◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Did team SNAIL win the last challenge also? ;)

It did, and @nmcp1 won the auction with 1 million shells!

i2NncpcC.jpeg

But if Team SNAIL wins, everyone here has a chance to win, so what's wrong with that? How many other community racing groups to you race with that give away quality, valuable products like this? Having some first world problems right here.

I can understand where his concerns and opinions come from. It dramatically changes the odds of winning.

Actually, from a statistics standpoint, any one person's odds do not change. If you have a 5% chance of winning, it doesn't matter who has the other 95%.

But TEAM SNAIL now has the greatest advantage of winning with 30%. There's a far greater chance that this will turn into another bidding war instead of chance. That's less fun in my opinion.

I'm not arguing fairness at all, I don't think it's unfair. I just personally feel that it's more fun when someone wins at the end of the race. Which could still happen, but that's no longer statistically probable.

Actually, from a statistics standpoint, any one person's odds do not change. If you have a 5% chance of winning, it doesn't matter who has the other 95%.

But TEAM SNAIL now has the greatest advantage of winning with 30%. There's a far greater chance that this will turn into another bidding war instead of chance. That's less fun in my opinion.

I'm not arguing fairness at all, I don't think it's unfair. I just personally feel that it's more fun when someone wins at the end of the race. Which could still happen, but that's no longer statistically probable.

He's exactly right. The number of chances you have to win doesn't change, because the votes aren't taken from you. But even if Team SNAIL wins, someone here will still get it.

Also something to think about is who could really use it. Many racers have a nice rig while others that have a wheel have some kind of make shift contraption. I think the donation of their picks so someone who could really use has a chance shows great sportsmanship.

I see your point, but people that have spent money on their rig have done exactly that, spent their own money. Wouldn't it then be unfair to those that spent their money on rigs when someone else is basically given one for $0? Everyone should be eligible. If someone that wins it has no use for it, because maybe they have a better rig, or something else they like, then it would be up to them to pass it on, as great sportsmanship.

Not everyone can afford to build or buy a rig.

No, but not everyone can afford to live in a big house with expensive furnishings, so should they be gifted one? Besides, look at the fastest people we have. They don't all have fancy rigs. Skill > racing rigs. Heck, there's people that use a controller that are pretty fast.

I'm just expressing my opinion, I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong. I just believe in earning your way to the top, no matter what it is you're doing, work or play. If I get help along the way, great, but I will never rely on it or expect it. I plan to succeed without that being a factor.

You show a good understanding of statistics and probabilty above, but then you leave me scratching my head with this:

You realize that a 70% chance is pretty good probability, right?

You show a good understanding of statistics and probabilty above, but then you leave me scratching my head with this:

You realize that a 70% chance is pretty good probability, right?

Agreed. Problem with statistics... I end up looking at them with my personal bias. :rolleyes:

Also something to think about is who could really use it. Many racers have a nice rig while others that have a wheel have some kind of make shift contraption. I think the donation of their picks so someone who could really use has a chance shows great sportsmanship.
yes but if you have an awesome rig and win it you can donate it to the team snail snail for less program!

Hey guys long time no talk, can you please let me know what I need to do so I can get back into racing, and let me know what changes you all have made? Thanks

There needs to be a capable host for D2 tonight. I'm still fighting this cold and my concentration level is not on par with the speed of D2.

Back