• 147,326 comments
It's shaping up....

Prelim Nov 16.png

Last edited:
I have selected the following:

Impreza Sedan WRX STI Version (Type-I) '00

PP:
460 HP: 311 Weight: 1,430

Track: Special Stage Route 5, 2.35 miles long, forward.
Good!

While I'm looking up some of the info, what lap times did you run?

I hope all of the veterans in our league had a great day. My work place had a huge veterans sale going on for any veterans. But finally I hope that after a year of fighting to get into the military I may finally get my chance as now both the Air Force and Navy both now want me and they've given me some interesting jobs that I can take a look at especially EOD. Hope that you all had a great day. Hoo Wah. Semper Fi.
dont do security forces lol. oh and if you fail out of EOD say hello to security forces lol

The track boundaries post has been update to include the tracks that were just selected. Please read what is in there. It's very simple but there are any specific questions, ask them here and I will answer.

Data is in for D2.

Course 1: Grand Valley East
Pole position: @Falango 1:16.365
Race 1 winner: @Falango (+1.053 to @Kgffy)
Race 2 winner: @nmcp1 (+0.656 to @Rednose58)
Fastest lap: @Kgffy 1:16.506

Course 2: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Pole position: @turnupdaheat 1:57.103
Race 1 winner: @turnupdaheat (+1.249 to @hammersedge65)
Race 2 winner: @Falango (+0.051 to @hammersedge65)
Fastest lap: @turnupdaheat 1:56.175

Course 3: Red Bull Ring
Pole position: @Falango 1:37.755
Race 1 winner: @Kgffy (+4.012 to @GamingPete)
Race 2 winner: @Rednose58 (+0.955 to @Falango)
Fastest lap: @Kgffy 1:37.785

Fun with numbers!

0.024 - Gap from first to second qualifiers @ Monza

0.051 - Gap from first to second in second race @ Monza. Photo finish!

1.329 - Difference in winners race time between first and second races @ Monza

4 - Countries represented on the night for D2 (United States (4), Canada (2), Ireland (1), Austria (1))

5 - Different winners on the night

7 - Drivers to make it to the podium

10.048 - Smallest gap from first to eighth, top 6 separated by less than 4 seconds! (second race @ GVE)

166.35 - Kilometers raced for the weekend (103.37 miles)

179.512 - Average speed in kph for the fastest lap @ Monza for @turnupdaheat

I have used the pause button when wrecking in front of a bunch of cars especially when I noticed my car was not ghosted and I was facing traffic. so I would not cause a lot of mayhem. never used it to stay on track thou. its hard enough for me to drive change gears watching out not to wreck everyone else and find breaking points.etc.

Wow.. I am out of the loop.. Never heard of this little "Trick"? For someone who has spent alot of time on the beach, one would think I would know about this? Sounds like a game changer!! lol

That right there takes the realism away from the racing. Accidents happen and they are a part of racing. The drivers coming up on you are required by the OLR to treat your car as if it is solid. Too many drivers don't do this and use the ghosting as a crutch. Those crutches are being taken away and everyone is going to have to learn how to avoid trouble on the race track. It's kind of an important part of racing.

I cant stand the ghosting feature for the penalties. I believe D8 is the only division running penalties on Weak?? I Think!? Honestly, it can only help if the penalties are the same as the other divisions! That is just my opinion not anyone else's!! Is there a plan to do this in D8?

Then there is the cat sleeping on the ps3 disconnect....random....he may swat the USB for the TV or the one with the bus holding the headset and G27. ...in one case it gets dark and quiet, AND YOU MISS THE MAYHEM YOU CAUSE...in the other case you GET TO WATCH HELPLESSLY ( in silence)AS YOUR CAR GOES BALLISTIC.

The fix was to reinstall the PS3 in the fake carbon fiber upright holder. The cat decided sleeping on the upright edge of the PS was not comfy.
KILL THE CAT!

I cant stand the ghosting feature for the penalties. I believe D8 is the only division running penalties on Weak?? I Think!? Honestly, it can only help if the penalties are the same as the other divisions! That is just my opinion not anyone else's!! Is there a plan to do this in D8?
D7 too

Last edited:
Wow.. I am out of the loop.. Never heard of this little "Trick"? For someone who has spent alot of time on the beach, one would think I would know about this? Sounds like a game changer!! lol

D7 is scheduled to roll on Penalties set to Off next month with D8 to follow the month after that. At that point @zer05ive will be able to simplify that particular rule in post 1.

Sounds awesome. Im in Adelaide, South Australia. Definately keen to sign up.

@agolfer78

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

D7 is scheduled to roll on Penalties set to Off next month with D8 to follow the month after that. At that point @zer05ive will be able to simplify that particular rule in post 1.
I know I was just informing him that D8 wasn't the only division still running penalties and it doesn't bother me either way i just try to get out front and stay there :mischievous:

This is awesome! Can I join? please?

@pakicote

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I hope all of the veterans in our league had a great day. My work place had a huge veterans sale going on for any veterans. But finally I hope that after a year of fighting to get into the military I may finally get my chance as now both the Air Force and Navy both now want me and they've given me some interesting jobs that I can take a look at especially EOD. Hope that you all had a great day. Hoo Wah. Semper Fi.
EOD is not a job I would want. Go with the air force if you can, imagine being stuck on a ship for months with no nookie, unless???... Never mind, good luck with whatever.

EOD is not a job I would want. Go with the air force if you can, imagine being stuck on a ship for months with no nookie, unless???... Never mind, good luck with whatever.
They have females (presumably) on boats in the navy now. But I also wouldn't go EOD. I would probably look at becoming a drone operator myself.

Results Summary for D5 - 11/9/14

Combo 1 - Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 at Grand Valley East
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:31.317
Pole
@USERID_77a23 - 1:17.205
Gold @USERID_77a23 Silver @TEX36 Bronze @Madstar116
Fast Lap @USERID_77a23 - 1:17.069

Race 2 - Total Race: 10:32.228
Gold
@GTP_Nobby Silver @Rockhound18 Bronze @llNovall
Fast Lap @GTP_Nobby - 1:17.524

Combo 2 - Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98 at Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Race 1 - Total Race: 9:57.877
Pole
@GTP_Nobby - 1:57.920
Gold @GTP_Nobby Silver @ThE_MaX_GaMeR Bronze @pkenuelo
Fast Lap @pkenuelo - 1:57.513

Race 2 - Total Race: 10:00.098
Gold
@MajorBlixem Silver @Scott G Bronze @Madstar116
Fast Lap @MajorBlixem - 1:58.057

Combo 3 - Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 at Red Bull Ring
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:41.802
Pole
@USERID_77a23 - 1:38.427
Gold @CoachMK21 Silver @GTP_Nobby Bronze @USERID_77a23
Fast Lap @CoachMK21 - 1:38.460

Race 2 - Total Race: 11:44.569
Gold
@pkenuelo Silver @CoachMK21 Bronze @Madstar116
Fast Lap @pkenuelo - 1:38.222

Congrats to @USERID_77a23 for the overall win!!

Back