◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments

Introducing the GranStand.
The GranStand racing stand system is fully modular, allowing for customization beyond the efforts of many others on the market. This also allows for selection of a model that fits not only your needs, but your budget as well, and always allows for additional modules.

Don't forget your exclusive SNAIL discount on all GranStand products!

Last edited:
tumblrlgld0bvc3w1qce7cd.gif

Gran Turismo does have a lot to prove moving forward... Very much looking forward to PCARS myself, we'll see how bad the hype distorts the truth in a couple of months...
Very good point. As they say, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Although it's entirely possible that Projects CARS lives up to the hype, I'm rooting for Kaz and PD to completely blow it out of the water with GT7. The Gran Turismo franchise was historic and ground-breaking, and most of us have an emotional bond with it at some level. It's like a good friend that you want so see triumph and share in their success.

That being said, it seems apparent that Project CARS will be the first legit racing game on the PS4 (SNAIL's eventual platform of choice once GT7 launches), so I think this is still something we should consider doing. Thoughts?

I'll eventually get a PS4, but will also have to get a new wheel by the sounds of it too, so it'll all be a big purchase. If Project Cars does turn out pretty good, I'd be down for joining a SNAIL division in it, for sure!

Hello everyone... would like to join your league!

@brian540

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Just in case the powers that be would like you to run through the new membership joining process.

Would like to join. Back From racing this past summer thanks

@Ph1sher

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Granturismo is falling behind and right now is considered the 5th or 6th best race simulator behind i-racing, r factor and even behind project c.a.r.s. that haven't come out yet but checked upon the demo releases.
The physics are generally bad, engine noises are crap, specially in the racing cars, the speed is slightly unrealistic and it's exaggerated slippery and the screaming of tires is definitely one annoying thing. Real world tracks have major flaws as the bus stop in Daytona is the best example. Adding to all of that PD doesn't prize us with some DLC with new cars and tracks. All we get is this fake rides called vision granturismo.
If GT7 comes anything short than absolutely amazing, i will be moving on.
i-racing and project to cars are definitely the new big thing but for i-racing I need to purchase a new pc.
Just wanted to say that for a poor man like my self, I think gt6 helps me get as close to my dream of racing as I will ever get. Yea I know some things need work, but to be able to go by a 79 dallor game( broke the bank for it),get to compete against all the awesome drivers I've met, get to join Snail_Racing, and learn way more than I would have otherwise all for the price of a game. I couldn't beat this with a stick.

I just hope sony really looks at the wheel support there are people that went and paid money for new wheels just for gt6.To screw them they will lose them for sure

I just hope sony really looks at the wheel support there are people that went and paid money for new wheels just for gt6.To screw them they will lose them for sure
Is there an official announcement that existing wheels will NOT work or is everyone assuming the info on the lack of Sony not saying they will work with the PS4. These two situations are very different. Microsoft made it very clear that they would not support existing hardware with the XBox1. I have not seen that same info from Sony yet (granted, I have not looked that hard either)

Is there an official announcement that existing wheels will NOT work or is everyone assuming the info on the lack of Sony not saying they will work with the PS4. These two situations are very different. Microsoft made it very clear that they would not support existing hardware with the XBox1. I have not seen that same info from Sony yet (granted, I have not looked that hard either)
Not from sony only from Logitech the drivers or something no Logitech or fanatic for project cars yet checked it last night. Seen a guy on some gtplanet forum he spent 1000. dollars in stuff for gt6 I hope the fix it or pc for me

It is true that there are no games currently that will support existing wheels on PS4 due to the game itself not supporting FFB. Im still holding out hope that once PCars comes out, that existing Fanatec will be supported

Everyone involved seems to have a different story. There is the theory of a security chip that a wheel would have to have to work with the PS4 but the fact the the T500 will work and is supported by project cars blows that theory out of the water. Sony has said it's up to each game developer to supply wheel compatibility. There are ways around a lot of things and the fact that the T500 will work just goes to prove that.

Prize C

The track is frozen to Grand Valley Speedway.
The new car will be the Lexus IS350 GT 300 Base Model '08
513PP/333HP After Oil Change
Tires/Racing Hard

Wgt./1,150
@JLBowler
Really? And that's the car I'm using for the GTP Endurance series for my team. Lol. Looks like I will bee getting extra testing with my car. Now if only it would've been at any one of the three tracks i'll racing it in then that would be a perfect combo for me lol.

Prize C

The track is frozen to Grand Valley Speedway.
The new car will be the Lexus IS350 GT 300 Base Model '08
513PP/333HP After Oil Change
Tires/Racing Hard

Wgt./1,150
@JLBowler

For clarification to anyone who might be wondering. You may NOT use the Weds Sport IS350 "08 version of this car. It's specs are not identical to the base model. Anyone using the wrong version of the car will be asked to leave the room. If it gets by the host, you will have your race results deleted from the record for using the wrong car.

Very good point. As they say, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Although it's entirely possible that Projects CARS lives up to the hype, I'm rooting for Kaz and PD to completely blow it out of the water with GT7. The Gran Turismo franchise was historic and ground-breaking, and most of us have an emotional bond with it at some level. It's like a good friend that you want so see triumph and share in their success.

That being said, it seems apparent that Project CARS will be the first legit racing game on the PS4 (SNAIL's eventual platform of choice once GT7 launches), so I think this is still something we should consider doing. Thoughts?

Haven't been on these forums in a while, whatup everyone

I'm down for a project cars league. Project cars will probably be more well produced than a GT game because of how closely the developers worked with the community rather than acting like they are the secret service like PD.

Might be willing to help organize for project cars league, one of the only games I have looked forward to for quite some time.

For clarification to anyone who might be wondering. You may NOT use the Weds Sport IS350 "08 version of this car. It's specs are not identical to the base model. Anyone using the wrong version of the car will be asked to leave the room. If it gets by the host, you will have your race results deleted from the record for using the wrong car.
What part(s) of the car are not the same?

Back