◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Now that we have communities in GT6, and reading this:

Club practice @ Spa (did not see any testing rooms)

1472-6681-3286-8587-8008

Makes me nostalgic for:

S.N.A.I.L. Divisional Lounge System

This is how we use our three divisional accounts when it's not Sunday night:

SNAIL_Division1 - Any racing, practice, or tutoring using the cars and tracks on the Sunday lineup

SNAIL_Division2 - Any traditional racing event not using cars from the Sunday lineup (e.g. Parity Racing, Shuffle Racing, Team Racing, etc)

SNAIL_Division3 - Any untraditional racing or "just for fun" games such as Cat & Mouse and Magic Lap Racing

A summary of all of these events can be found on our weekly calendar.

How many of us can remember that post?

Last edited:
That is where you can make it non eligible drivers and also why I said the best time trial so that they are competing for the best time. You can pick a tt that you deem fit and only tell 1 or 2 other people so that it is "fair" and take the best time it gives you for the draw. Also it makes the tt's competitive and bring more traffic to the tt's. Or you can even pick a division only tell a few others to keep it" fair" and there is your winner. think of the possibilities! and the traffic you can bring to the tt's
Not really interested in bringing traffic to the TT's over having a very public and very random selection of the winning number.

and seriously we have drivers THAT good that they can determine exactly what number they want on the last 2 numbers in a tt time! (yeah i had to let it digest then it hit me)
You're missing the point. Each finalist selects a set of numbers publicly and if one of their numbers is the winning number, they win the prize. There is no getting around that the numbers will need to be picked before the process to get the random number begins. But since the numbers are known, drivers could easily see who would win if their TT time was the winning time. That's a problem because they could just decide they would rather someone else win the prize and therefore try to improve their time (that would result in a different winner).

You're missing the point. Each finalist selects a set of numbers publicly and if one of their numbers is the winning number, they win the prize. There is no getting around that the numbers will need to be picked before the process to get the random number begins. But since the numbers are known, drivers could easily see who would win if their TT time was the winning time. That's a problem because they could just decide they would rather someone else win the prize and therefore try to improve their time (that would result in a different winner).
Oh i got that but to suggest that we have ANY driver who can lap ANY track exactly .001 seconds or even .010 ahead of there previous best time is laughable. Especially to that precise a degree! I under stand that i'm new to club but even the absolute best driver in the world could not beat a previous lap ON purpose by exactly .001 And then there are the variables of which divisions time is being used to determine the winner. How many drivers in said division recognize and spend hours to get there exact friends number come on.

Last edited:
Not really interested in bringing traffic to the TT's over having a very public and very random selection of the winning number.You're missing the point. Each finalist selects a set of numbers publicly and if one of their numbers is the winning number, they win the prize. There is no getting around that the numbers will need to be picked before the process to get the random number begins. But since the numbers are known, drivers could easily see who would win if their TT time was the winning time. That's a problem because they could just decide they would rather someone else win the prize and therefore try to improve their time (that would result in a different winner).
Actually just been thinking you want public, you want random, you want a defined time and place. the roc is Friday there your time right there you will know when where and how. people should be thinking about winning the race not setting the best lap or trying to take out someone they don't like from winning the prize.

@zer05ive @JLBowler @Dragonwhisky @CoachMK21 @Rednose58

Prize selection

West Surrey Racing, 1983 Ayrton Senna (559pp/172hp after oil change) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s
that's a bold choice. You may get some complaints from the peanut gallery, but I for one am happy. I love that car, and it will be a lot of fun on that track.

@zer05ive @JLBowler @Dragonwhisky @CoachMK21 @Rednose58

Prize selection

West Surrey Racing, 1983 Ayrton Senna (559pp/172hp after oil change) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s

I hope you either have thick skin or don't plan on reading the thread for a bit.

This is part of the reason why there is no urgency to raise the credit limit for cars. We keep using the same cars when there are 1089 to choose from, well over 600 even counting duplicates.

I will post the full table tomorrow evening when we have some other lap time feedback.

In the meantime, here are the Combos for Thanksgiving weekend

Prelim Nov 30.png

Last edited:
Since it appears that I'm not going to catch a top of page post I'll just put this here.

Effective for the December season and moving forward, SNAIL will be changing the way we put together our Sunday night schedule.

All qualifying sessions will be 6 minutes in duration. Number of race laps does not matter anymore and everyone is allowed as many laps as they can fit into the 6 minutes.

