he may swat the USB for the TV or the one with the bus holding the headset and G27. ...in one case it gets dark and quiet, AND YOU MISS THE MAYHEM YOU CAUSE...in the other case you GET TO WATCH HELPLESSLY ( in silence)AS YOUR CAR GOES BALLISTIC.

The fix was to reinstall the PS3 in the fake carbon fiber upright holder. The cat decided sleeping on the upright edge of the PS was not comfy.

I hope all of the veterans in our league had a great day. My work place had a huge veterans sale going on for any veterans. But finally I hope that after a year of fighting to get into the military I may finally get my chance as now both the Air Force and Navy both now want me and they've given me some interesting jobs that I can take a look at especially EOD. Hope that you all had a great day. Hoo Wah. Semper Fi.

@JLBowler, @CoachMK21

After a refreshing pause I would like to return to the sunday's event.
What do I need to do?

Start a private conversation with me so that when I go to update the drivers list, I have a reminder of your request and hopefully don't forget about it. You know how stuff can get buried in the main thread. I will be updating the list tomorrow morning.

Welcome back.

images

1990/10/01 to 1992/04/20
B.E.T.P. Portugal

Start a private conversation with me so that when I go to update the drivers list, I have a reminder of your request and hopefully don't forget about it. You know how stuff can get buried in the main thread. I will be updating the list tomorrow morning.

Welcome back.
OK. Thank you

I hope all of the veterans in our league had a great day. My work place had a huge veterans sale going on for any veterans. But finally I hope that after a year of fighting to get into the military I may finally get my chance as now both the Air Force and Navy both now want me and they've given me some interesting jobs that I can take a look at especially EOD. Hope that you all had a great day. Hoo Wah. Semper Fi.
REMEMBER THE PRIME RULE OF THE MILITARY.....if their lips are moving they are lying.
This applys doubly in case of recuiters. Hope ya make it Bud.

I meant full-stop on the action of pausing to ghost
I have used the pause button when wrecking in front of a bunch of cars especially when I noticed my car was not ghosted and I was facing traffic. so I would not cause a lot of mayhem. never used it to stay on track thou. its hard enough for me to drive change gears watching out not to wreck everyone else and find breaking points.etc.

I have used the pause button when wrecking in front of a bunch of cars especially when I noticed my car was not ghosted and I was facing traffic. so I would not cause a lot of mayhem. never used it to stay on track thou. its hard enough for me to drive change gears watching out not to wreck everyone else and find breaking points.etc.

That right there takes the realism away from the racing. Accidents happen and they are a part of racing. The drivers coming up on you are required by the OLR to treat your car as if it is solid. Too many drivers don't do this and use the ghosting as a crutch. Those crutches are being taken away and everyone is going to have to learn how to avoid trouble on the race track. It's kind of an important part of racing.

That right there takes the realism away from the racing. Accidents happen and they are a part of racing. The drivers coming up on you are required by the OLR to treat your car as if it is solid. Too many drivers don't do this and use the ghosting as a crutch. Those crutches are being taken away and everyone is going to have to learn how to avoid trouble on the race track. It's kind of an important part of racing.
ok I understand and I will not do it anymore. my mistake. again I am still learning and striving to do better and get better.

Photographer showed up at the Autocross on Sunday - he did a time lapse of a friend's run that ended up interesting...

qWKuSRn.jpg

I wish we could pull that one off in our replays.

I could probably make it happen with one of the static cameras, as long as the camera doesn't move.

Back