◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
SNAILData.png

The December Results have been archived and the Results sheets have been prepped for January.

So when did we start thinking it is ok to push someone out into wall or off line and not concede position in practice? Why is practice so different than race night? I don't get the philosophy of practicing one way and then racing "officially" another. It is legal to be slower than the guy/gal behind you, and it is up to him/her to pass without contact. Check out OLR 05: A, C 06: A

So when did we start thinking it is ok to push someone out into wall or off line and not concede position in practice? Why is practice so different than race night? I don't get the philosophy of practicing one way and then racing "officially" another. It is legal to be slower than the guy/gal behind you, and it is up to him/her to pass without contact. Check out OLR 05: A, C 06: A
Now you see why I quit practicing on official practice nights?

I hope we are PMing the supposed guilty parties along with the no-name public accusations. I do agree that we should all be practicing OLR at all times, but it does no good if said parties are not made aware directly. If it's already been discussed in the practice room, there certainly isn't any need for it here. I mean, if we're not supposed to talk about Sunday race incidents, why would we talk about Thursday race incidents?

I need the practice and like running with the fast guys to see how I can improve my line ... but when reverse order kicks in and I'm up front I always feel like I've been mugged by turn 2. Some guys are too aggressive and it rubs off on a lot of us who are just to trying to keep up. I'll continue to run in the practice rooms but don't really enjoy it. Race night is a different story ... Great fun in D8.

What I find interesting is that this is not the first time (in my short history here) that I've read discontent with Thursday practices, yet I've read far fewer by anybody actually defending their existence. So my question is... Are they really necessary and do they even provide anything beneficial overall? I see no good reason to promote an "official" practice session if the pro's do not outweigh the con's. 2cents here.

Yeah, i'm getting fed up with practice rooms too. What happened today at Tokio was embarrassing for snail.

I need the practice and like running with the fast guys to see how I can improve my line ... but when reverse order kicks in and I'm up front I always feel like I've been mugged by turn 2. Some guys are too aggressive and it rubs off on a lot of us who are just to trying to keep up. I'll continue to run in the practice rooms but don't really enjoy it. Race night is a different story ... Great fun in D8.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the Thursday night practices either. I find them far less beneficial than any random casual practice room I jump into throughout the week.

...and it makes no sense. Multi division practices are run all week, then Thursday comes and it feels like there's actually $10grand for the winner and some will kill to get it
(1) It's good to know I'm not alone (2) now that we know there is a real concern, let us focus on a solution and not the problem (i.e. not poison the thread).

What can we as a community do to solve this issue?
  • IRs? - would this overburden the current stewards? Organize "practice stewards"?
  • Have post race discussions? - possible adrenaline interference
  • Have 4 lobbies? - D1/2--D3/4--D5/6--D7/D8; or 8 lobbies, 1 per division?
  • Solutions.....?

Back