Race laps will be determined by taking the average lap time and running as many laps as possible without going over 12 minutes. Example: If the average lap time is 1:45 the number of laps will be 6. The formula is more or less as follows: 720 seconds divided by lap time in seconds. We will take the whole number and drop anything past the decimal point and that is the number of laps. Under no circumstances will the average lap time multiplied by the number of laps give us a number greater than 720 seconds which is 12 minutes.

Oh i got that but to suggest that we have ANY driver who can lap ANY track exactly .001 seconds or even .010 ahead of there previous best time is laughable. Especially to that precise a degree! I under stand that i'm new to club but even the absolute best driver in the world could not beat a previous lap ON purpose by exactly .001 And then there are the variables of which divisions time is being used to determine the winner. How many drivers in said division recognize and spend hours to get there exact friends number come on.
Please re-read my posts. I've explained this twice now, but you're reading something entirely different from what I have written - twice. I've never once suggested a driver can lap any track exactly with the precision of thousandths of seconds. The only thing laughable is is that I'm even bothering to try to explain this again, but here goes.. If a driver knows that his fast lap could mean a given finalist would be the winner, and he would rather someone else win, he could simply try to improve his time so that someone else would win.

If Spa wins and gets a few votes next week, maybe you all win and take the RUF there where it should go in the first place ;)
Hi @JoeW kept fingers crossed the RUF would be chosen this combo for nearly any track - unfortunately not but looking forward to that day it will be ;)
cheers

Data is in for D2.

Overall Winner: @gtr3123 with 84 points!

Course 1: Circuito di Roma
Pole position: @gtr3123 1:11.569
Race 1 winner: @gtr3123
Race 2 winner: @Falango
Fastest lap: @gtr3123 1:10.800

Course 2: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
Pole position: @gtr3123 2:29.625
Race 2 winner: @turnupdaheat
Fastest lap: @gtr3123 2:29.750

Course 3: Apricot Hill Raceway - Reverse
Pole position: @gtr3123 1:27.147
Race 2 winner: @hammersedge65
Fastest lap: @Bryds 1:27.208

Fun with numbers!

0 - IRs filed against D2 drivers. Fast, clean, D2!

0.026 - Difference between 1st and 2nd qualifiers @ Apricot Hill in the Aston. Close one between @gtr3123 and @Bryds!

1 - New driver to welcome to the division, @Lessen! Welcome to D2!

3 - Wins, fastest laps, and pole positions for @gtr3123. Slow down please! :P

4 - Different winners on the night

4.789 - Difference from 1st to 6th in the first race @ Spa. Very close races there!

8 - Drivers on the podium for the night

255 - Points for the November season for the D2 winner, @Falango!!

6188 - Tense moments during intense battles for position throughout the night (It sure seemed like that many)

Another great week of racing competitive and respectful racing in D2 this weekend. Lots of great battles! I leave you with this moment in time coming down the Kemmel Straight @ Spa. We use all the track :P (a few little edits down to spice it up)

spa.jpg

KNOCK KNOCK SNAIL [Spec]Racing CAN YOU SEE MEEEEE! . I WANT TO DO TIME TRIALS AND STUFF TOO SO WHERE IS MY INVITE ... HELP
There seems to be a problem with the PSNID you registered with SNAIL. The invite has failed at least twice now. Just attempted again and got the following message from GT6;
gotdirterror.PNG

You will, like @Schmiggz and @tezgm99 and several other Snails, need to find that Allow Messages from Non-Friends setting, check the box for it and send a GT6 Community message to SNAIL_SpecRacing so I can verify the spelling and characters in your PSN ID, before an invite can be sent. You cannot join until the invite is sent, the invite cannot be sent until you send the message to the club owner account.

The SNAIL_SpecRacing account does not require Friend Requests for you to join the club and will not be accepting any.

Please re-read my posts. I've explained this twice now, but you're reading something entirely different from what I have written - twice. I've never once suggested a driver can lap any track exactly with the precision of thousandths of seconds. The only thing laughable is is that I'm even bothering to try to explain this again, but here goes.. If a driver knows that his fast lap could mean a given finalist would be the winner, and he would rather someone else win, he could simply try to improve his time so that someone else would win.
YOUR FULL OF IT! I get it you don't like my idea. But to suggest that YOUR friends in SNAIL are that underhanded or have THAT much time on there hands to purposely screw over another SNAIL you go right ahead and believe that i refuse too! So far anyone I have either raced solo or in a group has shown me nothing but respect. Most have even tried to help me improve. So you go ahead and think that YOUR people in YOUR group who'd EVER not try there best no matter what but I won't

Back