Round 3 Race 2 : @pakicote 1:53.813

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 : @GTP_Vertigo 11:24.304
Round 1 Race 2 : @FloptaStr8 11:34.395

Round 2 Race 1 : @pakicote 11:24.401
Round 2 Race 2 : @USERID_77a23 11:23.795

Round 3 Race 1 : @FloptaStr8 11:28.836
Round 3 Race 2 : @pakicote 11:30.763

It was a fun night in D3 as usual. Although I got caught in a snowstorm and missed qualifying/first race of the night, it didn't take away from the fun in D3. From what I saw (towards the back of the pack), racing was clean and respectful and I did see some good battles. Combos were fun, in my opinion, so it was difficult to choose one to vote off. I'm particularly glad that the RGT stayed another week because that car is a blast to drive. Tokyo, being a city course, can sometimes lead to "bumper car" incidents but it was the most fun combo of the night for me.

Congrats to @Rednose58 for the unofficial win. He beat @GTP_Vertigo by 4 points even though he didn't have a win all night. Consistency is important! @GTP_Vertigo also had another great night with 2x poles, 4x fast laps, and a win. He managed to finish 1 point in front of @serge19.

Thanks to all in D3 for a night of good racing, and thanks to @USERID_77a23 for getting the Fast Lap for C3R2 for me.

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

Last edited:
I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN. :)

Not that I believe I can make the time on Sunday nights often :/ , but I'd like to be registered to have the option to participate when I can, if that's OK?
(BTW: I'm confused about what time it starts?)

So what do I need to do to sign up and get assigned to a division?
(A division for lesser performing drivers, please! lol @Handlebar can attest to my mediocre-ness.)

@Hellbringer69 RE: Ascari track boundaries.
I think the discussion here came around the same time we tried out the Ascari track in Makeshift Shuffle. (If you're interested... example of what happens when you don't have a firm rule in place ahead of time. LOL :scared:)
We also decided that if you have a wheel in the grass at the chicane, you're cutting. Our rules for track boundaries are very very (eerily) similar to SNAIL, and I don't think that's a coincidence... even though we didn't collude. haha.
IIRC, it worked out well in a race on Ascari after that.
I personally don't see Ascari as necessarily any more steward-intensive than many other tracks with potential problem areas. If I decided not to race a track because there are dubious spots where people sometimes cut or go wide accidentally (or on purpose)... I'd never race Monza or Deep Forest either. :/
Just my
2cents.gif

@watermelon punch

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Not that I believe I can make the time on Sunday nights often :/ , but I'd like to be registered to have the option to participate when I can, if that's OK?
(BTW: I'm confused about what time it starts?)

So what do I need to do to sign up and get assigned to a division?
(A division for lesser performing drivers, please! lol @Handlebar can attest to my mediocre-ness.)

@Hellbringer69 RE: Ascari track boundaries.
I think the discussion here came around the same time we tried out the Ascari track in Makeshift Shuffle. (If you're interested... example of what happens when you don't have a firm rule in place ahead of time. LOL :scared:)
We also decided that if you have a wheel in the grass at the chicane, you're cutting. Our rules for track boundaries are very very (eerily) similar to SNAIL, and I don't think that's a coincidence... even though we didn't collude. haha.
IIRC, it worked out well in a race on Ascari after that.
I personally don't see Ascari as necessarily any more steward-intensive than many other tracks with potential problem areas. If I decided not to race a track because there are dubious spots where people sometimes cut or go wide accidentally (or on purpose)... I'd never race Monza or Deep Forest either. :/
Just my
2cents.gif

If you're not going to be a regular participant, read this post and let me know if you have any questions about it.

If you're not going to be a regular participant, read this post and let me know if you have any questions about it.
No questions, that sounds quite fair to me, and all members.
That I would be treated in commensurate to my involvement. 👍 I agree wholeheartedly with that policy & think it speaks well of the organization of the league.

Append:
I am, however, having trouble getting the private conversation started.
It keeps telling me those users don't exist, and the auto-fill is not prompting. :boggled:
I'll try again a bit later.
Nevermind... I was trying to put the @ symbols in the conversation participants field. :rolleyes:
(I just copied & pasted. lol)

Last edited:
I had a dream...

Last night I had a beautiful dream...
I dreamed that vsfit, naturally tired of a bee car that we've been racing for centuries decided to freeze that beautiful Grand Valley Speedway and then Tangled_up, in an enormous will of creating a perfect combo with a powerful but truly enjoyable ride, would get the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale or maybe the Pagani Zonda C125S 7.3...
But then, the alarm clock woke me up and I went to work...sad...!

I had a dream...

I dreamed that vsfit, naturally tired of a bee car that we've been racing for centuries decided to freeze that beautiful Grand Valley Speedway and then Tangled_up, in an enormous will of creating a perfect combo with a powerful but truly enjoyable ride, would get the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale or maybe the Pagani Zonda C125S 7.3...
keep dreaming ;)

I had a dream...

You sir, are a masterful story teller.

Schmiggy, we are talking and have some really good ideas.... we hope. Just know this, we will try to put something together based on our passion for close racing and a combo that rewards race-craft at the highest levels. With that said, I like the car suggestions you posted and I'm pretty sure Tangled is following along with this when he can throughout his workday as I am.

I like the little story better though.
Have a great day Schmiggz

Prize A:
After spending the past 2 days trying to figure out a combo that's never been done before as well as fun for all divisions. I have chosen the Mini Marcos GT '70 at The Stowe Circuit.
The car is at 391PP(after oil change), comfort soft tires, FF drivetrain.
My fastest lap time (D6) is 1:08.4 but my average lap time is 1:09s

Awesome pick! Congratulations on your victory and truly honored to race with you this Sunday! I had so much fun!!!
Now.... expecting news from @vsfit and @Tangled_Up because I need a lot more practice to be consistent.

BTW, is there anyway I or any SNAIL driver could get some driving lessons in consistency, and other subjects like speed, recovery from mistakes... ? How could those workout without headset...? (I don't have one right now)

You sir, are a masterful story teller.

Schmiggy, we are talking and have some really good ideas.... we hope. Just know this, we will try to put something together based on our passion for close racing and a combo that rewards race-craft at the highest levels. With that said, I like the car suggestions you posted and I'm pretty sure Tangled is following along with this when he can throughout his workday as I am.

I like the little story better though.
Have a great day Schmiggz
Lol, thanks fit. Just do me a favor.... let the Elise go... pleeeeeeease :guilty:

Having a new car on the track will be bad. You will be used to different braking and turn in points.

It's safer to take the car to a new track since we are familiar with the car.
Really? Sorry dude, no offense but thats the dummest excuse i ever heard, lol.
There's another 759 cars in this game that provides close racing. Just use a little bit of imagination.
I don't mind the Elise but after 6 weeks its enough! Snail is suppose to be unique... Not boring! Continuing the Elise is a huge step towards boredom.

If you can make life a little better don't you go for it? I do but hey, its obviously a prize winner choice. I'll rest my case and let it flow

Its unfortunate that the GT6 physics problems with regard to car balance vs for/aft weight transfer are on full display with the RUF. If the physics were more correct, the RUF would be much easier to drive, although it would have quite a bit of push under throttle which is less fun :)
Its interesting how it doesn't seem to lose any front grip as you pick up the throttle. In real life it would change to lots of understeer under heavy throttle as lots of weight is transferred off the front in that situation, the steering goes very numb, and the car will basically just want to go straight. Its not uncommon for a MR or RR car to completely lift an inside front tire under heavy throttle, because of the high % of weight that gets transferred to the rear.

Back