◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
January 18, 2015 Line-up

Marcos on Silverstone.png

RUF on Tokyo.png
Lexus on GVS.png

...and @zer05ive , you have your TIRES back....

Last edited:
Last night I came back from a business trip. I met up with my wife at the movies. We came home after the movies and there was a BIG heavy box (130lbs) in the front entrance - my wonderful wife had a big surprize waiting for me.....

For the past two years, this was my set-up:

Before.jpg

As of 2:00am local time this morning, this is my new setup.....

Seat.jpg

She even ordered the ButtKicker attachment too. So, there is room for a future birthday present....

Thank you, my wonderful wife!!

Last night I came back from a business trip. I met up with my wife at the movies. We came home after the movies and there was a BIG heavy box (130lbs) in the front entrance - my wonderful wife had a big surprize waiting for me.....

View attachment 291905

View attachment 291904

She even ordered the ButtKicker attachment too. So, there is room for a future birthday present....

I see @MajorBlixem in your sights there... Look out major, he's coming with a new rig now

Effective for the start of the December season. Division 7 will be running with penalties off.

Division 8 can expect this change to take place for the start of the Jan. season.

I can see how this might not be clear enough as I only said "can expect" instead of saying turn them off. Well, for the start of the Feb. season, D8 needs to turn off penalties.

@JLBowler ... looking for a ruling on the Marco's wheels.

There is no option to change wheels on the standard size. You can only change your wheels if you upsize them. It seems as if GT6 doesn't treat upsizing the wheels as an enhancement because we had guys in the room last night with upsized wheels.

Can we have a yah or a nay... Are we allowed to upsize the Marco's wheels?

@JLBowler ... looking for a ruling on the Marco's wheels.

There is no option to change wheels on the standard size. You can only change your wheels if you upsize them. It seems as if GT6 doesn't treat upsizing the wheels as an enhancement because we had guys in the room last night with upsized wheels.

Can we have a yah or a nay... Are we allowed to upsize the Marco's wheels?

If you can get into a tuning prohibited room with upsized wheels then use the upsized wheels. There is not data out there to support that it changed the car's handling in any way (unlike brake balance). I will warn you that sometimes the game gets picky and will reject a car with upsized wheels in a tuning prohibited room. If you upsize the wheels and then can't get in, don't expect the host to wait for you to go change your wheels. You will miss the race.

Last edited:
If you can get into a tuning prohibited room with it done then we have no way to police it. It's like brake balance, if we could prevent it, we would. I will warn you that sometimes the game gets picky and will reject a car with upsized wheels in a tuning prohibited room. If you upsize the wheels and then can't get in, don't expect the host to wait for you to go change your wheels. You will miss the race.

On top of what Bowler said, here is what @Dragonwhisky had to say.

Before I knew about the rim discussion, I had been using upsized wheels most of the time. I've never had a problem entering a 'Tuning Prohibited' SNAIL room with them, so I will assume that has either been fixed, or maybe it's picky with only certain cars. Just my assumptions though.

Maybe it needs a TOPP so people will see it, or written into the rules if it's not already.

Yeah, becasue a top of the page post, links to track boundaries, and pictures all worked so well in getting everyone to understand and abide by the rules at Ascari.

I will add in DW's post and my post about plus sized wheels to the FUD but I'll bet there are not a lot of people around here that actually use that document when they have a question.

Yeah, becasue a top of the page post, links to track boundaries, and pictures all worked so well in getting everyone to understand and abide by the rules at Ascari.

I will add in DW's post and my post about plus sized wheels to the FUD but I'll bet there are not a lot of people around here that actually use that document when they have a question.

I hear ya. Us race car drivers are a stubborn bunch aren't we :P

I hear ya. Us race car drivers are a stubborn bunch aren't we :P

It would appear, based on recent observations, that the part of the brain that makes one want to go fast is more influential in the decision making process than the part of the brain that reads, understands, and follows directions and rules in a majority of racers.

Hey @Rednose58 can you talk to your wife about me? :lol:
that's really nice.

Now, the PS4 and project cars being incompatible with the G27 would be a huge blow to me but I think it would be an even bigger blow to them as the G27 is not only the best sold Sim racing wheel as the thrustmaster products are very, very expensive and I'm sure they don't want to lose potential costumers with such a stupid move.

View attachment 291905

View attachment 291904

You luck a** I've had my eye on that rig for a while

16107870297_79efca1e14_n.jpg

16267825316_29c7ca4557_n.jpg

Introducing Race Camp 2015, this going to be a 4-6 week course. The main goals of Race Camp are to instruct beginner drivers in all aspects of driving a race car, or running a road course properly.

Each session will be between 60-120 minutes. We will be using all drivetrain variations, along with many different tire compounds. By covering all aspects, the drivers will be prepared for whatever combination you might be asked to drive.

There will be a lot of 1 on 1 instructions, along with questions being answered. Those who are interested please PM me with what time and day work best for you. Currently, I am planning either a late Friday evening 9pm/10pm Eastern or Saturday evening around 8pm/9pm Eastern.

Course Outline
  • Identifying corner entry, apex, corner exit
  • Differences in early apex, and late apex cornering (Pro's, Con's)
  • Difference in braking techniques and braking points (Brake Application, Early, Late, Threshold)
  • Application of Throttle (Modulation, When/Where)
  • Proper lines to setup for multiple corners
  • General car control
  • General racecraft advice
  • Passing Techniques
  • Pyschological side of racing
Car's that will be used during Race Camp

FF
  • Honda Integra Type R '04 (DC5) CM/CS/SH
  • Honda Integra Type R '04 Touring Car SM/SS/RH

MR/RR

• Toyota MR2 GT Limited CM/CS/SH
  • Ruf 3400s '00 SM/SS/RH

FR

• BMW Z4 '03 CM/CS/SH
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '04 (C5) SM/SS/RH

4WD/AWD
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95 CM/CS/SH
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Touring Car '05 SM/SS/RH

Last edited:
. . . Before I knew about the rim discussion, I had been using upsized wheels most of the time. I've never had a problem entering a 'Tuning Prohibited' SNAIL room with them, so I will assume that has either been fixed, or maybe it's picky with only certain cars. Just my assumptions though.
The 2nd or 3rd week of my SNAIL career added the Integra Touring Car, which I bought months earlier and bumped up the rim size to the maximum available. I forgot I had done so though, and was unable to join the Thursday night practice course when we switched to it. I recall I switched to a new settings sheet, reset everything, then reset everything in the settings screen, all to no avail. I asked in the chat if anyone had suggestions and someone asked about the rims. I couldn't remember, so I backed out, swapped to same-size rims, and had no issues there on out.

A few weeks later I was in a non-SNAIL room where this subject came up - upsized rims being considered tuning - and one of the guys was able to prove he could get his car on the track without issue (I then tried and it worked for me too). I don't recall what car; I wanna say it was a standard S2000.

So, as of 9 or so months ago the game was inconsistent. I haven't checked since so I cannot say for sure that it's still the case.

Not sure this helps . . .

The 2nd or 3rd week of my SNAIL career added the Integra Touring Car, which I bought months earlier and bumped up the rim size to the maximum available. I forgot I had done so though, and was unable to join the Thursday night practice course when we switched to it. I recall I switched to a new settings sheet, reset everything, then reset everything in the settings screen, all to no avail. I asked in the chat if anyone had suggestions and someone asked about the rims. I couldn't remember, so I backed out, swapped to same-size rims, and had no issues there on out.

A few weeks later I was in a non-SNAIL room where this subject came up - upsized rims being considered tuning - and one of the guys was able to prove he could get his car on the track without issue (I then tried and it worked for me too). I don't recall what car; I wanna say it was a standard S2000.

So, as of 9 or so months ago the game was inconsistent. I haven't checked since so I cannot say for sure that it's still the case.

The game being inconsistent is the key here. I had a time where the same car could get into one tuning prohibited room but not another with the only change being upsized rims. It was at that point that I stopped using upsized rims if I was going to take the car to a tuning prohibited room.

I may try with the Marcos this week to get my wheel color but you can rest assured that I will have a back up car with standard rims on it just in case.

Might be worth trying again with that Integra Touring Car and see what happens.

Back